FIGHTERS (the vote will be open between 13 to 27 of February 12 PM CET)  

74 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Community Most Wanted - Fighters

• MIG-19 Farmer-C
    • Lockheed F-94 Starfire
    • Convair F2Y Sea Dart
    • SNCASE Baroudeur
    • KAI KF-21 Boramae
    • Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II
    • Dassault Mirage G8
    • Mirage 2000D
    • Grumman F9F Panther
    • Chengdu J-20
    • Su-75 Checkmate
  2. 2. Community Most Wanted - Traning/Prototypes/Experimental aircraft

• SU-15
    • Hawker Hunter T7/T8
    • Eurofighter Typhoon
    • SEPECAT Jaguar
    • CASA C-101 Aviojet
    • KAI T-50 Golden Eagle
    • Dassault/Dornier Alpha Jet-E
    • Helwan HA-300
    • North American X-15
    • Northrop YF-17
    • F-16 XL
  3. 3. Community Most Wanted - Bomber, RECON, Multirole, Ground attack

• Mirage 2000N
    • AMX A-1M
    • Lockheed U-2S
    • Grumman S-2 Tracker
    • Grumman E-1 Tracker
    • Canadair CL-215
    • Textron AirLand Scorpion
    • North American AJ Savage
    • AIDC F-CK-1 Ching -Kuo

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/27/2023 at 10:00 AM

11 hours ago, UllyB said:

Michael, if you remember, when we did that public test with our "B" version and you discovered that graphic glitch, you also asked me, in a post, where is the F-18 cockpit (the cockpit.ini file had an entry for a F-18 cockpit LOD). I am telling you now, the same I was telling you then: the F-18 cockpit is/was just for TEST bro ! We used it because we didn't have a dedicated one build (yet), that's the only reason. So, please, just download and use whatever cockpit suits you the best. When we will release a dedicated one (we stated that we will have one in the near future, in our road map, if you saw the post) I promise you that I will let you know personally when it will be ready. :)

PS - If you really want that bad that F-18 cockpit, I used one from SF1 series, I think it is still in the download section, just look it up. Apart from that I can't help you with the mattered you flagged (HUD material and stuff). As Eric implied you have to do some digging on your own to bring it up to SF2 standards.

No problem. I can wait for the right ockpit.

BTW really nice bird. I love it very much.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

imagen.jpeg.cf5f2cc1423ef3a9a0e5412a6ea32580.jpeg   Imágenes de la cabina del F-16 - Parte 1

Just a comment... or take it as a thought out loud... why use the F-18 cockpit if the F-16 cockpit is almost like the original? I would use that one, maybe being picky I would remove some bits and happily fool myself. Even with a fake pilot you could (in theory) add accessories and with INI editing some elements can be moved and/or disappear... even making things disappear and painting them with an editor is also an option.

Edited by PeacePuma
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PeacePuma said:

imagen.jpeg.cf5f2cc1423ef3a9a0e5412a6ea32580.jpeg   Imágenes de la cabina del F-16 - Parte 1

Just a comment... or take it as a thought out loud... why use the F-18 cockpit if the F-16 cockpit is almost like the original? I would use that one, maybe being picky I would remove some bits and happily fool myself. Even with a fake pilot you could (in theory) add accessories and with INI editing some elements can be moved and/or disappear... even making things disappear and painting them with an editor is also an option.

As I answered to Michael (see the post above yours), I am telling you, too, that the F-18 cockpit has nothing to do with our choice to hook this plane up to a cockpit. It's just the test cockpit that was used, and that's the all of it, it just remained that empty entry there, in the cockpit.ini file. If it would have been other cockpit, the same, you or anyone else, would have asked why that one and so on. Now do you see where I am getting with this ?  Furthermore, there is not a single statement in this thread, in plane download page's file or anywhere else on this website where we, EVER, said that there will be used the  X, Y  or Z cockpit for this plane. So why do you keep asking that I wonder folks ? Don't get me wrong, I am not upset because people are keep asking that, I'm just puzzled that people are asking that, instead of seeing the simple obvious...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UllyB said:

Como le respondí a Michael (ver la publicación arriba de la suya), también le digo que la cabina del F-18 no tiene nada que ver con nuestra elección de conectar este avión a una cabina. Solo se usó la cabina de prueba, y eso es todo, solo quedó esa entrada vacía allí, en el archivo cockpit.ini. Si hubiera sido otra cabina, lo mismo, tú o cualquier otra persona, habrías preguntado por qué esa y así sucesivamente. ¿Ahora ves adónde quiero llegar con esto? Además, no hay una sola declaración en este hilo, en el archivo de la página de descarga del avión o en cualquier otro lugar de este sitio web donde NUNCA hayamos dicho que se utilizará la cabina X, Y o Z para este avión. Entonces, ¿por qué siguen preguntando eso, amigos? No me malinterpretes, no estoy molesto porque la gente sigue preguntando eso, simplemente me sorprende que la gente pregunte eso, en lugar de ver lo simple y obvio...

Apparently you didn't understand my comment... it doesn't matter if you have a cockpit or not (I posted the sentry mods without a pit and they asked me the same thing), I'm just telling Gepard and others who see this thread in the future, that the pit F-16 is very similar and can still be made to look even more by being creative. . that's all.

Not every comment is a criticism or a clumsy question... sometimes the translation or the reader's humor causes them to interpret the wrong things.

• Like 3

Gentlemen.. please not argue on things its not worth of.. beside each of you are correct from your own standpoints, so its a draw... One thing about the F18pit was - by the way - it had dials for 2 engines so was easier to test things out.
 A dedicated pit was started for these birds - as can be read few post above about its "notion". Please sit back, enjoy gaming, it will come as soon can be done and as RL allows..

test1c.jpg.137cbc8c74ca118b02b26d6270a4a71c.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

9 hours ago, PeacePuma said:

Apparently you didn't understand my comment... it doesn't matter if you have a cockpit or not (I posted the sentry mods without a pit and they asked me the same thing), I'm just telling Gepard and others who see this thread in the future, that the pit F-16 is very similar and can still be made to look even more by being creative. . that's all.

Not every comment is a criticism or a clumsy question... sometimes the translation or the reader's humor causes them to interpret the wrong things.

Ok, if that comment was just a suggestion for the ones who are keep wondering about cockpit choices made, then I can see your point. Not hearing the tone/voice of someone who just writes a message can be , sometimes, deceiving and submitted to interpretations. Taking into account that, in your statement you were not referring to anyone specific, I just assumed you were talking to me (the initiator of the whole thread), that is why I chose to answer to you.

Edited by UllyB
  • Like 2