ghanad Posted Saturday at 12:47 PM Posted Saturday at 12:47 PM Hi everyone, I’m looking for the SR-71 Blackbird spy plane add-on for SF2. I actually found one, and you probably know who made it. (I don’t want to mention the creator’s name! If you look around the forum for this mod, you’ll probably figure it out.) But I ran into a big problem: the add-on requires a file called SR71-R1c.lod, and the creator said that I had to download it from another website. Unfortunately, that website has a login requirement to prevent “unauthorized access.” It says that you need to register, but, to make things even worse, there was a short notice saying: Quote “Our ISP has purged the user list. For more information, go to the forum and the Product Announcements subforum, and read the pinned message (WARNING, READ..).” The funny thing is, it didn’t even say where the forum was! At this point, I have no idea where I’m supposed to get the SR-71 add-on, and I’m completely confused! Does anyone know exactly what I’m supposed to do? I’d really appreciate any help. Thanks!
Gepard Posted Saturday at 12:57 PM Posted Saturday at 12:57 PM The only thing that could help you is to try to register over there and hope that you will be welcome there. Or you learn to create your own SR-71 from scratch. So the other modders started their business too.
ghanad Posted Saturday at 01:10 PM Author Posted Saturday at 01:10 PM Honestly, if this is how I’m supposed to be welcomed, then maybe not bothering with that mod would have been the smarter choice! I can’t even enjoy a damn Blackbird just because of one stupid file! This is seriously ridiculous! After all this, I’m starting to think I should just make the mod myself! P.S. I have absolutely no idea how to make SF2 mods, and I don’t know where to even start! If anyone here knows how to make SF2 mods and can point me in the right direction, I’d really appreciate the help. Thanks!
daddyairplanes Posted Saturday at 02:59 PM Posted Saturday at 02:59 PM can you use 3d modeling software like maya or more particularly Blender? that would create teh 3d model, the lod that you are missing. if you cannot do that, you are light years away from starting a Blackbird. on your own. you may as well wish for a Fabrege Egg (presuming youre not a billionaire) or ask for help building a bicycle the other site is .... complicated. this site will be kind of cranky and use teh "learn to make it" line alot because we get a crap ton of "can somebody make" requests. as if this were a free store and not a community that shares with each other the things we find interesting (big difference actually) where i went off on someone asking for more modern stuff yesterday, im not mad at you today. you are trying to get something established, but caught in the complexity of that system. best bet, move on from the SR-71 for now. look through the Knowledge Base for lessons on how to mod. learn at least GIMP or Photoshop (skins and decals), if not Blender 2.79 last tip on the culture here; make an effort, try to do it yourself and we'll be happy to help. simply ask for stuff (or just look like it) and we get pretty pissy quick. i dont think youre in the second group, so good luck on getting to your Blackbird. meanwhile look around, see what else there is to offer, and give a part a try you think you can do.
yakarov79 Posted Saturday at 03:24 PM Posted Saturday at 03:24 PM (edited) 2 hours ago, ghanad said: I’m looking for the SR-71 Blackbird spy plane add-on for SF2 That blackbird you are thinking about. Leave it. Enjoy other mods for now. Enjoy what you have. It is not like you can not play without it. And if you are new to SF2 ...there is plenty of good stuff here to play with - but remember, if you are not modding, then you are not really playing. 2 hours ago, ghanad said: Honestly, if this is how I’m supposed to be welcomed Some guys here might be rough around the edges...but dickin around is not their forte. Unless you require some fireworks on welcome... (that was dickin around) Check YAP...There is SR-71 me think. It is even the same lod. If not, just rename it. In YAP is actually an updated model with normal maps. 2 hours ago, ghanad said: After all this, I’m starting to think I should just make the mod myself! And that is the spirit! 14-15 years ago I wanted AH-1 and some other helos. Some were unreachable; some were not good enough for my expectations. So I did it for myself. And I still have my first mod - in file, it was some add-ons for the UH-1. 15 years ago, I didn't even know how 3d file is created. So, research - mostly on CA...I was shy to ask questions and some 3d forums (so I was doing a trial-and-error path). But I did it. Then I figured that it would be much easier to make a model from scratch... AND I am not 3d artist, not a programmer, or anything related to games, 3d, etc. Carpenter. I build houses. Nails. Wood. Dust and sweat. Edited Saturday at 03:33 PM by yakarov79 3
daddyairplanes Posted Saturday at 04:11 PM Posted Saturday at 04:11 PM 45 minutes ago, yakarov79 said: Check YAP...There is SR-71 me think. It is even the same lod. If not, just rename it. In YAP is actually an updated model with normal maps. good call, i honestly forgot they had one (even though i scrubbed through its skins heavily when the RW team was spinning up) for ghanad, go here https://www.yap-revamp-works.com/
Wrench Posted Saturday at 05:34 PM Posted Saturday at 05:34 PM DA: Might want to let him (the OP) know WHICH YAP mod has the Blackbird, that way he won't be stumbling around looking in the dark As to anything from the DAT, you're better off simply ignoring that they even exist. I mean, even if you do get access to the files, you fart in the wrong direction, and you're banned. Not worth the fucking bullshit Also, a clever enough person could take our existing YF-12, and make it (ie: call it) an SR-71 1
daddyairplanes Posted Saturday at 06:33 PM Posted Saturday at 06:33 PM 55 minutes ago, Wrench said: DA: Might want to let him (the OP) know WHICH YAP mod has the Blackbird, that way he won't be stumbling around looking in the dark the original YAP having to do with Vietnam sorry, if they flounder looking for a Blackbird in Rising Sun, then they deserve the difficulty they brought on themselves 2
Wrench Posted Saturday at 08:59 PM Posted Saturday at 08:59 PM I don't normally post this kind of statement, as it might cause the YAP RW guys some issues "them". That IS the DAT Blackbird. One can tell by how it's mapped. Also, that is one shitty cockpit for it. Yeah, I know it's for the Fiddler (Tu-128), but fuck me -- they left the gauge lettering in Cyrillic? None of the readouts have been convert back to US standard. I don't even want to talk about the hit/collision boxes ... Also, lets all think this through -- the SR71 and U2 are the most abso-fucking-lutely useless aircraft that could possibly be added to this game. I will bet Real Money (tm), that the OP has NEVER flown a Recon mission in SF. Because they would have (hopefully) have noticed the Recon Runs (tm) are always run in the weeds. Neither of those birds live down there. I wish I could find the readme from the U2 remod, I gave instructions on HOW to fly a recon mission. By Hand (tm). No autopilot. Back on track, the Blackbird has a mystique around it; i can understand that. But this game is designed for TACTICAL air -- so, whatever. Most just want to say "I fly a blackbird in my game'. So fucking what. Take a Phantom, you'll have more fun. waste of time .... 1
snowburn Posted Saturday at 09:18 PM Posted Saturday at 09:18 PM I wonder if a camera pod could be modded into the game. I remember those photo reconnaissance missions in F-19 Stealth Fighter. The recon mission would be completed as soon as you reach the waypoint, but having a camera pod (and maybe a TV display) could add some extra flavor to it.
