Guys, I need your help.

I have a very annoying issue since some time, when I want to flight with one of our Mirage F1, I have texture issue, sometime in the cockpit, sometime on the aircraft, as you can see on the screenshots and in other case the game freeze during the loading (70 or 80%).

Another thing, the game takes a lot of time to load.

it's happen randomly but very often since I run under Windows 11.

I also noticed that it's happen when I use high resolution skins.

I'm a little bit lost because I thought I have a strong enough computer to use HD skins or cockpit texture.

img00001.JPG

img00002.JPG

A black plane means, that there is no texture file available. Often the LOD need a jpg file and only a bmp file is in the texture folder.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Gepard said:

A black plane means, that there is no texture file available.

Not always. I think Ludo already knows that textures are needed, he's using his own Mirage F1 add-ons.

Black textures happen when you run out of VRAM. @ludo.m54 reinstall DirectX 9 redistributables, update video drivers and make sure you're using your dedicated GPU in the game's options (Strike Fighters 2 usually defaults to the integrated graphics card of the CPU, and that is obviously insufficient for high quality add-ons).

Edited by Menrva

Like Menrva said, it's usually a gpu ram problem, get some program that lets you see your cpu/gpu usage in game. I run an 8gb Radeon RX580 & sometimes I max it out, too many hi res textures or just too many textures in general soon add up........I have 670 terrain textures and those alone are quite a load before we even get to any object textures.

• Like 1

I cannot believe it !

The issue comes from my soundlist.ini... I deleted it and everything seems to be fine.

I never thought that this kind of file could generate texture issue.

I'm going to make more test flights to confirm.

Thanks a lot for your help :good:

• Like 2

I've never heard of anything like that since I started with this game in 2004!!! Keep us posted on what's what with whatever!!

wow

i now wonder how much sound affects the game. i remember having issue with ODS30AE crashing everytime, and adjusting channels upwards was the solution

curious ludo, was your system built Win11 or did you upgrade the system from 10?

43 minutes ago, ludo.m54 said:

The issue comes from my soundlist.ini... I deleted it and everything seems to be fine.

I never thought that this kind of file could generate texture issue.:good:

During the development of ODS 30AE, we used to have sounds in higher quality, some WAVs even were some MBs in size. They made loading times much longer and definitely required more memory. I wouldn't say it's due to the soundlist as we have some 300 entries in it for ODS 30AE. Try reducing the quality of sound files instead. The game prefers low frequency mono sounds, low quality ones overall.

8 hours ago, Wrench said:

I've never heard of anything like that since I started with this game in 2004!!! Keep us posted on what's what with whatever!!

I investigate to find which entry in my soundlist causing the issue. I started to add the new sound one by one to find the one at the origin of the problem.

8 hours ago, daddyairplanes said:

curious ludo, was your system built Win11 or did you upgrade the system from 10?

My system is built Windows 11.

Encountered this strange bug about one year ago with the engine sound (think it was one of the F-18E). I installed the bird in a mod and the engine sound file got corrupted somewhere... I download back the plane and it was ok (i put back the first version of every file and when i put the engine one i got a stealthy hornet)... I scratched my head to find it back then :)

12 hours ago, ludo.m54 said:

I investigate to find which entry in my soundlist causing the issue. I started to add the new sound one by one to find the one at the origin of the problem.My system is built Windows 11.

ok. my original built laptop doesnt have issues with SF2.  my desktop that i upgraded from 10 on the other hand has regular VRAM issues. one of these days ill get around to dialing it back to 10