whiteknight06604

Combatace access issues.

Yeah, I think that did the trick. AVG appears to have fixed the issue as I'm on the site with Firefox no problems.  I cleaned the cache a bit and cookies and it seemed to have fixed the problem.

Edited by EricJ
  • Like 2

good advice.

i had the same issue last night, brought the site up on Edge, then cleared out in Firefox. tacky as it sounds, it was a direct result of reading this thread

you should make it  sticky or post a new permanent (and locked) thread at top of the Bugs forum

• Like 1

I'm getting the 403 Forbidden page again via Firefox. I tried clearing some stuff so no joy. I will come back later and see if the problem persists.

Fixed it. Is this going to be an issue? Somehow the cookie goes old or something?

Honestly, I have no idea if this is going to be an issue on your instance of FF? I use FF all the time and I've never had a problem, even with multiple logins on multiple devices. I wouldn't even know how to start help you diagnose that but check that you're allowing cookies to be stored and not erased after every session? That's my only guess.

Thanks

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm not deleting cookies after each session so it should be up to date and so on. Goofy shit is the only explanation I guess. Maybe it's some security setting on Win10 that's causing the issue (though I  don't know why it would be doing just this site only) or something with the certificate, so I don't know where to begin either. I guess something I gotta deal with.

Fair enough. Maybe it's Firefox or something, I'll mess with the settings and see if there's something going on with it.

Check the security settings in Firefox ... set it to normal and see if that clears up your problem. I also noticed in my install I remove all the cookies and cached pages every time I close the browser and that setting works fine other than I have to log in every time but that's not a big deal.

Thanks

I have two nearly identical PCs. One of them started having this problem with Edge, but still works with Chrome. The other has no problem at all. I haven't tried deleting cookies yet.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, streakeagle said:

I have two nearly identical PCs. One of them started having this problem with Edge, but still works with Chrome. The other has no problem at all. I haven't tried deleting cookies yet.

Yep, flush the cookies and cached pages and you should be fine.

I had this problem with Edge on Tuesday, but Chrome was OK.

Cleared cookies in Edge and now I seem to be fine.

• Like 2

The problem spread to Edge in both PCs, but I finally cleared the cached files/cookies and now both PCs can use edge to browse combatace.com again.

• Like 1

Be aware that for some reason you have to redo the cookie clean as I had to do it again. Is the cookie somehow set to expire in some way every week or so? Because that's been  the frequency. It worked fine all day and just recently went kaput on me.

Edited by EricJ

Security settings in your browser disable or invalidate the cookie so websites don't track you. This is a Firefox security thing and it's why it's only happening in Firefox. Adjust your security settings as I mentioned previously. We don't do anything other than set a cookie that says you're logged in with a timestamp and we certainly can't do anything on your computer to make things change on how you access the site. 

• Like 1

I did all that, and it crops up. I went into the settings and didn't block cookies and scripts, which should help with this problem.