Sign in to follow this  

I am currently working on a way to have the most chaotic and challenging environment in SFP. For example I normally get 1 flak round every 3 seconds. Instead I will have 4 or 5...and thats just flak. I am doingt things like that to SAMs ,AA guns ,and other AA stuff. Also I am working on a Laser weapon system that has a range of 20nm which will take place of a missile, AND a ICBM setup for Intercept missions (the reason for the laser). Basically, I am bringing SFP too the future. :biggrin:

What do you think?

I am currently working on a way to have the most chaotic and challenging environment in SFP. For example I normally get 1 flak round every 3 seconds. Instead I will have 4 or 5...and thats just flak. I am doingt things like that to SAMs ,AA guns ,and other AA stuff. Also I am working on a Laser weapon system that has a range of 20nm which will take place of a missile, AND a ICBM setup for Intercept missions (the reason for the laser). Basically, I am bringing SFP too the future. :biggrin:

What do you think?

I try not to think, it hurts my head. :blink:

What do you think?

Come on; tell us what yer *really* gonna do. :wink:

Oh ok.BTW I love flankers. So far I have gotten the FLAK's to be 2 times their normal size with faster reload and fire rate. Also the guns can kill you from 2 miles away. :biggrin:

Oh ok.BTW I love flankers. So far I have gotten the FLAK's to be 2 times their normal size with faster reload and fire rate. Also the guns can kill you from 2 miles away. :biggrin:

This is going to sound stupid, but there is a reason why I'm asking this question. Does the discharge from the flak happen to shake the aircraft around a bit?

Accurate placement of AAA assets, with the benefit of networked radar fire control, is a far more effective method than setting unrealistic rates of fire (or equally ridiculous warhead loads), as evidenced by this WoV video of an A-4 on a SEAD mission over Haiphong, circa 1967:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...si&img=2933

The smaller flak bursts are from 37 & 57 mm weapons, the larger from 88, 100, and 130 mm guns.

As you can see, it does not take a direct hit to knock an aircraft down.

That's exactly what I need right now...a Soviet-style FC radar for use with their bigger AAA guns (KS12,19,30, etc). It'd really help with this project I'm working on.....

Hmm....wonder if I can mod one of the existing units, like the Barlock or Flatface, something mounted on a truck, maybe??

Shilka's (should!) already have the Gun Dish installed...

Well, looks like I got some more research to do!!

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Yes, the ZSU-23-4 has the Gun Dish radar mounted in the rear of the turret.

This is going to sound stupid, but there is a reason why I'm asking this question. Does the discharge from the flak happen to shake the aircraft around a bit?

To me this seems like a good question and, as far as I have worked on it, they do not shake the a/c around. If I figure it out then i'll post it with the updates. :biggrin:

Accurate placement of AAA assets, with the benefit of networked radar fire control, is a far more effective method than setting unrealistic rates of fire (or equally ridiculous warhead loads), as evidenced by this WoV video of an A-4 on a SEAD mission over Haiphong, circa 1967:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...si&img=2933

The smaller flak bursts are from 37 & 57 mm weapons, the larger from 88, 100, and 130 mm guns.

As you can see, it does not take a direct hit to knock an aircraft down.

Sorry I did not answer this post with the last one. I can see your point. I'll figure that out and rework it a bit. Thx :biggrin:

Ahh,.. well...um. So ya'll are asking me for a way to shred our beloved 1960s AC with ground threats. Although I admire treachery and diabolicol stuff. this hurts. I thought this was a flight sim not a FLAK or SAM sim. I think its fair to snivel for a C-130 with extra armour to go feet dry and LAPES some armour to play your game. So sorry but this as polite as my response can be. :ph34r: CL

Edited by charlielima