Some performance data, translated from airwar.ru by PROMT and fixed a little by me;

>quote<

On May, 7th, 1947 the modernized machine has arrived in ГК scientific research institute of the Air Forces. Leading engineer Rabkin and pilot-verifier L.M.Kuvshinov have been appointed responsible for carrying out of tests according to constructive changes. Quality standard of stability and controllability was spent at height 3000-8000 with finishing speed up to M=0.77. Heavy control of ailerons for the speed above than 600 km/h has been noted. As a result of the lead alterations the general capacity of tanks has decreased with 1,679 l up to 1,627 l.

By results of tests it was recommended to establish by other planes MiG-9 the changed plug nose wheels with a greater shoulder of self-orientation equal 110 mm (with the axis of a wheel carried back). The increase in the area of keel, and also replacement of system of pressurization of tanks with system of swapping of fuel and installation starting fuelsystem with draining on a tank of forcing ways already have been introduced in a batch production. For carrying out of tests for aerobatics and durability serial fighter MiG-9…

…As the most part of aerobatic manoeuvres on production tests was not checked, military verifiers had been executed 200 figures. The technics of performance of aerobatic manoeuvres as a whole was same, as at piston planes, however, handling appeared worse. Thus it was considered, that TsAGI has limited speed on flutter up to 950 km/h, and the main designer has entered restriction for serial airframes up to M0.8. Time and radius of a turn were at height of 1,000 m 30.5 sec and 655-685 m, and on 5,000m-39 cec and 970-1040m.

On the conclusion of leading pilots and pilots of flight plane MiG-9 on rise after takeoff was steady and well obeyed controls. At retract undercarriage balancing did not vary. In flight lateral stability normal. During pilotage loadings on the pilot stick are large. The minimal speed made 225-230 km/h. Flight on one engine with U/C down, provided high safety of flight, is possible.

Concerning arms it was marked, that in flight it is easy to aim at speed up to 550 km/h, and shooting was recommended to be conducted short bursts. Landing was simple, the plane did not drop a wing and well obeyed controls...

...Three flights on air fight with fighter Yak-15 have been taken, at heights of 5000 and 7000-8000 m. thus on turns Yak-15 came into tail MiG-9 in the end of the first Turn. In fight on ascending maneuvers MiG-9 also conceded Yak-15, carried out vertical figures faster. However at accelerating from Yak-15 or during its chase in horizontal flight and on long dive MiG-9 had advantages in greater maximal speed...

...(After installation of gas-deflectors on NR-37) Tests have shown, that installation of deflectors has a little lowered the basic flying characteristics of the plane. The maximal horizontal speeds have decreased for 9-24 km/h and have made at height of 5000 m - 854 km/h, at height of 8000 m - 832 km/h. Time of a turn at height of 5000 m was equaled 39-41 sec. Without shooting from the weapon engines worked steadily in a range from 8500 up to 9500 rev/min at heights up to 12160 m...

...According to the task the third prototype of fighter MiG-9 (No-3) in November, 1946 should be shown on the state tests equipped by external fuel tanks. However because of participation of the plane in preparation for November air parade to carry out this action by machine F-3 it was not possible. As a result with external tanks equipped the first serial copy of fighter MiG-9 101001. In April, 1947 it was necessary to test the converted plane…

…ejectable external metal tanks in capacity on 260 l had the streamline form and have been placed on the ends of a wing at joint 21. The suspension bracket of tanks point-to-point also was carried out by means of a hook located in the centre of gravity of a tank, and the bombing lock MDZ-40 fixing a tank for a special ear, strengthened in its back part. Lateral efforts perceived four adjustable an emphasis. Tanks were interchangeable. An installation time at work two person 15-18 minutes Dump of tanks was carried out simultaneously…

The fuel system consisted from 4 fuselage and 6 wing unprotected tanks in the general capacity 1595 л. All tanks of a soft design, except for fuselage tank No 4 which was metal. A feed of engines by kerosene was made through fuselage a tank ¹ 2. The system of connection of tanks provided the certain sequence of development of fuel with the purpose of preservation in flight of forward centering the plane...

>unqote<

That's 'nuff, I'm tired and hungry :smile:

Nele

Great food for thought nele, thanks.

It had a long takeoff. So the tanks drop, excellent! This will make the most needed PVO interceptor to face B-50s in 1948, as the F-80s turn home, leaving the slower F-82s. But it will require longer airfields, like Me-262. Its like 1944 8th AF vs Reich Defense but with a twist previously unexplored in The Sims.

