Sign in to follow this  
StormKnight

USSR and Russia weapons and planes

I thought it was you because I saw you were on and I figured "Would Fubar mess with Dave YES". LOL.

Mark

Well, there is an Su-27 in the works by someone (sorry, I can't remember whom :dntknw: )...which I can't wait to take on with my 'Cat :spiteful: . Give it time, and more Eastern planes will be on the scene, though I have to agree that there's already a good chunk out there. MiG's -15, -17, -19, various -21's and -23's, a -25, at least 2 -29's, and then Sukohi's, Tupolev bombers, and that's not all...it's not like there's only a few Eastern/Russian planes to fly. More modern Russian planes wouldn't be bad, but getting the maneuverability data on a plane like the Su-37 or -47 or MiG-1.44 has gotta be a pain-and-a-half, so I'm not holding high hopes for anything any time soon...

There's an Su-27 in the works?!

... :swoon:

Is there? That's news to me.... :rofl:

img000099to.jpg

Hah, I know what I want for Christmas now. :p

Edit: We need a good tongue smiley...

Edited by Sky Captain

I thought it was you because I saw you were on and I figured "Would Fubar mess with Dave YES". LOL.

Mark

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

..........but of course

Well, all most done with the T-90 to go up with the M1A1.... :wacko:

and i'am making a BMP-3...but no pic's yet. :no:

I saw BLT's answer this morning before I left for work.

I come home and read this hilarious translation and think, WTF? :rofl:

we are so excited caesar!!! :cool:

Edited by R.Regoso

we are so excited caesar!!! :cool:

Uh, if you're talking about the Su-27, I dont' have a thing to do with that project, just brought it up to explain that there are more Russian planes in the works. I too am excited about its (hopefully near future) arrival, though.

Between the new MiG-29, the Su-27, and the Foxbat that Wpnssgt's supposedly working on, I might die of joy. iiiiik.gif

Between the new MiG-29, the Su-27, and the Foxbat that Wpnssgt's supposedly working on, I might die of joy. iiiiik.gif

The Foxbat (MiG-25PD) model by Tomcat74 and Wpnssgt has been out since the Summer of 2004.

More modern Russian planes wouldn't be bad, but getting the maneuverability data on a plane like the Su-37 or -47 or MiG-1.44 has gotta be a pain-and-a-half, so I'm not holding high hopes for anything any time soon...

The biggest issue with that is the information about Su-37s/47s Mig 1.44s etc varies (wildly depending on where you garner the info) so making an accurate model, even a relatively accurate one would be a bitch on a good day. The volumes of Jane's material we have at work has differing stats on the Su-30MKI alone from the 2001-2004 volumes so it's hard to differentiate what is legit, what is a guess and what is in all likelyhood marketing from Sukhoi...

Well I hate Lawn Darts (Migs), and Sidewinder-bait (Sues), and can never bring myself to fly them. All they are is potential smoking holes in the ground as far as I'm concerned. But that is my 2 cents worth.

You wouldn't be saying that with a 37 on yo' ass :)

But you're right in a way... only the cheap knock off, JC penny quality Russian types have really been represented thus far, I'm suggesting the more advanced Tiffany's quality fighters that are under represented...

Dave,

It would appear as if someone substituted the fonts on your MiG "Lawn Darts" post, with pink-colored ones. The rest of this post I forgot becasue it got changed.

Mark

Edit: Fixed what someone did to my post.

Edited by Mark5388196

Dave old man,

It would appear as if someone substituted the fonts on your MiG "Lawn Darts" post, with pink-coloured ones. To be quite honest, I find that to be appropriate, given the stories that I've heard about you and your escapades. By the way, is there any substance to the rumor being bandied about, regarding your leaving us and taking up goat-herding?

Cheers,

El Marko

I heard it was alpacas, but whatever.

:shok:

Okay who is messing with my stuff now. I think its time for me and Dave to break out the nukes.

Mark

Is there another Foxbat on the way? I thought the Foxbat already available was also done by Wpnssgt (among others)?

You wouldn't be saying that with a 37 on yo' ass :)

As far as I'm concerned, there's two types of aircraft: Tomcats and targets (okay, that's a bit unfair, I just like the quote :biggrin: .) If someone does model a -37, you'd better believe I'm gonna try to smack it in the teeth 120 miles out with a Buffalo rather than get in a dogfight, but as you say, if there isn't definitive data on a Su-30MKI, modeling a -37 is probably out of the question for a while. For now, I'm waitin' on the -27, which will offer a fair bit more of a challange than the MiG-21's/23's I usually encounter...and I'd like to hop in the seat and see how she handles as well.

On another note (still pertaining to the subject,) has there been any progress on the Su-47 that anyone's aware of?

Sidewinder said that Wpnssgt was working on either another MiG-25 last he knew, and I'm hoping that he's right (but taking about a ton of salt with it :P). And Mirage Factory is working on a new MiG last I knew, so I'm pretty excited.

The current Foxbat doesn't seem to work the the newer versions of the game(s), so I hope he is working on a new/updated one.

Edit: Far as I know, the Berkut model isn't being worked on. Which makes the baby hesus cry.

Edited by Sky Captain

Sky captain the Mig-25's are out...

The volumes of Jane's material we have at work has differing stats on the Su-30MKI alone from the 2001-2004 volumes so it's hard to differentiate what is legit, what is a guess and what is in all likelyhood marketing from Sukhoi...

The Su-30MKI was custom made for the IAF and it ha components from India, France and Israel. As the Indian President said after his sortie on the Su-30MKI, that the Flanker has Russian heart(Engines) but Indian brain(mission computers).

As for the varying stats, that's because the Su-30MKI in service with the Indian AF have been constantly upgraded. The Block I machines had full A2A and limited ground attack capability, The Block II and Block III upgraded gave the Su-30MKI the ability to fire Precision guided bombs and missiles(Kh-31 & Kh-35).

The Malaysians have Su-30MKMs on order, which are similar to Su-30MKI

Sky captain the Mig-25's are out...

The only Foxbat I see is the old one from 2004. If there's another one, I'd greatly appreciate a link to it, since I can't find one anywhere else.

Ok its from 2004, whats the big deal?

First of all the SU-37 will never see production. There are no buyers. And even in a 1v1 against the F-22, it wouldnt stand a chance, whether it be long range or a knife fight. The F-22 is a much better fighter than anything in the air right now.....period.

First of all the SU-37 will never see production. There are no buyers. And even in a 1v1 against the F-22, it wouldnt stand a chance, whether it be long range or a knife fight. The F-22 is a much better fighter than anything in the air right now.....period.

The Su-37 may not be bought by countries in the future, but its systems, engines, radar and avionics are being used on export Su-30s and it is proving to be an export success. However that being said, the Flanker will not stand a chance against the F-22.

Edited by ghostrider883