yakarov79 Posted Sunday at 08:19 AM Posted Sunday at 08:19 AM ...more like Gojira roar....coughing is to mask farts.. But I might be sorry if we are talking about different games. 2
Goob113870 Posted Sunday at 12:15 PM Posted Sunday at 12:15 PM 23 hours ago, ghanad said: Hi everyone, I’m looking for the SR-71 Blackbird spy plane add-on for SF2. I actually found one, and you probably know who made it. (I don’t want to mention the creator’s name! If you look around the forum for this mod, you’ll probably figure it out.) But I ran into a big problem: the add-on requires a file called SR71-R1c.lod, and the creator said that I had to download it from another website. Unfortunately, that website has a login requirement to prevent “unauthorized access.” It says that you need to register, but, to make things even worse, there was a short notice saying: The funny thing is, it didn’t even say where the forum was! At this point, I have no idea where I’m supposed to get the SR-71 add-on, and I’m completely confused! Does anyone know exactly what I’m supposed to do? I’d really appreciate any help. Thanks! LOL that message about all the files being purged or destroyed has been up for YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't waste your time on that website its pretty much abandoned, all you'll do is give yourself a headache. I think the website stay up just to gloat at everyone for the things you cant have from them 1
jeanba Posted Monday at 11:44 AM Posted Monday at 11:44 AM (edited) On 9/26/2026 at 2:47 PM, ghanad said: Hi everyone, I’m looking for the SR-71 Blackbird spy plane add-on for SF2. I actually found one, and you probably know who made it. (I don’t want to mention the creator’s name! If you look around the forum for this mod, you’ll probably figure it out.) But I ran into a big problem: the add-on requires a file called SR71-R1c.lod, and the creator said that I had to download it from another website. Unfortunately, that website has a login requirement to prevent “unauthorized access.” It says that you need to register, but, to make things even worse, there was a short notice saying: The funny thing is, it didn’t even say where the forum was! At this point, I have no idea where I’m supposed to get the SR-71 add-on, and I’m completely confused! Does anyone know exactly what I’m supposed to do? I’d really appreciate any help. Thanks! The model was so accurate that the CIA requested combatace to delete it to prévent terrorist eels from building one and attack Washington Edited Monday at 05:44 PM by jeanba 4
daddyairplanes Posted 14 hours ago Posted 14 hours ago (edited) On 9/26/2026 at 5:18 PM, snowburn said: I wonder if a camera pod could be modded into the game. I remember those photo reconnaissance missions in F-19 Stealth Fighter. The recon mission would be completed as soon as you reach the waypoint, but having a camera pod (and maybe a TV display) could add some extra flavor to it. yes, but probably not the way you want. it would need to be a totally "new" aircraft, say F-104G(recon) rather than F-104G . (yakarov, i know you've probably got Zipper models with different camera versions. this is just a hypothetical example) you'd then have to set a camera up in the data.ini, hard set the pylon so it only and always carries that pod, and play in teh cockpit ini as well for display if you mean "swap pods on regular aircraft so sometimes it carries a recce pod" then nope. Edited 14 hours ago by daddyairplanes
daddyairplanes Posted 14 hours ago Posted 14 hours ago On 9/26/2026 at 7:44 PM, Wrench said: <cough> U-2 <cough> a million profuse apologies to angelP, if they would just bring back what we were working on a few years back i think i might have QA'd/nitpicked the model abit much at the time. both angelP disappeared for a couple years, and they havent talked to me since. despite your rant about it being useless, you know you'd jump all over a U-2R if we got one in house
jeanba Posted 5 hours ago Posted 5 hours ago On 9/28/2026 at 1:44 PM, jeanba said: The model was so accurate that the CIA requested combatace to delete it to prévent terrorist eels from building one and attack Washington Too late: https://www.twz.com/air/a-sr-71-blackbird-has-vanished 1
Wrench Posted 4 hours ago Posted 4 hours ago 10 hours ago, daddyairplanes said: despite your rant about it being useless, you know you'd jump all over a U-2R if we got one in house Nope. Sorry, Kev. The Blackbird just doesn't do it for me. Nor a U-2. Unless they finally found what they were looking for (which, actually FITS into this discussion!!!!)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now