Here's the current state of the MiG. Skin nearly complete. Probably finish it in another 2 weeks... :biggrin:

img00080.jpg

Edit: Trying to figure out how to make the image appear... :dntknw:

Edited by Timmy

Nice, heck i'd release with that skin, just add in Russian star. Very nice work Timmy. Am anticipating this one.

Here are the completed skins.

Soviet

Sov.jpg

Plain green but this one is PRC

PRCgreen.jpg

A little fancier PRC bird. There is a plain silver skin that is not shown but I'm sure you can just imagine this one without the red markings.

PRCfancy.jpg

And finally a camo PRC aircraft.

PRCcamo.jpg

I'll release it as beta shortly (PM me if you can't wait that long) but the FM is still WIP (which is fine considering that I have no idea how to make them.)

Nice skins! By any chance could you make a not real Polish or East German Skin in camo?

Ask and you shall receive.

img00091.jpg

Nice! You read my mind! I had an idea just like that! Now for the East Germans?

Neither the East Germans nor the Poles used the MiG-9. Hey Viggen, how about I send you the templates and you can make whatever you want?

Neither the East Germans nor the Poles used the MiG-9. Hey Viggen, how about I send you the templates and you can make whatever you want?

Sure! I'll make several.

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

Outstanding work fellas.

I got the email and sent you some goodies as well. I think we are very, very close to release.

Cool! I got a mid-70s, russian-made 1/72 model of this last year. Let my 11-year-old build & airbrush it (1st try at that). I think he'll like being able to fly it. Thanks, guys!

Timmy kindly gave me the aircraft to play with/try skinning

And I hope he does not mind me posting screenys in his thread

It's a nice change from FE, this is my first try at a aluminum finish (I've wanted to try a natural finish for a while)

mig901.jpg

mig902.jpg

beaut model timmy :clapping:

1st try p1oppy?

One heckuva debut in aluminum!

:good:

`Course, I'll be punching holes in it, but it will look great going down!

HOLY SHEEP DIP BATMAN! P1oppy, that is really impressive. I can't even beiliev that's my MiG.

Oooooh, p10ppy :shout:

I have no words... :shok:

Try to repaint mig 15-19 series, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE :crazy:

Okay Timmy. Today I'm using the data you poasted on page 2 and slipping it into the FM file, like this truncated example...

[Fuselage]

:

:

CmqMachTableData=1.000,1.000,1.000,23.468

MinExtentPosition=-0.733,-4.84,-1.176

MaxExtentPosition=0.733,1.333,0.351

MinExtentPosition= -0.82, 1.86,-0.57

MaxExtentPosition= 0.26,-5.87, 0.42

CollisionPoint[001]= 0.00, 1.86,-0.57

:

:

:

:...etc...

The bold is your new MinMax data. The italic is Pasko's F-80C numbers. I just swap them out?

I replaced the MaxMin numbers of the following text blocks...

Fuselage

Nose

LeftWing

RightWing

LeftOuterWing

RightOuterWing

VertTail

LeftStab

RightStab

Pilot .... I used the "Cockpit" MaxMin numbers

RightEngine

LeftEngine

... the following seven blocks had no MaxMin, so I added them at the bottom.

LeftFlap

RightFlap

LeftElevator

RightElevator

LeftAileron

RightAileron

Rudder

Cannon

LeftCannon

RightCannon

I keep the three F-80 fuel tank MaxMins.

Didn't find a NoseGear MaxMin, but a [NoseGear] block is in the F-80 FM file.

... the following two blocks had no MaxMin, so I added them at the bottom.

LeftMainGear

RightMainGear

That's it. Most of the MaxMin data I don't know where to put. The following are most of the unused...

cannon covers

Windscreen

FrontGlass

Fronttop

CanopyFrame

Bubble

Headrest

AntennaBase

Antenna

NoseDoor

RightNoseDoor

LeftNoseDoor

NoseStrut

NoseFork

Cockpit --- I did use this for [Pilot]

GunsightMount

Gunsight

GunGlass

Gunsightreflector

NoseGearBay

RightScoop

LeftScoop

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

Guest capun

Lexx

How are you coming out with the Min/Max numbers? Just in case P10ppy wrote a script (available in the Utilities section) that you run in 3DS Max and it spits out a text file with all of the true Min/Max values for all of the meshes.

It has been an invaluable tool and removed the guesswork and/or the tedious work of doing it manually in Max. You can still manually adjust it later to your own liking if you do so desire.