Sign in to follow this  
drdoyo

Can anyone identify this aeroplane?

Damn it Jim, I'm not a model builder,....I'm a tinkerer! :biggrin:

post-19294-1190525634_thumb.jpg

post-19294-1190525714_thumb.jpg

I was just splashing color on Friday, and got a bit more inolved with it Saturday. I liked what I saw.

An aircraft that's missing its enlarged dorsal spine :biggrin:

An aircraft that's missing its enlarged dorsal spine :biggrin:

And a few other items...yeah :yes:

You wouldn't want to try landing that on the Kuznetsnov. 'Aint seeing no arrestor-in' hook...!!!111! :lol:

It would be a great addition to WOE though, I hope it's finished soon.

Wait, if it doesen't have an arrestor hook, why does it have navy colours (does any mig-29 have an hook at all)?

Wait, if it doesen't have an arrestor hook, why does it have navy colours (does any mig-29 have an hook at all)?

The hook has to be modeled, but you can add the appropriate data into the data.ini. Are you going for just a skin on this one or the variant itself? Speaking of which, is zis going to be the original K or the modernised, pimped out K?

Good work so far! I'm making one too but you beat me to the punch you bugger! :biggrin:

It's the MiG-29K, I believe it was in the late stages of development (Carrier suitability testing) when the USSR dissolved itself.

If you want to fly one on your PC, for now you can have the IRIS FS9 version, which is very nice :happy:

Image-0335.jpg

Image-0336.jpg

So there is a naval mig-29, that's what i was wondering...

If you want to fly one on your PC, for now you can have the IRIS FS9 version, which is very nice

Where can i find it?

Edited by Wolf65

Morskaya Aviatsiya ([soviet]Naval Air Service) MiG-29K Fulcrum WIP. The skin is pretty much ready to go. I'm moving into the ini editing phase for weapons and avionics. Time and permissions permitting this could be a new addition to the Fulcrum family. If not a full release, there seems to be enough interest for a skin release, and whoever wants to can edit their own ini's.

As SayWhat?! said, to be visable a hook has to be modeled which I am unable to do, but it does have a fully functioning hook and indicator light through ini editing.

Some more work I've done, for my game is I've added the Soviet Navy as a nation like their American and British counterparts in the series. I've even added the ranks for Campaign.

For those of you who are tweaking ini's as well and may not have done this yet here is my Nations ini entry. If you want to run a Campaign, the Navy aircraft must have "Nation=SOVIETNAVY" in aircraft's entry in the campaign_data.ini

[NationXXX]

Name=SOVIETNAVY

DisplayName=Soviet Morskaya Aviatsiya

Alignment=ENEMY

PlayerFlyable=TRUE

PilotNameList=NamesRussian.lst

RankList=RanksRussianNavy.lst

CallsignList=CallsignsUS.lst

Formation.Fighter=SovietFighter

Formation.Attack=SovietFighter

Formation.Bomber=SovietBomber

Formation.Transport=SovietBomber

Formation.Tank=SovietTank

Formation.MobileAD=SovietAD

PilotTrainingStandard=NORMAL

GenderRatio=0

DebriefSuccessMusic=DebriefSuccess.wav

DebriefFailMusic=DebriefFail.wav

DebriefKilledMusic=DebriefKilled.wav

SpeechFile=USAFSpeech.cat

SpeechTextFile=USAFSpeechText.cat

Medals=MedalsUSN.ini

MedalTextFile=MedalsUSN.str

and the Soviet Navy ranks list (RanksRussianNavy.lst) which goes in the flight folder

[FullName]

Lieutenant

Senior Lieutenant

Captain Lieutenant

Captain (3rd rank)

Captain (2nd rank)

Captain (1st rank)

Counter Admiral

Vice Admiral

Admiral

Admiral of the Fleet

[shortName]

LT

Sr LT

CAPT LT

CAPT 3-go

CAPT 2-go

CAPT 1-go

KONTR ADM

VADM

ADM

ADM FLOTA

:wink:

Edited by drdoyo

It's the MiG-29K, I believe it was in the late stages of development (Carrier suitability testing) when the USSR dissolved itself.

If you want to fly one on your PC, for now you can have the IRIS FS9 version, which is very nice :happy:

India will be getting several soon, along with a new (formerly Russian) carrier.

It looks like the MiG-29K but I see only six wing weapon pods - MiG-29K has eight!

Silverbolt,

you can fold the wings of SMT only using a jigsaw. :diablo:

Air Force has Mig-29A (29-12B). Of course, they are upgraded to meet local conditions.

This is "K" with fold wings:

mig29k-7.jpg

India has ordered K's and KUB's. KUB is, unlike basic Fulcrum-B, fully capable multirole twin seater (similar to Mig-29MRCA).

Here, first Indian KUB, still undelivered:

Vishnu_in_Russia_11.jpg

Here is the cocpit:

Vishnu_in_Russia_19.jpg

MiG-29A ¸(9-12B) compared to MiG-29KUB compared is about as F-16 Block 10 to F-16 Block 52 :smile:

Nele

It looks like the MiG-29K but I see only six wing weapon pods - MiG-29K has eight!

No the Mig-29K has 9 hardpoints. 4 on each wing and a centerline. Like I said, I'm moving on to ini editing which is where the extra positions will come from :biggrin: .