Sign in to follow this  
Fubar512

Russo UK's (fictional) Sukhoi Prototype

The Sukhoi SU-16A will be released eventually...I have 2 a\c to complete before it ventures out...

Russ

Is one of those the Bucc by any chance? ( prays )

The Sukhoi SU-16A will be released eventually...I have 2 a\c to complete before it ventures out...

Russ

Looks like cool !

I would like to Fly this bird too! Waiting for this.

QUOTE(Dreamstar @ Jun 15 2007, 10:30 PM)

Is one of those the Bucc by any chance? ( prays )

Totally Awesome... just simply outstanding... need someone to beta test it?

Edited by Dreamstar

BUMP!!! any news on if either the Platypus or the Bucc is gonna be released??

Russ

Thank's for the aircraft's that you've made so far. Cheers !

Whoa, is that working canards I saw in that video? :swoon: I thought it wasn't possible...

Canards can easily work in the TW engine. The question is if you can make a 'stable' design with them. It all comes down to the ini values.

An example: I can make 'virtual' canards in my fake Su-33 addon that will have the same aerodynamic properties as the real thing, including movement, etc...but you won't see any visual movement.

Similarly, I can take Marcelos Su-33 (if I had it), and make the front canards move in the proper direction, but not have any aerodynamic effect because there are no airfoil values assigned to them in the data.ini.

So what you see in videos and what the aircraft is doing aerodynamically aren't necessarily related.

FastCargo

In the video then it must have been the case of looking right, although, although I'm no authority at all on aerodynamics, the plane's movement looked right according to real aerodynamic effects of canards- and the canards were also in sync with the tailplanes... Damn good effect!

Strange and pity though that you can't make canards look the way they should whilst working the way they should...

I need to be clear here...there is nothing that says you CAN'T have canards and tailplanes in the TW engine...visually AND aerodynamically.

FastCargo

The real Su-30/33's canards aren't in sync with the stabs, they move according to what the computer tells them to do in response to control inputs.

Check LOMAC's Su-33 and you'll see they often seem to move counter to what you'd expect.

Those fakecanards are not movable cause they are add like a pilot, that`s different to a complet 3D modell with canards

Really? Fake canards? That's news to me...

Whoa, is that working canards I saw in that video? :swoon: I thought it wasn't possible...

Movable and aerodynamically viable canards have been possible in this series since the beginning.

The real Su-30/33's canards aren't in sync with the stabs, they move according to what the computer tells them to do in response to control inputs.

Check LOMAC's Su-33 and you'll see they often seem to move counter to what you'd expect.

That's true, JM. However, due to the limitations of the SF engine, sophisticated FBW systems aren't really possible to model. I've sent Marcelo an FM for his Su-33 some time ago that featured canards that opposed the stabs, and found that I had to limit the min and max deflection angles to make them workable. Despite this limitation, the canards impart a level of smoothness and therefore make the the Su-33 model an unalloyed delight to fly during a carrier approach!

Taking a look at either videos (Marcfighter's Su-33 and Russo UK's fighter), I must say I always wonder what's missing - they seem to be good to go... :dntknw:

Taking a look at either videos (Marcfighter's Su-33 and Russo UK's fighter), I must say I always wonder what's missing - they seem to be good to go... :dntknw:

Shadows and other small details on the Su-33.

On my SU-16 the fuselage needs some mapping as its stretching and looks odd...

will try to sort it asap as im back doing some 3d modelling again...

On my SU-16 the fuselage needs some mapping as its stretching and looks odd...

will try to sort it asap as im back doing some 3d modelling again...

Great to hear Russ!

as im back doing some 3d modelling again...

Now that is awesome news!