Veltro2k

be deeb be deeb be debb thats all folks

post-11906-0-25090400-1407085781.jpg

Edited by Veltro2k
  • Like 3

Yeah!! Thanks mate!

Will you give it some weapons?

Fooling around with something I never tried before

People do leave themselves open for abuse sometimes lol....couldnt resist the obvious...reply...lawl

af75ec9db078feed28321a738c7b2353.jpg

Amazing!  I just want to say how great you guys are.  I am extremely grateful for all the work which this community puts into constantly improving sf2.  Is this the same Kamov which snailman was working on for his verticles/soviet navy pack?  And Veltro2k, you posted some screenshots of an il-38 not so long ago (I'm glad that the Soviet navy is seeing so much love these days :kudos:).  Imagine if we had the (equally interesting looking) ships for which these helicopters where developed.... Perhaps I need to pick up a new kind of model making hobby.

Wow. I remember seeing that bird in a book and in a movie. Nice job sir.  Old Russian bird right?

People do leave themselves open for abuse sometimes lol....couldnt resist the obvious...reply...lawl

looks like the guys from Myth Busters and Duck Dynasty had their matter streams combined in a transporter accident  while beaming down to a pride parade.

Hi!  My model looks like this. It is on halt at the moment, due to the recent real life events.... (

post-81039-0-38555800-1407009529_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Looks fantastic Snailman.. please check your PM

Sorry guys going to drop this project and let snailman finish his off which looks fantastic drinks.gif.pagespeed.ce.9olfNKsCP-.gif

As they say in Newport, "Don't knock it until you try it."

Amazing!  I just want to say how great you guys are.  I am extremely grateful for all the work which this community puts into constantly improving sf2.  Is this the same Kamov which snailman was working on for his verticles/soviet navy pack?  And Veltro2k, you posted some screenshots of an il-38 not so long ago (I'm glad that the Soviet navy is seeing so much love these days :kudos:).  Imagine if we had the (equally interesting looking) ships for which these helicopters where developed.... Perhaps I need to pick up a new kind of model making hobby.

We have some Soviet ships ready for them. Aside from the stock Kiev, the Sovremenny is built to allow helicopter ops, as is the Kirov (which I really need to finish overhauling some day...). But, we don't have any naval helicopters yet, so I'm very glad someone else is doing the Kamovs. I just don't have the time, patience, or expertise to build them right now.

I'm rooting for you, Snailman!

Veltro please, can you work on the Ka-27? Is still a soviet naval helicopter, and we really need to see one on the deck of our soviet ships, and creating this one you don't jump on Snailman WIP so is a everyone happy situation.

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

And with weapons too, "need to investigate this further"

Hope you can give it a go, will be great on Samurai and TK soviet ships deck.

And I can provide all the 16tons of stuff I have on Kamov helis. Would be ok with me. Flight model could be the very same, and a lot of game working mechanisms are interchangeable (weapons, sound, parts, anim layout etc etc).

Hope you can give it a go, will be great on Samurai and TK soviet ships deck.

As soon as we can find a workout how to get the AI to land helis. Or these craft will be exclusively for human players (

Maybe we can rename this post to Kamov projects (or something)

Shouldn't the AI land the helis as "really slow planes" ??

no they can't. the only heli that can land is the UH-1 from Falklands mod. But if I modify whatever data in it, it will broke. 

In the AI_touchdown phase, they lose control and start spiralling down to ground and crash.

Wow!! Ka-25 "Hormone" and Ka-27 "Helix"? They will be welcome and nice to see them parked on our Kiev carriers!

Good work!  :clapping:

no they can't. the only heli that can land is the UH-1 from Falklands mod. But if I modify whatever data in it, it will broke. 

In the AI_touchdown phase, they lose control and start spiralling down to ground and crash.

yep as he said...and on some copters sometimes when your parked on deck the carrier moves away and leaves you behind..  so they would be mainly just for eye candy

yep as he said...and on some copters sometimes when your parked on deck the carrier moves away and leaves you behind..  so they would be mainly just for eye candy

Whoa, i've never seen that. For me, heli works fine, as long as I fly it.  Parking looks very good on Kiev, now it can auto-fold rotors too.

For very slow speeds, the landing routine seems to be buggy. I am experiencing with biplane FM from FE2 ....  long and painful but we will see.

was thinking..does the harrier in this game have the same problem ?

AI can land without problems AFAIK. Try to contact FRPignon I think his Alouette can land on frigates. Veltro will you give it a go to the Ka27??

Try to contact FRPignon I think his Alouette can land on frigates. 

No they can't if they are AI

My fault then. Hope Veltro can give this one a go.