Sign in to follow this  
Fubar512

Russo UK's (fictional) Sukhoi Prototype

Speaking of "fictional" planes...

That actually isn't a fictional plane - it DOES exist as a prototype...

But, DANG!! Loox ShexxxY!!! :cool: Me wantsit!!! :flyer:

Friend, please note that "fictional" was in quotation marks...sorry if I generated confusion by that choice of punctuation / typing...

http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/s37/

It will not see production any more than the X-29 would ever see it. The Russian AF canned the program in favor of the MiG 1.42 (or whatever). Sure, Sukhoi spent some of their own money in it at first...but their resources are devoted elsewhere.

Dont get me wrong, it is beyond neat...instant alpha of 120 degrees..."cobra"-this...

Eh...by 'Cobra' I am referring to the famous maneuver, not the nemesis of G.I Joe

Thats cool!

Actually Spark, the MiG-1.44 (or 1.42) was "canned" before the S-37 was. Back in the 1990s because Mikoyan was loosing money. I think the Su-47 (okay I'm not very consistent) had ended its career of testing forward sweep, "stealth", and giving Anti-Raptor Fanboys something to cheer over when their pressious Su-37 was ended. I guess the PAK-FA is now on Sukhoi's drawing boards.

Once again very nice.

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

"the MiG-1.44 (or 1.42) was "canned" before the S-37 was."

Oh...would you mind pointing in the direction of your sources since my information is different? Could prove useful.

Oh...would you mind pointing in the direction of your sources since my information is different? Could prove useful.

Are you saying that meaning, that it would help you? Or you want proof?

Soviet X-Planes by Yefin Gordon and Bill Gunston. Midland Publishing. Copyright 2000.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/row/mfi.htm

Also remember, the MFI program was cancelled and replaced by the current PAK-FA program.

a.) "that it would help you"

Just because I am shallow and evil doesnt mean that I am always...wait...yes it does...but this time I am interested in it because finding data on projects is very important and all sources are welcome for review. I never claimed to be an expert on any of it.

Also, just so everyone knows...that is the Berkoot that was posted here at combat ace...the original work is that of some one else and not me...yes, it is in the game and now considerably closer to being complete...there is NO ESTIMATED COMPLETION TIME...besides, it would not be my call to release that to the general public anyway since someone else did the initial work, that person would have to approve it for posting (even though he posted it here for others, it would still be his call in my view).

Also, to be clear, I downloaded it from here in order to learn how to get a model into the game and A LOT of people have been extremely patient and more than generous with their time in teaching me. It should therefore be considered a learning project and I do not want anyone to be like "oh, well someone else is working on that so I will do something else"...nope, not at all...if we had 14 dudes (and one dude-ette) working on 15 different Berkoots, then that would be jam on toast to me. So, again, if you want to work on it (or collaborate on this one here) or do your own thing, then please do not let the above screen shot dissuade you in any way.

Furthermore, for those that do not know, getting a plane into 3wire games is freakin work...seriously it becomes a part-time job...building the model is only a small percentage (though obviously a critical one)...the details are endless and especially for a complete no-talent like me, none of the programs required are intuitive. And there are so many stages and testing and things that were fine suddenly go wrong because some seemingly unrelated thing that was changed affected something you didnt notice until it gets into the game and after testing 33 sorties it finally rears its poop and sets it on your plate. A fellow that I respect told me "the model is less than 10% of the process". Not knocking the model builders, because that is like the foundation, but getting the animation and the decals and the textures and the FM and the folder and even silly things like which picture to use for the loading screen = time, time, and time.

There are so many things involved you WILL NOT understand until you try to do it yourself, period.

If someone feels that I hijacked this thread, then delete away...

I know what you mean, Sparkomatic - I'm already amazed at how much time I'm spending just retexturing the AMX with a texture which I also hope to release, if allowed to do so - and that hasn't even gotten layers...

Well, I will DEFINITELY wait for both the Su-47 and Russouk's plane simply because they're more than definitely and absolutely worth the wait!!! :clapping::good:

(The last time I flew a Su-47 was in Operation Flashpoint...)

Edited by TX3RN0BILL

Cool whats the name of this song?

Shakin' the Blues Away, by the Screamin' Cheetah Wheelies

Shakin' the Blues Away, by the Screamin' Cheetah Wheelies

a.) "that it would help you"

Just because I am shallow and evil doesnt mean that I am always...wait...yes it does...but this time I am interested in it because finding data on projects is very important and all sources are welcome for review. I never claimed to be an expert on any of it.

If you want me to give you the section on the Berkut in that book let me know. Be glad to help.

- do you have it electronically / scanned?

No. But I could in the next 96 hours.

Thanks V., but I dont want you to go to any trouble or expense, but I certainly appreciate the very kind gesture.

Thanks V., but I dont want you to go to any trouble or expense, but I certainly appreciate the very kind gesture.

Its no trouble or expense. I just need to find the directions to my scanner :rolleyes:

how is this baby going?! Nice plane! would be interesting to find some pit shots or does it use the standart Su27 pit? maybe a Su-30?

how is this baby going?! Nice plane! would be interesting to find some pit shots or does it use the standart Su27 pit? maybe a Su-30?

the only photo I have found so far is below, but keep in mind that this was the equivalent of an x-plane...it could have used a very different arrangement in production. But you will either have to build it yourself or someone else, no freakin way am I even going to pretend to build a cockpit. (also, the attached photo may look like the cockpit of a different Sukhoi design, they used parts / systems of other programs to reduce costs, like the F-20 program)

post-946-1206754490_thumb.jpg

Damn with the Su-16 (I think thats it's name?) and the Su-47 coming out this could be a very good summer!

Edited by Falcon161

Speaking of "fictional" planes...

post-20260-1207828749_thumb.jpg

Where!!! that mean WHEN !!!! Give it to me!!!! :crazy:

Edited by CIACHO

I hope these two aircraft will be ready before I go to basic training August 25th.

dont know about that...maybe two weeks AFTER Duke Nukem Forever comes out...

post-946-1208049403_thumb.jpg