Sign in to follow this  
Defaultface

Adding MirageIIIO to Rolling Thunder

Hello combatAce,

Ive been trying to add a SQN of MirageIIIO (F) to the default SF2V Rolling Thunder campaign and hit a snag. Ive managed to get the Unit and aircraft in game, and it is possible to select RAAF -> 75SQN in the campaign menu etc. However in game the SQN is based at Korat instead of Da Nang like I set it up in the ini files, and the service markings in the loadout screen and ingame show up as USAF, despite the nation being set to Australia.

Anyone have any clue on what Ive missed here? A search showed a similar issue with an EF2000 but that was tied to the date and export control IIRC, which isnt the case with the MirageIIIO...?

Face

Posted (edited)

what about runway lengths? or more specifically MinBaseSize in teh aircraft data ini

if the Mirage needs a larger airbase size than Da Nang, it may be why youre being defaulted to Korat

as for nation defaulting to US, is Austrailia an allow service in the Campaign.ini?

Edited by daddyairplanes

I added Aus to the services at the top of the Campaign Ini yes. Ill check the minbase size thanks for the hint.

Minbasesize is Medium for the Mirage, which is the same as the F-4s which are based there by default so I dont think thats it unfortunately.

check the terrain's limited nations and nations.ini. Oz will probably need to be added, as VietnamSEA is a limited nations=TRUE terrain

Could you post your campaign ini and _Data.ini files?

Thanks.

First, I’m not sure that the game likes out-of-sequence entries in campaign data files, so you should put your squadron at the end of the air unit list.

However, that is not what your problem is. In your CampaignV1.ini, the UnitID should be 153 (and not 166), because your Mirage unit is the 153rd entry belonging to the blue side (ForceID=1). With 166, the game is looking for the 166th unit on the blue side, which, obviously, does not exist, so it reverts to the first available friendly unit (which is the 12th TFS based at Korat, so probably that is the reason why you found yourself there with USAF markings).

• Like 1

Hmm ok... But the NVAF units also seem to start from 153? I figured it would conflict with those.

Anyway he edit you suggest does seem to have done the trick. Thanks for all the help.

you need to renumber every air unit when you add another air unit, as Blade says the order must be our flyable air units (blue) non flyable units (blue) flyable units (red) and non flyable units (red)

Make it easy. Choose a flyable american fighter unit and replace it with the australian unit and give it the Mirage as plane. No need to add a new unit and cause unexpected troubles.

Posted (edited)

This happens due to a bug generated by the Campaign editor.
To solve this, take a unit that is controlled by the AI, that is, that does not have the option of being piloted by you, put this unit in a new entry of "[AirUnitxxx]" and put the aircraft/squadron etc in the place of the old one.

It will work.

And to be able to fly in the enemy nation, you can keep the entries where they are, you just need to take into account that the "AirUNITS" count starts from 0 on the "red side".For example, a MiG is there as "AirUnit086" in the general sequence in xxxDATA.INI file, but if is the first entry in the "other nation", in the xxx.INI file she need to be UnitID=1, if it is the first enemy aircraft in the sequence.
Do the count taking into account the sequence in which they appear, instead of the sequence in general, by adding these entries in the xxx.INI you will be able to fly on the enemy side without any problems.

I will add here my Rolling Thunder campaign with several entries that I made as example:

CAMPAIGNV1.INI
CAMPAIGNV1_DATA.INI

Edited by madvad
typos