About This File
SF2 "Aces over Vietnam" Hi-Res Silver Border 1024x768 Menu Screens and Music!
Special thanks to Homefies, Spectre8750, Stary and eburger68 for their contributions to Combatace!
This mod includes custom "vietnam Era" themed menu screens, pilots and (w/ 60s) music. This package also contains optional/alternate/upgraded Campaigns screens for both stock and expansions. There are many alternate screens in the Menu folder, so take a look and if you like some thing better, rename them to default names and use them instead.
If you choose to install these screens, I recommend that you back up your CAMPAIGNS, FLIGHT, MENU and PILOTDATA folders in the SF2 Mod folder you're installing this mod into. Just in case you want to go back to your original setup.
Also note: If you are able - meaning, if you don't already have something in the Menu folder that you want to keep or is needed by some other mod you installed. It would be better to "Rename" your original Menu folder and let this package installs cleanly. Only if you can...
*** To install...
Note: My StrikeFighter2 mod on Win97 64-bit was..(yours may be different)...
C:\Users\<your_id>\Saved Games\Thirdwire\StrikeFighter2 Vietnam\
1) Backup/Copy your CAMPAIGNS, FLIGHT, MENU and PILOTDATA folders in your StrikeFighter2 Vietnam mod folder.
2) Uncompress the new Menu package and browse the content. As usual, there are alot of alternate screens in the Menu folder you may like better.
3) Copy the FLIGHT, MENU and PILOTDATA folders in your StrikeFighter2 Vietnam mod folder.
*** Optional Campaigns screens...
1) The "Campaigns" folder contain new images for the Stock Vietnam Campaigns. This is optional, but I think they look better than the stock pix. Copy the Campaigns folder into your StrikeFighter2 Vietnam mod folder.
2) The "!Optional" folder contain new images for the Vietnam Expand Air and Ground War. Read the "Read-Me" in that folder for more detail. Copy the Campaigns folder from the !Optional folder into your StrikeFighter2 Vietnam mod folder.
*** To Uninstall...
1) Delete the CAMPAIGNS, FLIGHT, MENU and PILOTDATA folders and restore the ones you backed up.
What's New in Version Version 2 (Final)
- Version 1
- Initial Release
- Version 2 (Final)
- Updated/Better Campaign Screens
- New Loading Jet wav file (longer)
- More alternate screens