I tried every thing to get this thing flyable. And when I go to single missions the aircraft does not show up as a flyable. So is this plane flyable? I put it in my Objects folder and also put a F-89C directory in my aircraft with all the files just like all the other add-ons and it still does not work.

Thanks,

Lex

Well, I was able to load the new aircraft into its own directory. All looked ok, until I added power on the runway to take off.

Immediately, the aircraft takes a right turn, and goes out of control, before even going down the runway.

I tried other aircraft, thinking the problem was my machine, but it isn't.

Let me know if anyone else is having this problem.

Chief W.

Navy chief,

I am having the same problem now that I got it working. The flight model is not correct. Also there is a problem with the model itself.

Chief, I took this bird for a flight test and I always start in the air..huge drop in my frame rate (I never had this prob before). I took out the F-89C.shd file and things went back to normal. as far as problems during take-off...I dunno, I can't seem to start my single missions on the runway.

It works fine for me. Taking off on a runway is no problem. However the AI cannot.

Nice plane! Seems to take a framerate hit though somewhat.

as I Said on SimHq.

There are Issues with the INI.

Most of them I Noticed right away and Im Already Working on them to get them fixed ASAP

Already Fixed the Hard Right Turn Issue.. (EASY FM WONT NOTICE IT BUT NORMAL AND HARD NOTICE IT, THE PROBLEM THAT IS)

As for the rest Im Doing a Overall of the DATA INI and so Far every plane that a 3rd Party Made (P-51 and F-89c When the shadows Finnaly Worked it killed my Frame rate by a good 60-80%) Dunno Why.

Been too busy to test the F-86 By DanW

I Havent 100% Fixed it.

But i narrowed it down to the landing Gears

the Right gear seems to be locked. ....

wierd eh?

that or something else is got a Missed point.

I Even Replaced teh Entire Gear Column to try and change it... no luck.

The Plane Flys straight in the AIr but on the ground .. lol... no way.

that or you just have WAY too many systems going..

Im gonn Re Do the Entrire INI to see of its just a Typo that is mis linking something..

Guest Ranger332

rockhpi

Member # 2440

posted 04-15-2003 09:12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was talking to my dad about your F-89 (he was in the airforce a very long time ago) and he said the joke was that if you got the engines up to 40% and they hadn't exploded yet, you knew you'd be able to take off!

RockHPI

from SHQ forum

I dunno, I can't seem to start my single missions on the runway.
Try: Options -> Part I: Game -> Starting Position: "On the runway"

I'm using the german texts, hope you'll find it nevertheless.

I Just downloaded the F-89c and Tried a few things.

1- If you start on the runway and hit autopilot the AC takes off OK, All your wing men go to full thrust and crash.

2- If you land and go to 0% Thrust the AC will start bouncing, Jump to 120knts then start to slow and bounce /120knts /.... /bounce /359knts.

3. If you taxie to the water in this mode the AC will sink in the terrian tile and stop.

Hope this helps with the Fix.

Raven

Raven..

Some PLanes Have "issues" with addon Terrain..

My P-51 Can Fly Thru Mountains on the Euro terrain.