is SF1 and SF2 exactly the same sxcept SF2 is for vista/windows 7? also is this the same for example 'WOV vs SF Vietnam' so they are exactly the same except 1 for xp and 1 is for all types of windows?

i have SFG and have ordered WOV. when i get europe and israel shall i get the original ones or should i get the SF2 version because is it better graphics or something?

SF2 is vastly superior in every way to the old series. The old series has more mods..... SF2 has better graphics and also has lots of under the hood goodies that SF1 doesnt. SF2 is easier to install mods and patch than the olde series. I modded the old series since it came out in 2002 I loved every minute of it. However almost every major modder has moved on to SF2 series since it came out in 2008, to include me. Do yourself a favor get SF2 and be in the now......

SF2 has better graphics, a mission editor, a different file/folder structure for mods, and other stuff. SF2 will continue to be patched and supported by Thirdwire, where SF1 will not. Also 99.9% of new mods that made are by modders and available here at CA will be for SF2 only as we move forward. SF2 is definitely the way to go. If it isn't too late, I would cancel your WoV order and order SF2V.

In either series, you can merge all the titles together, but you can't merged titles from one series with the other. ie - SF2, SF2V, SF2E, SF2I can all be merged. SF1, WoV, WoE, WoI can all be merged. But you can't merge SF2 with WoV. Also it's much easier to merge the games with the SF2 series.

Hopefully this information isn't coming too late!

Edited by malibu43

Go for SF2 its much better in all ways... better graphics cleared for DX10 etc. Also the SFG etc is no longer supported... and most of the modders have moved to SF2 now.

@Dave what do you mean by under the hood goodies?

Its too late to cancel my WoV , but i will get SFeurope and SFisrael. also what do you mean merge? if you get all of the titles you can make them all into one big game? and there is also mission editor in SF1?

Under the hood:

Better RWR's, flight dynamics, weapon capabilities, versions of aircraft....

SF2 has a built in mission editor that alone makes it better than SF1.

You need to get all the titles my my friend if you have the cash, SF2, SF2:Vietnam, SF2:Europe, SF2:Israel, Exp 1 and Exp 2.......you will be in HOG heaven....

In either series, you can merge all the titles together, but you can't merged titles from one series with the other. ie - SF2, SF2V, SF2E, SF2I can all be merged. SF1, WoV, WoE, WoI can all be merged. But you can't merge SF2 with WoV. Also it's much easier to merge the games with the SF2 series

*emphasis added by me*

In reality, that statement is only 75% correct --- in 1stGens you can ONLY merge WoE & WoV. All the others (SF, WoI) are completly self-contained, stand-alone products. However, the 'can't merge SF/Wo* with SF2 series IS correct.

By default, when you get them in order, and INSTALL them in order, (SF2, SF2V, SF2E, SF2I, expansion 1 and expanson 2), they ALL merge into the 'default' SF2. ALL items for ALL the titles will be/are available from the main SF2 install. Then, if wished, you can create full game installs by running the

executable ***.exe for EACH of the seperate titles, thereby creating 6 seperate game install folders.

Also, as mis-stated above, the file and folder structures are 100% IDENTICAL -- it's just that the core game files; the ones you don't need to ever mess with, are located on/in the 'protected' regions of you machine. The 'modable' sections (herinafter refered to as the 'mods folder') are located in 'non-protected' regions of the machine, to wit; the "Saved Games" folder (if Vista/Win7)

1stGens also are no longer being supported in any way, shape or form by the manufacturer (3W); the last 'upgrade' was the WoI Expansion Pak, adding the items seen the SF2I Expansion Pak 1.

And, as also stated, with the exception of some 'behind the curve' users, 98.6% of all modding will only be done for the SF2 series.

Darwinism in action folks!

wrench

kevin stein

• Dislike 1

so does this mean say SFV and WOV are too different games not one is just a remake of the other? if so i will get all the SF2 series in time but are they only available to download from 3w? or can yu get them on disc? is t possible to download an unlimited amnout of times say you need to do a reinstall or would you have to pay agaijn?

i just worked out it will cost £66.20 to get SFE,SFI and both expansion packs.

Edited by cianw1

I got WOE because I found it cheap >$10 at a store near me. How do you merge installs? Maybe I've already done it without knowing it, because I can do WOV campaigns in WOE.

so does this mean say SFV and WOV are too different games not one is just a remake of the other? if so i will get all the SF2 series in time but are they only available to download from 3w? or can yu get them on disc? is t possible to download an unlimited amnout of times say you need to do a reinstall or would you have to pay agaijn?

There is more to SF2:Vietnam than to WOV. Like I said more under the hood goodies. Once you buy them on download, burn all the files to disk and you will be good to go forever. You will be able to reinstall anytime you want. I have all mine on a thumb drive.

Is there any FAC in SF2?

Is there any FAC in SF2?

The '08 patch killed FACs in SF1, and if my memory serves me right, SF2 has not had them from the begining.

Edited by Fubar512

Nope and quite frankly its not missed though... I have been hearing "FAC in sight." (don't remember the whole line off the top of my head) which I'm to believe that if the aircraft is FAC capable that call is heard when you have multiple flights attacking the same target. Though I'm not totally sure as of yet to be honest but that's my read.

i just worked out it will cost £66.20 to get SFE,SFI and both expansion packs.

Get one a month to spread out the cost, the anticipation and the enjoyment.