About This File
This model represents the Leahy class, in service from 1962 to 1995. The Leahy class was dedicated missile cruiser, equipped with fore and aft twin SAM launchers, and primarily tasked with defending fleet elements.
This package contains three versions of the Leahy, separated into the major refits the class underwent during its service life:
- As built in 1962: Equipped with Terrier missiles and two 3" twin turrets
- AAW refit circa 1968: Terriers replaced with SM-1ER, electronics updated to support new missiles
- NTU refit circa 1988: New radars, 3" guns replaced with Harpoon launchers and Phalanx CIWS, SM-1ER replaced with SM-2ER
Each version has its own names.ini list, so each variant will appear in task forces in the correct era. Each version of the ship is substantially different in their anti-air and anti-missile capability, which I have attempted to simulate as best as I can. The Harpoons on the NTU version are fully functional. SRBOC launchers (as on my other USN ships) are included on the model but disabled by default for simplicity's sake.
Note: The weapon systems, collision mesh, and decals have been updated for compatibility with SF2: North Atlantic and the March 2012 patch. If you have not installed/do not plan to install either, this model will not work properly.
When setting up a task force, using the USNgrey texture will allow hull decals based on the ship number. If placing the model as a single ship instead of a task force, please use the different texture sets to get a specific hull number.
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or constructive criticisms regarding this model, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you!
What's New in Version 3.1
- 2012/10/13 Minor cosmetic and data improvements
- 2012/10/04 Complete rebuild of model, includes historically accurate variants, new weapons, new sounds, and more
- 2012/03/21 SF2:NA update
- 2011/09/29 initial release