Sign in to follow this  

This is just a something that made me go hmmm...My thought was if the Phantom II EVER got a CCIP, She would really be a awesome AC, not that she isn't now but, just that little modifcation to her avionics would put her into mudmover hall of fame! again just a thought from a guy that LOVES loading her up to the gills and just ruining some poor sap's day! :biggrin:

Not in US service, but I'd think some of these upgraded F-4s out there used by other countries such as Japan, Turkey, Israel, and so on might have it.

Not in US service, but I'd think some of these upgraded F-4s out there used by other countries such as Japan, Turkey, Israel, and so on might have it.
RGR that I'll take a gander at them, (I have DL'd almost ALL of them :biggrin: ).

RGR that I'll take a gander at them, (I have DL'd almost ALL of them :biggrin: ).

When my unit retired them in 1991 there was little need for CCIP. Our main purpose was laser bombing. We used Pave Spike. Some of our aircraft were readied and crews and support personell were almose activated for Deseert Storm, but the ground war was already moving too fast and it was decided that our lasers weren't needed after all, or actually that there wouldn't be time to get us there :biggrin: .

When my unit retired them in 1991 there was little need for CCIP. Our main purpose was laser bombing. We used Pave Spike. Some of our aircraft were readied and crews and support personell were almose activated for Deseert Storm, but the ground war was already moving too fast and it was decided that our lasers weren't needed after all, or actually that there wouldn't be time to get us there :biggrin: .
Rgr that! Leave it up to the guys in charge to NOT have the foresight to have units like yours in place BEFORE hand! On a lighter note, I use the F-4 with the pave spike and paveway load out when available but it would be nice to put a couple of 2000 pounders on target without needing a masters in physics and geometry. :biggrin:

but it would be nice to put a couple of 2000 pounders on target without needing a masters in physics and geometry.

I somehow manage level bombings by pure feeling, although i'm usualy more succesful in the A-4F and F-8E, than the Phantom.

I somehow manage level bombings by pure feeling, although i'm usualy more succesful in the A-4F and F-8E, than the Phantom.
Rgr that, It does get slightly easier with some practice and the same target, but it is still a tough go when the whole world is throwing sams and aaa at my ac! lol :biggrin::blink:

I try to fly under the radar, but asfar as AAAs go, i just hope their bad. :biggrin:

But I have gotten shot down a couple of times by those guys (AAAs) while approcheing the target.

Awww, c'mon. Put some work into it. Download the Range Terrain and practice. Its all about speed and altitude. :wink:

Well when delivering any weapon in game it is best to keep the plan level and to not pull any Gs, don't want a big unit flopping all about. :biggrin:

I'd suggest looking at the JASDF F-4EJ and EJ Kai, as they're set up for the avionics70.dll.

Your answers are probably there :wink:

don't want a big unit flopping all about.

somehow, that sound so dirty!!!!! :rofl:

Wrench

kevin stein

And one of the German ones here at CA has CCIP.