Sign in to follow this  
Brain32

VietnamSEA Tile Repaint v1.0

VietnamSEA Tile Repaint v1.0

This is a complete higher resolution(512x512) VietnamSEA tileset repaint with added trees.

ReadMe and Installation instructions are included in the file archive.

With Deuce's site under reconstruction, these terrain tiles fill a much needed WOV improvement at a very opportune time. Great work, Brain! Variety is a nice thing to have. Thanks for all your hard work.

I'm glad you like it guys :biggrin:

it's a pleasure to fly a very low level

That's what I was aiming for, good to hear it worked :smile:

These tiles look great! Thank you, Brain.

Do you or does anyone else know if they are compatible with a YAP install. I am assuming that there should not be a problem but I would be grateful for a steer from anyone who has installed them and has YAP up and running.

Any info or advice would be welcome. Cheers.

Well as far as I know YAP uses VietnamSEA terrain and I even painted over (enlarged)default tiles so I don't think there should be any kind of problems with it :smile:

i love your terrain

it's a pleasure to fly a very low level

thank you

I absolutely agree with you :yes:

THANX Brain32 :good:

Hey Brian Real nice work m8

was in my trusty ov 10 , took a couple'a sandy's 2 ride shotgun, was a real hoot

cheers man

Brain32, absolutely fantastic piece of work!

Downloaded to do a quick test, and I'm still flying strikes over it! Adn I have not played WoV for months.

Thanks man! :good:

Just wanted to throw my two cents worth in. A superb job, the tiles match seamlessly. Without a doubt a fine addition to WOV, the realism is just great. This sim is just getting better and better!

Mike D.

img00011.jpg

Can someone help me with this? 1024X768, SFP1. graphic option set to high, except for mirrorsand shadow;

Also this install of wow is without the latest patch, (the one that included water effect, could this be the cause?)

Also please look at this one. The town texture does not look quite right to me; in this screenshot resolution is 1280x1024

img00014.jpg

Edited by atrdriver

Also this install of wow is without the latest patch, (the one that included water effect, could this be the cause?)

Very probably, apply the latest patch and check again.

Also please look at this one. The town texture does not look quite right to me; in this screenshot resolution is 1280x1024

If you mean on those awful seams, well the default terrain has some errors in tile placement, those are not so easily visible with default tilset as the whole terrain stays within one colour tone, I corrected several of those but not all (TE offers quite limited zoom on the terrain). If you can check the coordinates of that city it will be corrected in the upcoming update I prepare for my VietnamSEA tile repaint :wink:

Very probably, apply the latest patch and check again.

If you mean on those awful seams, well the default terrain has some errors in tile placement, those are not so easily visible with default tilset as the whole terrain stays within one colour tone, I corrected several of those but not all (TE offers quite limited zoom on the terrain). If you can check the coordinates of that city it will be corrected in the upcoming update I prepare for my VietnamSEA tile repaint :wink:

Thanks I will check, now I wonder f there is any way to install the patch without screwing the add-ons

As for the town no I did not mean the seams but the blurryness of the textures..

Is there any way to have just the tree work? I have the standard Vietnam se with that early version of trees released by deuces and with tiles I think form deuces, as well

Is there any way to have just the tree work? I have the standard Vietnam se with that early version of trees released by deuces and with tiles I think form deuces, as well

It's described in the readme :wink:

And as for this:

As for the town no I did not mean the seams but the blurryness of the textures..

Check your in-game and/or your graphics card settings

And as for this:

Check your in-game and/or your graphics card settings

Ok I am not computer baby, but point me where to check?

I have AA and aniso Managed by the appilcation

Latest Omega for ati radeon

In fhe flight engine I have 512 max texture size set for high details

Of course thanks and help for your time; I trtied to use only the trees, but then I see NO trees at all, and obviously not those that I already installed with deuces addon!

Edited by atrdriver

posted twice, don't know how to delete thread

Edited by atrdriver

Ok I am not computer baby, but point me where to check?

I have AA and aniso Managed by the appilcation

Latest Omega for ati radeon

In fhe flight engine I have 512 max texture size set for high details

Of course thanks and help for your time; I trtied to use only the trees, but then I see NO trees at all, and obviously not those that I already installed with deuces addon!

Umm that's not actually texture size, that's why you have it blurry I'm suprised it's not even blurier lol

Use this:

MaxTextureRes=0

If you want it even more sharper go in the negative(default set by game is -1)

Umm that's not actually texture size, that's why you have it blurry I'm suprised it's not even blurier lol

Use this:

MaxTextureRes=0

If you want it even more sharper go in the negative(default set by game is -1)

ah okei there were a few posts on this forums that suggested to use 512, but comes at the price of blusrrying

btw I maged to add trees at leisures,,it is just a matter of adding treeobjects.tga texture by texture where rlevant in the vietnansea.data.

I also imported some of your tods, those for mountain tiles, in y terrain install, and now I have trees without the latest patch which I am quite happy without. excellent

Hey, this is a great mod! Thanks, Brain32! :good:

Edited by MC.202