Sign in to follow this  
veltjens

2-seaters NOT taking off

I've recently noticed that the 2-seater flights are now longer taking off.

I think it may be because the planes do not line up correctly, so, they don't move, as them may run into each other.

I'm currently flying French, C-43, Champien field (Flanders), March 15, 1917.  I actually transferred twice (from other Caudron escadrilles), but all of them had the same issue.  I also had this issue as German.

I notice that ALL planes in the squardon are assigned to each mission, and I think it's the "crowding" that forces this.

Even if I take off, go on autopilot, and wait, I just fly around once, and return to the field.

MAGNIFICENT GAME, running flawlessly!

THANKS! V

• Like 1

I can confirm your observation. Well to the point of waiting 5 minutes and not seeing some AI nor my own crate (full autopilot mode just for testing) takeoff.

6082e48e88bc3_C43takeoffdelay01.thumb.jpg.6b24842a868991a818b91f89b003a80c.jpg

I'm the green arrow.

6082e4903ec6d_C43takeoffdelay04.thumb.jpg.a9e043adbd4d980a8ecab7c96c7ca23f.jpg

However, I've not noticed this in my RFC two-seater careers. I do see some random takeoff order where the Leader is not the first one in B Flight to takeoff.

Edited by busdriver

Well, would you want to take off in that weather?

The AI in BHaH2 is so smart that it knows it is useless to fly in pea-soup!

:biggrin:

• Haha 1

That must be it, BB.  :smile:

But seriously, it sounds like the aerodrome itself may be the issue, unless you are having this problem at other fields.  If only on this field, there is likely object interference in the facility.  You should report it to the devs either way.

46 minutes ago, RAF_Louvert said:

That must be it, BB.  :smile:

But seriously, it sounds like the aerodrome itself may be the issue, unless you are having this problem at other fields.  If only on this field, there is likely object interference in the facility.  You should report it to the devs either way.

I would recommend that if you are going to report it to the devs, make sure you test it with "No Mods" active just to be sure it's not being caused by a mod.

Best Regards

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rjw said:

I would recommend that if you are going to report it to the devs, make sure you test it with "No Mods" active just to be sure it's not being caused by a mod.

Best Regards

That's an excellent point. I don't use Mods. 

So in that case, that eliminates mods as a source, so make sure if you report it you notify them that you don't use mods, Hopefully that will expedite things.

Best Regards

More testing and thus far I'm only encountering this extreme takeoff interval with the Caudron G4.  Latest test career with C 4 at Pierrefonds (Marne) in Jan 1916 then to Lemmes (Verdun) advancing time a week or month after each mission. Generally speaking, I'm observing B Flight Lead typically starts his takeoff roll 1:45 to 3:00 after starting engines. I did see one immediate takeoff when the activity switched to "Taking Off" at 25 seconds after engine start. The rest of B Flight delays about another minute before somebody rolls. I observed only one mission where all of B Flight and A Flight rolled with minimum delay. Often A Flight doesn't takeoff until we are long gone.

The first mission after moving to Lemmes, B Flight Lead rolled promptly at 30 seconds and all others delayed until 8:30. By then Lead was over 5 miles away "in transit" to the front lines. Perhaps it means nothing, but viewing from the cockpit my throttles were rapidly slamming back and forth as we waited. When number 2 rolled we all rolled with minimum interval.

6083295ca7b3b_C4takeoffinterval01.png.af44c6dea45ea3c0205f6d1864524753.png

I'm concurrently playing a Strutter career (Summer of 1916) and Bristol F2B career (Spring 1917) and have not seen this degree of persistent takeoff delay.

14 minutes ago, rjw said:

So in that case, that eliminates mods as a source, so make sure if you report it you notify them that you don't use mods, Hopefully that will expedite things.

I am merely confirming @veltjens's observation. My Caudron G4 career as Corporal Test Dummy is complete. 

Cheers :drinks:

48 minutes ago, busdriver said:

My Caudron G4 career as Corporal Test Dummy is complete. 

I say, well done!... You didn't meet Sgt Incomplete Survey on your travels by any chance?

• Haha 1

I have been flying a Lafayette Escadrille campaign flying N-10s and have found during recent missions the planes are not taking off as expected.  I keep the flight instructor up because I like to know altitudes and other things that are expected during the mission and it has an interesting feature, it tells you when you are supposed to take off.  Anyhoo, in the last few missions the flight leader and other members just sit there with their engines running, but I take off at the appointed time not following the others, then sure enough they take off, catch up and form up as usual.  Maybe this is the problem.

Ok thanks guys we'll look into it.  

I've noticed a similar issue but in the 'training'.  Currently using a German pilot, April 1916, on an airfield in Belgium, with Caporal Hans Triggers flying the second crate (Aviatik).  Instructions from the briefing tell me to follow (doing circuits) Herr Trigger.  I've waited, with engine running, for the flight lead to taxi and take off but all he does is lurch a couple of times over several minutes.  Restarting the scenario, and this time toggling 'on' the 'Flight Instructor', the instructor counts down and then I'm supposed to accelerate to take off which I do (despite the briefing telling me to follow) and begin the circuit.  Triggers then may actually take off.  He then swans about, eventually taking the lead after I circle around behind him.  Oh, and before being told, I'm not using any mods.

Yeah we have new code there in V1.05 (not yet released) that will should fix the take off for some aircraft that are having problem. 

Edited by Polovski
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You the man Pol/WM

OK this fix and others is now released as V1.05

• Like 2