I can´t use LGB when flying the A10, because there is no laser designator in the weapons menu .

I already have weapons pack.If the target is previously designated,(for ground troops , I suppose) everything works well.

But I can´t do my own laser designation.

Am I missing something?

I can´t use LGB when flying the A10, because there is no laser designator in the weapons menu .

I already have weapons pack.If the target is previously designated,(for ground troops , I suppose) everything works well.

But I can´t do my own laser designation.

Am I missing something?

That is because you need to have a LP loaded up. One of your pylons need to be loaded with a laser pod. If you do not have one available then the pylon is not set to carry one. Make sense?

Yeah, you need to hook up a laser/targeting pod in order to use LGBs or they'll just stay up there unless you jetison the ordinance. If you need help in doing that, look me up on MSN or ICQ.

Yeah, you need to hook up a laser/targeting pod in order to use LGBs or they'll just stay up there unless you jetison the ordinance. If you need help in doing that, look me up on MSN or ICQ.

I seem to remember there being an issue with LGBs being able to be launched against static targets without a pod, but not mobile ones (This had something to do with the bug that allows you to target aircraft with LGBs too). Even though you'd need a pod or internal designator for any LGB/PGM use.

Luiz, just check the A-10_date.ini to make sure that at least one of the hardpoints has the entry "LP" under weapon types (you know where it says "BOMB,LGB,RP,EGOR" etc. One of the inner pylons should have it. That way, it should definitely show up ingame next time you load it up.

I seem to remember there being an issue with LGBs being able to be launched against static targets without a pod, but not mobile ones (This had something to do with the bug that allows you to target aircraft with LGBs too). Even though you'd need a pod or internal designator for any LGB/PGM use.

Luiz, just check the A-10_date.ini to make sure that at least one of the hardpoints has the entry "LP" under weapon types (you know where it says "BOMB,LGB,RP,EGOR" etc. One of the inner pylons should have it. That way, it should definitely show up ingame next time you load it up.

I´ll check the INI files, because the problem is that laser pod designator don´t show up in the weapons loadout menu.

Guest Saganuay82

Doesn't the A10 have it built in?

Doesn't the A10 have it built in?

No. But I think the new C-model will have this capability.

The A-10A had the Pave Penny laser tracker attached most of the time, but it wasn't a designator...it could only attack targets designated by someone else.

That said, I find the A-10 impossible to use in MP because you get a fixed setup with LGBs and no way to designate for it.

The A-10A had the Pave Penny laser tracker attached most of the time, but it wasn't a designator...it could only attack targets designated by someone else.

That said, I find the A-10 impossible to use in MP because you get a fixed setup with LGBs and no way to designate for it.

What kind of aircrafts can carry laser pod designators ? F16?F18?

What kind of aircrafts can carry laser pod designators ? F16?F18?

Anything from F-4s, F-16s, F-18s (Sniper, LANTIRN, the other one... It's late, I can't remember :tongue: ), MIG-21 LanceRs, Jaguars, Tornado GR1s in theory new model and modernised OA-4s and F-5EMs, basically anything capable of strapping a laser designator to a hardpoint. I've done it with an A-1 Skyraider. But as for designating for other aircraft in-game, I'm pretty sure it's not possible. Would be great if I'm wrong though.

How about LGBs and laser designators for russian airplanes?....

I wouldn't know, I usually spend time shooting those down. :rofl::biggrin:

I wouldn't know, I usually spend time shooting those down. :rofl::biggrin:

Very funny you. :rofl: Not! :biggrin:

Very funny you. :rofl: Not! :biggrin:

Well, I have edited the A10 INI , adding LP to the outer weapons stations.

Iniciate a campaign, fly 01 mission and in the second mission Pave Penny and Pave Tack are enabled, alowing laser designation to any ground target.

Thanks to everybody.

So, where can I find a list of the terms used in the INI para weapons (BOMB, LGB, LP,IR , etc...) and their meanings?

Google is your friend. Only on some MiG-27s, latter model Su-24s, the Su-25, Su-34 and the Su-39.

this got fixed read my thread Buffy goes to school