Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Who is Looking Forward to Transformers?

You betcha, Revvin! Good old Orion Pax... err... Optimus Prime is there! :yes:

Watched Harry Potter tonight, decent film but there was a good trailer for Transformers, an extended version of one I'd seen before which included Optimus Prime in it :)

Saw the film tonight WOW!

Best film this year IMO, amazing special effects and good to see they didn't just blow the budget on 15 minutes of special effect laden action it was great all the way through, great film well worth watching!

Yeah, it was definitely my biggest "pleasant surprise" this summer, followed by Die Hard 4. Both of those I expected to think weren't that good, but they were.

On the flip side, I was disappointed by what I thought were the "sure" things: Spidey 3, Shrek 3, Pirates 3. Not that I hated them, I was just expecting more.

Except for that secret government guy. They should have cut him from the script entirely. Then my only real complaint would be Primes lame intro speach and long nosed cab (and Jazz :mellow: ).

Edited by eraser_tr

Yeah, it was definitely my biggest "pleasant surprise" this summer, followed by Die Hard 4. Both of those I expected to think weren't that good, but they were.

On the flip side, I was disappointed by what I thought were the "sure" things: Spidey 3, Shrek 3, Pirates 3. Not that I hated them, I was just expecting more.

I was looking forward to it but had a feeling it might be a little bit of a letdown as you tend to build films before watching them but this was just a great action flick from start to finish. Spidey 3 was ok, Shrek 3 was funny but maybe not as good as the original and Pirates 3 was a big dissapointment to me. Megan Fox....hubba hubba!!! :blush:

Except for that secret government guy. They should have cut him from the script entirely. Then my only real complaint would be Primes lame intro speach and long nosed cab (and Jazz :mellow: ).

Yeah he was a bit silly, perhaps more light entertainment because up until the appearance of Optimus Prime the film had an adult feel to it (no not that kind of adult! get you're minds out of the gutter! :biggrin: ) The bit where they are outside the boys home was a little camp, hiding from the parents but it was a really enjoyable film with gasps and laughs drawn from the audience I was part of.

Then my only real complaint would be Primes lame intro speach and long nosed cab (and Jazz :mellow: ).

I think they had to use a long-nosed cab out of necessity - a cab without a nose like G1 Optimus Prime would supposedly not have enough mass to hide all that Optimus Prime was supposed to be in his glorious robot mode...

As for Jazz, I don't know, but I never liked him, not in G1, and never later even, so I can perfectly live with his short-lived goofing around in this movie... There had to be one Autobot which wouldn't survive, and Jazz fit that role perfectly I think...

But of all the G1 autobots who were slaughtered in the animated movie, jazz was pretty much the only survivor besides bumblebee.

But of all the G1 autobots who were slaughtered in the animated movie, jazz was pretty much the only survivor besides bumblebee.

I know... I would have preferred Wheeljack to have survived instead of Jazz, a zillion times over...

They only killed the G1 characters to market their crap follow up characters for Hasbro. We were scammed as kids. That movie marked the end of transformers as far as I was concerned.

I know... I would have preferred Wheeljack to have survived instead of Jazz, a zillion times over...

Or Ironhide, or Brawn, or......Optimus Prime :sad: Especially when we don't have the slightest explanation for Wheeljack, just a half desaturated body in all of 3 frames in autobot city.

The least they could have done was sign on the movie voice actors for the next season of the series...but then again, who really likes Leonard Nemoy or Robert Stack( cue the start of airplane jokes!)

With re: to the unknown trailer with the explosion and statue of liberty getting her head ripped off...

CHECK THIS OUT...

Abrams_1-18-08.jpg

referred to as Cloverfield...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloverfield

I have heard Godzilla and Voltron thrown around as possibilities

Voltron is definitely out. That rumor was dispelled on IMDB a while ago....too bad....it could have been pretty cool

Here is the official site for "Cloverfield"....http://www.1-18-08.com/

Voltron is definitely out. That rumor was dispelled on IMDB a while ago....too bad....it could have been pretty cool

Here is the official site for "Cloverfield"....http://www.1-18-08.com/

WEEEE.... That was fun :no:

Hmm. This new Abrams production might be interesting.

You know what that Cloverfield thing should be...?

Kingu Kongu tai Gojira!!

(King Kong vs. Godzilla)

Godzilla isn't it neither. TOHO Co. will make Godzilla movies again in 2013. Recent film by TOHO Co was Godzilla: Final Wars in which the original Godzilla fried the Tristar's 'zilla :biggrin:

Falcon

Godzilla isn't it neither. TOHO Co. will make Godzilla movies again in 2013. Recent film by TOHO Co was Godzilla: Final Wars in which the original Godzilla fried the Tristar's 'zilla :biggrin:

Falcon

Even so, you cannot escape the (off-topic) fact the King Kong vs. Godzilla is the greatest film ever made by anyone ever.

Even so, you cannot escape the (off-topic) fact the King Kong vs. Godzilla is the greatest film ever made by anyone ever.

Oh I agree. The best of newest G movies is Godzilla vs. Megaguirus IMHO. Second is the newest Godzilla against MechaGodzilla.

Falcon

I'm off to watch it Thursday with some friends who all remember the cartoons :) I've purposely not read the entire thread in case of spoilers but can you tell me if Optimus Prime is in it? :D

Transformers without Optimus Prime - dont think so!

Finally saw it yesterday - although I could see all the car and Military marketing the film is right up there in the Independence Day/JurrassicPark/Star Wars type family blockbuster. The action and effects had me on the edge of my seat - some feat these days - can see why the kids must love it - I certainly did.

Also who would have thought - an AC130 Spectre Gunship - great stuff!