About This File
Nieuport 24bis skins of Escadrille 561 for EmID N24bis First Eagles 2
This is a skin pack, representing most of the Nieuports 24bis used by Escadrille 561 on Venice, Italy from 1917 to 1918.
To be used with the campaign "Armchair Aces Over Italy" by Ojcar.
Many Escadrille 561 pilots, kept thier personal markings even as they switched to different types of Nieuports and SPADs.
When the Nieuport model featured different interpretations of markings, I added it as a new option on the decals. So you will find some repeated pilot names to represent these versions. While all markings are historical, some are unrelated to the Nieuport type. I decided to put them in, for greater diversification and greatest fun. If you don't want to use them, just delete or rename them from the decal folder.
Many serial numbers are historicals, others are not.
You will get better profit of these skins with the campaign "Armchair Aces Over Italy" by Ojcar. If you do not have this campaign, you could find it here. https://combatace.com/files/file/17169-armchair-aces-over-italy/
Escadrille N.561 was a French squadron dedicated to defending Venice, Italy from aerial attack. Stemming from a six plane detachment assigned to Venice's defense on 15 August 1915, after its foundation in June 1916, Escadrille 561 would defend Venice until 1 January 1918. Detached then to support the French X Armee during its sojourn in Italy, the squadron remained on the peninsula after the X Armee had returned to France. By war's end, Escadrille 561 was credited with destroying 12 enemy aircraft and four observation balloons. The Escadrille 561, produced only one Ace, Sergeant André Robert Lévy credited with six aerial victories.
The squadron flew most of the manufactured Nieuports (10, 11, 12, 16, 17, 21, 23, 24 and 27) and a small number of Sopwith 1A2, SPAD VII, SPAD XI & SPAD XIII.
- Aéro-Journal n°39, L'Escadrille de Venise, entre guerre et dolce vita, David Méchin.
- Albin Denis website: http://albindenis.fr
** What you will find in this Nieuport N24bis skin Pack:
- A full set of skins & decals to Nieuport N24bis used by Escadrille 561.
- A full squadron (Escadrille 561) with 100 decal serial numbers and 22 pilot personal markings.
- 4 New optional hangar screens for Nieuport 24bis (N24bis) in 1920x1200 size. You will find this in the "HANGAR SCREEN" folder.
To use it, you must drop or copy the jpg file in your N24bis aircraft main folder, next, edit your N24bis.ini file. and add this line:
HangarScreen=ESC 561-HANGARSCREEN 01.jpg <------ add this line to use the first option.
HangarScreen=ESC 561-HANGARSCREEN 02.jpg <------ add this line to use the second option.
HangarScreen=ESC 561-HANGARSCREEN 03.jpg <------ add this line to use the third option.
HangarScreen=ESC 561-HANGARSCREEN 04.jpg <------ add this line to use the fourth option.
- Drop or copy the folder "N24bis" from mine "Aircraft" folder to your "Aircraft" folder.
- Drop or copy the folder "N24bis" from mine "decals" folder to your "decals" folder.
In order to work properly on your loadout menu option, this following lines, must to be COPIED into your "N24bis".ini file.
Replace the (XXX) in the [TextureSetXXX] top line, with the appropriate number following your "N24bis.ini" file order for others skins that you have already installed before.
- Julio Junqueira texture skins & decals markings for Nieuport 24bis and hangar screens.
- Thanks to EmlD for the excellent Nieuport 24bis model.
- special thanks to CombatAce.com hosting the files.
These textures are freeware; you are allowed to use it as you wish, but The names of all contributors listed here, must be added in any new released readmes. These textures may not in any way, be used in any payware additions.