Sign in to follow this  

Because they have too much lift at touch-down speed.
(And the game cannot handle a wrong approach / go-around.) --> turned out to be false during a test

Edited by Cliff7600
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

or wrong

[FlightControl]
StallSpeed=
LandingSpeed=

If you will try many aircrafts you will find out that a lot of them have this problem and all hellicopters. i have special handmade mission flying over airfield to check take off/landing every aircraft i am installing and fix.Another problem its doing circles around waypoints by big bombers. even default aircrafts as Tu-22 and Tu-95 has this issue which can be fixed here

[AIData]

MaxPitchForAltitude=
MinPitchForAltitude=
FormationSpeedForPosition=
MinRollHeading=
MaxRollForHeading=
MaxRollCombat=
MaxPitchCombat=
MaxRollFormation=
FormationRollForPosition=

Edited by bazillius

Question about AI

worst movie Spielberg ever made. totally lame

--

sorry for the sidetrack!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, bazillius said:

or wrong

[FlightControl]
StallSpeed=
LandingSpeed=

If you will try many aircrafts you will find out that a lot of them have this problem and all hellicopters. i have special handmade mission flying over airfield to check take off/landing every aircraft i am installing and fix.Another problem its doing circles around waypoints by big bombers. even default aircrafts as Tu-22 and Tu-95 has this issue which can be fixed here

[AIData]

MaxPitchForAltitude=
MinPitchForAltitude=
FormationSpeedForPosition=
MinRollHeading=
MaxRollForHeading=
MaxRollCombat=
MaxPitchCombat=
MaxRollFormation=
FormationRollForPosition=

You mean leave all those entries blank?

12 hours ago, bazillius said:

Another problem its doing circles around waypoints by big bombers. even default aircrafts as Tu-22 and Tu-95 has this issue which can be fixed here

what you you plugg in if that wasnt a problem, but a desired feature? say with tankers.........

6 hours ago, amariani said:

You mean leave all those entries blank?

sure not. I just showed you where you need to try the values to get everything become OK with the plane.  for each aircraft you will have to try different values. but you can of course make them empty! :biggrin: For fun. The game will not crash from this, but the plane may behave unexpectedly. In general, the game takes these values by default from the AIRCRAFTAIDATA.INI file, which is located in the CAB file of the game itself, so try it if you want. OR EASIEST way add empoty mass :biggrin:. But then the plane will start to fly worse. although for target aircraft it is even better. Sometimes I do.

5 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

what you you plugg in if that wasnt a problem, but a desired feature? say with tankers.........

Mmmm... things in that, you do a mission in the editor, with the take-off of all the bombers, then the bomber immediately after take-off starts circling near the first waypoint, and if you made yourself a mission to intercept, you will never meet these bombers. He will circle around the airfield for an hour, two, three hours. Even if it is a tanker. If you generate a quick mission, then everything will be fine, aircraft with CRUISE_MISSILE missions will be generated in the air by themselves near the desired control point.

You can easily verify this yourself. open any generated in IcelandNA theater mission with the Tu-22 and you will see that they have neither a takeoff nor a landing waypoint. There is only a point for launching cruise missiles and a few points after. Therefore, these aircraft often cannot land.

for myself, I like to do global single missions in which all planes will take off at the right time, where there will be tank breakthroughs and artillery ambushes. Therefore, flying in circles and landing have long been a problem for me.

I don't play the way TW intended exactly. I like grand ground batles. therefore, when I fly over, everything under me explodes and the ground battle rages on.

Edited by bazillius
  • Like 1

gotcha  i was just intrigued when you said it was a behaviour in the data ini

1 hour ago, daddyairplanes said:

data ini

The Geme  looks in data ini and if doesnt see it in data ini uses default values from AIRCRAFTAIDATA.INI

Default values are not always suitable for a particular aircraft. And moreover, in Date ini of Tu-22 by TW the values are not correct. They need to be corrected.

the Soviet bombers use the 'off map basing" that NA brought. Therefore, they start "in air" and end "in air" off the edge of the map

2 minutes ago, Wrench said:

the Soviet bombers use the 'off map basing" that NA brought. Therefore, they start "in air" and end "in air" off the edge of the map

Yes. Thats why i say if we want to use them in custom scenario and we want to land them we need to correct ini

• Like 1

On 8/11/2023 at 9:42 PM, amariani said:

Why some AI aircraft don't land and just fly off into the sunset?

You may ask around son, but if you ask me, I think they are too cheap to pay their airport taxes, that's what I think it is so they just fly and , when the fuel is near gone, they skip to the border of the map and, PUFF!, they disappear.

• Haha 1

On 11/08/2023 at 10:16 PM, Cliff7600 said:

And the game cannot handle a wrong approach / go-around.

I've just witnessed, for the first time ever, a wingman doing successfully a go-around pattern.

Number 4 pulled off before touch down to avoid number 3 and I (we clipped each other wing), made a successful downwind leg to WP 10 and turned to a correct final approach.

To solve the problem reduce the stall speed.

I have done it for the Vulcan. In the original VulcanB2_data.ini :

StallSpeed=55.88

i reduced it to:

StallSpeed=42.88

The AI piloted plane is landing now.

Edited by Gepard
  • Like 2