Sign in to follow this  

Okay, lots of responses so far. Let me respond to some of the responses specifically:

"How about a dual bomb rack (like the BRU57) that allows ROCKET PODS to be mounted."

I think that's already been done. I remember Sag posting a screen shot showing a CF-188 with exactly that.

FastCargo

IIRC he had just mounted them on the Sidewinder stations that are part of the F/A-18 model.

There is one thing however that might be a nice addition: weapon plyons.

Some models have weapon stations, but not the pylons to mount the bombs, rockets, etc properly. Thus I think that some generic pylons might be a nice addition for the weaponspack.

Edited by Gocad

I notice that russian planes (MiG-21/23/27/29, Su-22) didn't have few external fuel tanks:

MiG-21/23/27 can carry 800 litres tank in center fuselage pylon and wings (but wing tanks have different model than fuselage tank) in Wings over Europe we didnt have it :search: same the Su-22/25 (Mig-29?) can carry 1150 l tanks under the wings and 1500 l under fuselage in MiG-29. Can someone make this tanks?

Edited by ArturR

How about a Pave Knife laser designator pod as it appeared in 1971-72 under the wings of F-4Ds of the 8th TFW from Ubon? I can supply at least a basic side view drawing and could do the simple dark green/white texture for it? Would love to see one created!

Thanks,

Mike Druzolowski

Is it feasible to create the rotary internal weapons racks that the B-52, B-1, and B-2 can use for cruise missiles?

Is it feasible to create the rotary internal weapons racks that the B-52, B-1, and B-2 can use for cruise missiles?

Yes...and no...(I think).

I think you could build the rotary rack as a MER, and have the weapons 'mount' properly. But I don't think you could get it to 'rotate'. You could still 'drop' weapons...just the visual model wouldn't move and the weapons would drop directly from their 'mounted' positions.

FastCargo

I still got a dual rack AMRAAM pylon model in MAX9 format. It needs a real texture map and maybe some tweaking but if you want it let me know.

Flanker, I may take you up on that.

Okay folks, thanks to Capun from the A-Team, he fixed the ALCM animation issues and taught me to not make the same mistake later...another shot of the ALCM launching:

gallery_12105_43_149569.jpg

But notice something else?

gallery_12105_43_77281.jpg

Yep, prototype '4-pack' SDB rack with the current (bright orange!) SDB models. I'm already finding limitation issues though. For instance, anyone know how to mount a EOGB (current guidance for all JDAMs) on a multi rack? Because I don't think any of the rack options will let you do that. I had to cheat and make the SDBs LGB guided so I could mount them on the rack.

This could be a problem for things like a rotary launcher, and an external Weapon Pylon for things like ALCMs, SRAMs, etc.

FastCargo

Lots of good suggestions so far folks. I'll compile them into a Weapons/Rack WIP list and make it a sticky in the WoE/WoV/Project-1 General Discussion area. That way people can hopefully see what's coming. Also, if anyone has a hankering to take on some of the stuff listed, let me know. Some of the stuff is great for getting into modeling without getting frustrated working on an aircraft right out of the gate.

FastCargo

This would have to call for a reissue or separate version of the planes using a rotary launcher, but there might be a way to make one. I'm not versed on the 3D modeling, so this is just an idea I'm throwing out here:

There are moving/rotating pylons for the aircraft with variable sweep wings (like the F-111 model). So, could you take that technique and model the rotary launcher as a "pylon" in the aircraft model itself and tie it's rotation to a user controllable input (maybe one of those animation keys)? If that part would work, is there some way to keep a weapon from firing unless it is in the bottom position on the launcher? If this is possible, then you could have a rotating launcher for cruise missiles and also be able to switch back to a normal bombay just like if it was a "mer" in the weapons pack.

Like I said, I'm just making a suggestion and don't know the details very well myself on how to approach this beyond what I just thought of. Anyway, this take on the idea doesn't really relate to the weapons pack itself and would have to be taken up by those responsible for the planes using such a device.

Good progress. I was thinking of doing some of the weps on your list as well as Blue Steel and Skybolt.

Okay, 2 projects complete so far:

AGM-86B and AGM-86C (ALCMs):

gallery_12105_43_410861.jpg

And BRU-61A (SDB 4-pack rack):

gallery_12105_43_130806.jpg

Releases pending...readmes, notes, caveats, etc.

FastCargo

That rack is looking very nice indeed. Any idea who did the original SDB? I'd like to see if I could get a hold of the original file to redo it from it.

That rack is looking very nice indeed. Any idea who did the original SDB? I'd like to see if I could get a hold of the original file to redo it from it.

I wish I knew...I think at one time I asked, but was told the original LOD file was lost...that's why there's been no success in changing the colorations. They're SO orange! (Yes, I know the original test articles were orange too....).

I'm also running into rack issues. Appearently, only BOMB, and LGB can be hung from TERs and MERs. That's why I had to change the SDB to a LGB. I haven't found a way around this yet. I tried changing the rack to a TLR, and the SDB to a EOGR (GPS guided rocket) and gave the booster values no thrust. But everytime I tried to drop the SDB, it would blow up my plane instead...

Interestingly enough, I assigned the BRU-61 as a TER, but gave it 4 hardpoints. It seems to work just fine. Which makes me wonder if I could do that with other racks. That could solve an issue with the Tornado and Sidewinders...

FastCargo

Good progress. I was thinking of doing some of the weps on your list as well as Blue Steel and Skybolt.

Hey, if you're willing, go ahead to the Weapons WIP list in the General Discussions thread and sign yourself up! You're a moderator now...you have the power (mwhahahaha) The more the merrier!

FastCargo

Good work FC on those ALCMs.

Thanks Fastcargo. That's unfortunate, but oh well. Is there any gameplay difference between LGB and EOGB in the game? That's strange the EOGBs can't be hung from TERs and MERs.

I've still been working on the JCM, well, at least the INI editing for it, as well as several of the mounting possiblities, such as the quad helicopter rack and dual aircraft one. I'll do a test flight later today and see how it looks in game. They are still using the Hellfire model.

Hmm, newer model Hellfires....