It does look like it has the wrong shape just infront of the intakes below the canopy. How about posting some wires?

It still looks "off" despite being just like the 3 view. Have you compared it against any other 3 views or checked the UVW mapping for the diagram? Depending on the drawing it can be hard to get the dimensions right and the plane matches the diagram but doesn't look right. I've now adopted the use of making the plane its applied to the exact same dimensions of the image scaled down to about 1/10 so that nothing is stretched or squashed in the process of being uvw mapped onto the plane.

Or if it was scanned from a book and the page wasn't completely flat, the 3 view could have that upward bent even though the real thing doesn't. Not looking to be a rivet counter or anything, just helping get it the best it can be ;)

There's nothing wrong with the 3 view, it looks quite decent in fact. I think the problem is stemming from the flow of the polys under the cockpit. This comes from the method shown in mustangs videos of using the slice and then non-uniform scaling. The problem is that the pivot point stays in the middle of the selected vertices when you scale them. You need to "shift" down all the polys under the canopy so that the fuselage looks more fluent. I had the same problem trying to build a Martin Baker MB.5 model, if you can lower the pivot point when you have selected multiple vertices, it should be relatively easy to fix. So far your model is looking great mate, should be very fun to intercept with.

Russkie Raider, where ever you are, you need to get on this! :good:

Russkie Raider, where ever you are, you need to get on this! :good:

I smell Mach 2.83 capable engines........

Still working on her...no more pics will be posted ,,courtesy of the rivet counters

Go Veltro this bird is waiting to defend the "Rodina"!!!!!!

post-12702-1193748871_thumb.jpg

Still working on her...no more pics will be posted ,,courtesy of the rivet counters

Sorry. I would have taken a stubby MiG-31. Just didn't feel right is all. But as before I still can't wait.

Go Veltro this bird is waiting to defend the "Rodina"!!!!!!

Damn that is a beautiful picture of a Mig-31 landing with the mountains in the back, it has a real nice feeling to it!

You have it in a bigger size?? Would love to have it as a background!!

Best regards, Kodiak.

Damn that is a beautiful picture of a Mig-31 landing with the mountains in the back, it has a real nice feeling to it!

You have it in a bigger size?? Would love to have it as a background!!

Best regards, Kodiak.

Agree with you this is one of the beautiest picture that I found somewere on the net.......Unfortunately this is the best size.....

Sure does kill the "want" to mod doesn't it?