Sign in to follow this  
WOLF257

WOLF's WWII aircraft pack

WOLF's WWII aircraft pack

View File

READ-ME!

This is an inclusive read-me file for the WWII Aircraft pack.

Unzip the pack to your Objects folder.

Make sure you have a Nations.ini file that has the entries for Nazi Germany and Japanese Empire or these planes will make your game crash.

These planes run fine on my system and several dissimilar test systems so if you have problems with them, you're on your own.

They are provided as-is with no support what-so-ever.

If you find you don't like them, that's what the Delete button is for.

There will be no changes, improvements, or upgrades to them EVER so don't even bother asking.

The skin templates will be uploaded as a pack just like the planes.

You are free to repaint the planes and do with the skins you create as you please.

YOU ARE NOT FREE TO REDISTRIBUTE THESE PLANES IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, FORM, OR FASHION.

YOU ARE DAMN WELL NOT FREE TO CHARGE FOR THEM OR TRY TO MAKE MONEY WITH THEM IN ANY MANNER.

WOLF

CREDITS:THANKS

ArmourDave for allowing me to use his Zero cockpit.

Major Lee for several excellent P-47D-20 skins, loading and hanger screens.

Wrench for several really really nice hanger screens.

Thank you, Wolf! Your work has been missed. Thank you for offering it again. :biggrin:

Thank you for the incredible contribution.

Cheers~

Fates

Thank you Jim!

wolf,

Your contribution is outstanding, and you have my heartfelt thanks for offering your work to the community once again :biggrin::good:

S!

baltika

Perhaps your connection timed out??? It IS 300 odd megs...

or you may have reached you daily download limt???? :dntknw:

wrench

kevin stein

I can't download it. :dntknw:

But I have no problems with other aircraft.

I have de same problem.

The message says:

ERROR:(DOWNLOAD-PERMCA01A)

REASON CODE: User type is not permitted to download files. Guests please register an account to use this feature.

But I´m registered and logged in

No. The first download in almost one week.

Server Timeout? I had no problem with other aircraft, skins, mods, etc.

ERROR:(DOWNLOAD-PERMCA01A)

REASON CODE: User type is not permitted to download files. Guests please register an account to use this feature.

I lost the file during a HD failure, so I just tried to D/L it also.

Same result as above.

Ok, that's odd ...

I just got the same message too. As a Moderator, I've pretty much got access to nearly everydamnthing.

Well, looks like a PM to the Admins be in order.

At worst, maybe re-upload the pak (with Wolf's permission, of course!)

wrench

kevin stein

Works great now! I was having the same problem as others, and it works now. Whatever you did Wrench, kudos!

I have WOI with latest patch. I would like to install these WW2 planes. I downloaded the file but I notice that the weapons used are not in my gundata.ini (obvoiusly, since they are from WW2). So, my question: Is there a weapons pack I can download that will let me play these planes and also is compatable with WOI so I can continue to fly the regular planes? Basicially I would like a weapon pack that includes everything. Does it exist?

WoI is NOT reccomended; WoE at the 06 patch level IS, due to "issues" with 08, and SF2 in how they read these old FM.

All the WW2 aircraft are far too old, dataini wise, for 'perfect use". Meaning: 300-odd aircraft (originals and varitant mods released thereof,) need complete rebuilds of their data ini.

However, TK has promised us the Expansion Pak for Suez for WoI for 2 years; now that's its out for SF2:I, we can expect it's arrival for 1st Gen WoI "at any time".

With the release of the SF2 Expansion, it's new prop birds, there has been renewed interest (albeit small) in WW2 mods.

There is a WW2 Weapons Pak, in the downloads section, under "SF/Wo* Weapons Paks", WW2 Weapons Pak by me. Be advised: it's ALSO built at the 06 level, and will need to be run through the 08 weapons editor to 'refresh/renew/rebuild" the weaponsdata.ini and weaponsdata.dat files. A 2 minuite operation.

http://forum.combatace.com/files/file/8495-weapons-pak-for-ww2-installs/

For SF2 .. MUCH more work is required.

Lot's of Info in the "PropHeads" Forum below.

wrench

kevin stein