Sign in to follow this  
FooFighters

F18E or F18 blue angels skin ?

Yeah I saw that too and too bad it's just for looks. Marcfighter, I don't know if you got my PM, but it looks like my original helper fell through, so if you're interested in finishing the model (I know you started yours...) but if you can get it working I would appreciate it (model needs to be tweaked but does work in WOE)

But these might work, they are part of the F-18E/F/G pack mentioned on the previous page. If I can refigure on getting them textured then I can just probably credit the original model maker but will try and contact him anyways:

post-5735-1175190043_thumb.jpg

Just a slight update, Marcfighter will be the primary modeller for the project. He's gotten quite ahead, so it's better for him to do it, and then go from there.

Just a slight update, Marcfighter will be the primary modeller for the project. He's gotten quite ahead, so it's better for him to do it, and then go from there.

So are you guys doing all three models now Eric?

No, since I sent the model to Marcfighter, and he sent me what he was doing. The thing is, his is a lot more "cleaner" as far as modelling goes, so it'd take more time for him to try and fix the other one while his is pretty much "complete" via the pictures he sent. Sure there's the normal issues but overall it looks almost done. But no he did not give any indication of time or whatnot.

Little bit of work on the twin rail adapter:

airw54.jpg

airw55.jpg

airw57.jpg

airw58.jpg

airw59.jpg

Just a little more minor tweak and it should be good to go. Now that I got the "hard" part finished, now I have to get working on the actual pylon. Unfortunately I don't have that many (or any) real good pics of the adapter, so I may just make something up, but we'll see..

No, since I sent the model to Marcfighter, and he sent me what he was doing. The thing is, his is a lot more "cleaner" as far as modelling goes, so it'd take more time for him to try and fix the other one while his is pretty much "complete" via the pictures he sent. Sure there's the normal issues but overall it looks almost done. But no he did not give any indication of time or whatnot.

No, what I meant was are you still going to make the 3 variants, E, F & G?

Sure could, as mostly it's just an ini modification really between the F and G, as well as cosmetic.

More work:

airw60.jpg

airw61.jpg

airw62.jpg

airw63.jpg

Talk about air superiority! Does it really carry that many AMRAAMS?

Edited by serverandenforcer

Talk about air superiority! Does it really carry that many AMRAAMS?

So far I've seen two on the fuselage, and six on the wings, plus two Sidewinders. Whether that's just an operational due to mission or standardized configuration not sure, but this one shows a projected one, while the other one from Airliners.net shows another one.

post-5735-1175344604_thumb.jpg

post-5735-1175344754_thumb.jpg

:good: :fans:

Okay, now I need some basic help. I've started to get around to texturing the launch pylong... but hell if I remember how in Max.... So those MAX people can you help me with a tutorial on basic texturing? I've actually got it started, but I need more than just a basic texture, UVW mapping, adjusting etc, or point me to a tutorial that caters to the ones just learning..

Super Hornets update ! :ph34r:

f18ftest10.jpg

Hey, Marcelo.

I can skin 'em up if you send me templates! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: [real talk]

I've actually got it started, but I need more than just a basic texture, UVW mapping, adjusting etc

Could you elaborate what more you need than that? SF(or any flight sim) doesn't use the wonderous but complex texturing and shader techniques many other games do.

12 AMRAAMS?! Ok, I have newfound respect for the superbug, but the tomkitty will never be topped.

That's true, the rendering could use a big tweak, but I don't want to end up with a messed up model with a jacked up texture. I've got the map done, but for the life of me, my mind is rusted out my knowledge of UVW mapping. It could be because it's MAX9 but I'm sure some of the basics still apply, and finding a decent tut is next to useless.

As for the tomkitty, damn straight, the superbug just doesn't have the legs, and watching nasagekei's video, nor the speed. But hey, it can carry alot of ordnance :smile:

A little too hard to not post :smile:, but then again will look waaay better when marcfighter is done :smile:

post-5735-1175394722_thumb.jpg

So I misread that, you need UVW mapping and adjusting tuts? Lemme rummage around my model links and see if I can find a good tutorial.

Not to hijack the thread, but the F-14D could carry a heavier load of ordinance, not as many pylons but certainly heavier. But bombs are best left off tomcats unless you like being called francis :P Now the blue angels, did they jump straight from phantoms to hornets, or was there ever a blue kitty?

They went from Phantoms to Hornets. Reason being while the Tomcat is maneuverable, I'd highly doubt it could do more than the Phantom, but that's my speculation.

Yeah I just need to get back into the system of 3D modelling. I figure I can do bits and pieces to help with the other stuff.

I belive the Angels went from F-4's to the A-4 then to the F/A-18...but i'll double check that

this strait from the BA web site "The ensuing 20 years saw the Blue Angels transition to two more aircraft, the Grumman F11F-1 Tiger (1957) and the McDonnell Douglas F-4J Phantom II (1969).

In December 1974, the Navy Flight Demonstration Team began flying the McDonnell Douglas A-4F Skyhawk II"

Ahh okay, well that solves that issue :smile:

The tomcat had to have a lot of maintance after each flight, probably more than the Blue Angels team could handle. After all, that was one of the reasons the Navy retired the tomcat.

Aaand... the guzzling of fuel (maybe too OT), the reason the Thunderbirds switched to the T-37 after the F-4.

Nice SH, Marcfighter!

Edited by jtin