Sign in to follow this  
citizen67

Rends' Germany terrain issue

Hi,

does enyone knows the reason of this strange runway issue in Rends' Germany terrain?

Thanks

img00001.JPG

could you post a brighter screen shot? All I see is an orange sky and black ground. Maybe around noontime??

• Haha 1

here you go

img00001.JPG.d9891374f7a6c028c2cc814056fcb3a1.thumb.jpg.4990f8eedd7f0c9c8aeede4799e8aa60.jpg

looks like the taxiway texture is overlapping the runway texture

Edited by ravenclaw_007
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Wrench said:

could you post a brighter screen shot? All I see is an orange sky and black ground. Maybe around noontime??

I noticed it during a sunset mission takeoff... Unfortunately, doesn't happen every time (i suppose it depends on the airfield) and I haven't never find it during a daytime mission yet.

9 minutes ago, ravenclaw_007 said:

here you go

img00001.JPG.d9891374f7a6c028c2cc814056fcb3a1.thumb.jpg.4990f8eedd7f0c9c8aeede4799e8aa60.jpg

looks like the taxiway texture is overlapping the runway texture

Thanks Ravenclaw! :biggrin:

Is there a way to fix it?

5 minutes ago, citizen67 said:

Thanks Ravenclaw! :biggrin:

Is there a way to fix it?

i`m not sure but i think Wrench would be the right person to ask , i´m not familiar with terrain modding :dntknw:

• Like 1

It looks like on of my early airfields, wich i made for Baltic Entrance Terrain for WOE.

To solve the problem take Mue's target editor and move the wrong placed taxiway in the right position.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

thank you for posting a better image!!! :)

could be what Gepard said, or maybe the 'airfield zone" wasn't properly flattened??? I'd try his suggestion first, as it's super easy with the TAE (much easier they trying to flatten with the 3w terrain editor)

also, which airfield is it? I can look it up on my copy of Rend's GCE

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wrench said:

also, which airfield is it? I can look it up on my copy of Rend's GCE

Hi Wrench,

I don't remember... I'll pay more attention next time. I've encountered a similar problem in Operation Odyssey Dawn, in which sometimes desert texture randomly overlapping runways. I don't remember who, suggested me to replace:

[HeightField]
DetailScale=0.2
DetailFrequency=1.0
MaxHeight=1000
MinHeight=0

with:

[HeightField]
DetailScale=0.0
DetailFrequency=1.0
MaxHeight=1000
MinHeight=0

in Libya_Data.ini
Could it be a similar problem?

Meanwhile I'll try what Gepard suggest.

Edited by citizen67
  • Like 1

I see a lot of confusion on the matter.

The problem @citizen67 showed is what @Gepard already described, it's a custom airbase made of several separate objects for runway, taxiways, etc., as such the issue is only due to a wrong placement of a taxiway object over the runway object. Stock TW airbases are monolithic instead, taxiways and runways are all part of the same 3d model.

When terrain overlaps it's an entirely different issue, it may be due to improper flattening of the heightmap or due to the TAG value of the tile being other than 0, both errors are fixable with TFDtool.

• Thanks 2