Sign in to follow this  
Emp_Palpatine

Which campaigns are under "refit"?

Hi there, I'm wondering whether some campaign are under refit or not.

I know that currently, Iran-Irak is being upgraded to SP4.

Any other one, such as Taiwan 58 or Korea?

The only ones I'm working on are the aforementioned Iraq/Iran, and Desert Strom.

DBS and OTC have been rebuilt and reissued...I think they look much better now.

Although I DO have a rebuild of just the Darwin/Timor map in the works; updated to "modern times". Still need to have Edward contact me about permisisons for release, but it needs MAJOR flattening as I updated and/or moved or created new target areas and added something like 5 airfields (mostly in Oz). Once I have an OK from Edward, I can get someone to flatten the new or modified airfields.

I'm pretty sure anything pre-patch 4 needs a rebuild. (or the use of a non-patch4 install)

Wrench

kevin stein

ps: Edward, if you're reading this, PlEASE contact me ... I'd email you, but can't find your addy!!!

I updated the DBS terrain for SP4, and MajorLee has it at his site.

The DBS '72 campaign will not work properly with the current patch. I have an update done, and it'll be released as soon as Russo's Bucc is released.

I updated the DBS terrain for SP4, and MajorLee has it at his site.

The DBS '72 campaign will not work properly with the current patch. I have an update done, and it'll be released as soon as Russo's Bucc is released.

Marvelous news, I just loved DBS 72! :yes:

Really looking forward to Desert Storm.!

But what about Korea? There was a topic about refit progress with pics of some marvellous HR skins for Sabre by USAFMTL IIRC. Then it was gone, was it?

Guest Tazkiller

To my understanding the Korean Campaign is on hold.

On the otherhand the main aircraft, F-86 vs. MiG-15s have been reworked and are ready to publish.

Featured models of the F-86 include: A-5, E-01, E-05, E-06, F-01, F-10, F-30, F-30 6-3 Wing, and Gunval.

Historically correct skins.

Flight models for both the Sabres that are 99% correct to actual flight preformance, straight from the actual pilots flight manuals.

Flight gauges totally re-worked (airspeed, altitmeter, mach scale meter, fuel quanity, g-meter, tachometer) and fully functional.

New engine sounds and wind loops.

New cockpit for the A and E models featuring a V-windscreen and gunsight.

Accurate fuel consumption.

Total re-work of preformance values and aircraft weights.

Total re-work of flight control movements.

This has been an ongoing work for months by Zur(Daddy Sabre himself), Bibbolicious, and myself.

As an actual pilot with a jet rating and over 1200 hours of fligh time, I have poured all my passion for the 86 into this work.

I have tested these aircraft for hundreds of hours.

It's something special!!!!!

Looking damn good Taz. Yes I haven't forgotten about it either.

But what about Korea? There was a topic about refit progress with pics of some marvellous HR skins for Sabre by USAFMTL IIRC. Then it was gone, was it?
Its just on hold right now. No ETA at all.

I was thinking about taking on Taiwan as a pet project. I don't know though.

Great news about the Sabre and Fagot

I was thinking about taking on Taiwan as a pet project. I don't know though.

I have an entire install just for Taiwan.

Hell, Dave,you probably have an entre install for just the FemBots!!! :rofl:

Wrench

kevin stein

On the otherhand the main aircraft, F-86 vs. MiG-15s have been reworked and are ready to publish.

Featured models of the F-86 include: A-5, E-01, E-05, E-06, F-01, F-10, F-30, F-30 6-3 Wing, and Gunval.

Flight models for both the Sabres that are 99% correct to actual flight preformance, straight from the actual pilots flight manuals.

Flight gauges totally re-worked (airspeed, altitmeter, mach scale meter, fuel quanity, g-meter, tachometer) and fully functional.

This has been an ongoing work for months by Zur(Daddy Sabre himself), Bibbolicious, and myself.

As an actual pilot with a jet rating and over 1200 hours of fligh time, I have poured all my passion for the 86 into this work.

I'll second that! It's just a great classic AC and works just fine in the upgrade!!

Thanks for all the hard work.

Hell, Dave,you probably have an entre install for just the FemBots!!! :rofl:

Wrench

kevin stein

What's with all these gorgeous girls and more to the point where do you get them! They seem to have taken over the site. I hope we're not going to go all 'girlie', my missus is already complaining about the time I spend on the computer if she sees these I'll get banned completely!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Guest Tazkiller

Well as a total follow-up.

Every Sabre in existance has recieved the same attention.

For our British, Canadian, Austrailian friends.

Mk. 4, Mk. 6 , and Avon Sabres.

For export F-86D, K, L models.

Even the F-86F-35 and 40 models.

Re-designs in flight models have produced a totally new bird.

Plus with the overhauled flight gauges the is totally no need for in-game perfomance readouts.

A total pilots aircraft.

Every Sabre in existance has recieved the same attention.

Including the H "Hog" I hope (didn't see it listed) :biggrin:

Guest Tazkiller

As it stands now there is not an accurate H model Sabre in existance.

One person has made an attempt at a Hog but too many issues make the aircraft less than desireable.

Daddy Sabre has spoke of doing the hog in the future.

I guess we have to wait til then.

Oh Daddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EX -- CEEELLLL-- ENT!!

These new sabre's are gonna rock the commies!!! (and the Kasbah!)

Good news! Can't wait!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Taiwan is probably going to be updated after DBS and Desert Storm.

Edited by suhsjake

Although I DO have a rebuild of just the Darwin/Timor map in the works; updated to "modern times". Still need to have Edward contact me about permisisons for release, but it needs MAJOR flattening as I updated and/or moved or created new target areas and added something like 5 airfields (mostly in Oz). Once I have an OK from Edward, I can get someone to flatten the new or modified airfields.

I'm pretty sure anything pre-patch 4 needs a rebuild. (or the use of a non-patch4 install)

Wrench

kevin stein

ps: Edward, if you're reading this, PlEASE contact me ... I'd email you, but can't find your addy!!!

>Big bump from last Summer!<

As to todays events in real life, this could be a very topical map/campaign.

Did you ever hear from Edward, Wrench?

Looks like you've been busy lately Taz!! Well I for one will be looking forward to the release of these great re-worked airplanes tho' I thought your current ones were pretty cool. :good:

Waiting for Edwards to finish his terrain additions so I can get stuck into more interdiction mission building on his great Korean terrain.

How about the MiG-15? I love the Sabres, but the MiG-15 is one of my favourites....

We have only MiG-15bis. What about the earlier version? If possible, redo the FM (I'm impressed with the MiG-17 FM in Charlie's Aces), add a new cockpit and I'll be in heaven....

Now that I have my main computer back up and running I will be starting work again on my 1986 Libya campaign. "Operation Thunderhead"