Did he lost all his work Su`s and all others?

But on this F117 good work an nice panel!

i don´t know :dntknw:

There is no way a model with that kind of polycount (close to 170000 tris) is ever going to work ingame. IMO you should leave out all detail that can be painted on, and optimise the entire mesh in order to bring it down something more reasonable like 10-15000 tris.

The cockpit is bloody excellent though, so I'd say keep that.

There is no way a model with that kind of polycount (close to 170000 tris) is ever going to work ingame. IMO you should leave out all detail that can be painted on, and optimise the entire mesh in order to bring it down something more reasonable like 10-15000 tris.

The cockpit is bloody excellent though, so I'd say keep that.

this model have 169305 :wink:

Yeah, and I'm saying it's too much. I noticed you've actually went and modelled all the meshes for the intakes and vents. Instead of modelling superflous detail like that just paint it on and it will look just as good. Likewise with the super-detailing on the landing gear and pylon assemblies. The landing gear especially has 20x the amount of polies it needs for ingame purposes: There's simply no reason to have it that smooth.

So yeah, optimize and I'll see about unwrapping it for you then ;)

Yeah, and I'm saying it's too much. I noticed you've actually went and modelled all the meshes for the intakes and vents. Instead of modelling superflous detail like that just paint it on and it will look just as good. Likewise with the super-detailing on the landing gear and pylon assemblies. The landing gear especially has 20x the amount of polies it needs for ingame purposes: There's simply no reason to have it that smooth.

So yeah, optimize and I'll see about unwrapping it for you then ;)

I think you are right.

look at this http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=22681 this model have 69393 and real too, but cockpit is simply.

Man, oh man!

What a fine addition this will make.

And the F-5 in the Czech thread? Another beauty!

The Tiger-shark from it would probably give me perma-wood. :biggrin:

I think you are right.

look at this http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=22681 this model have 69393 and real too, but cockpit is simply.

Yeah, but the landing gear features the same kind of anal-retentivess I was specifically talking about before.

There is no need to model tiny itsy-weenie detail like that because noone will ever see it, and if they will, it'll probably look just as good painted into the texture. About the only thing on my landing gears I put any great detail in is the suspension, and even then it's just to have proper animations and I always keep it as basic as possible.

You have to weigh performance against detail, and from the looks of it, you have 150% detail and no performance at all.

vrkuboy,

Julhelm is absolutly right. Believe him. These are great models, but they will never find their way into the game. It will either freeze or CTD, when trying to run such a model. People not making the changes to the FLIGHTENGINE.INI are getting problems, when they try to run models with a polygon count higher than 10.000, so it´s not realistic to use models with 70.000 - 170.000! :blink:

It doesn´t matters, if its now 170.000 or 169.305! It won´t slow done any system, it will just NOT work at all.

My System is now 5 years old and when runnning into the visibility range of two high-poly-count (max. 15.000) models with high-rez skins, it´s like flying with hiccup. :biggrin:

Reduce detail, so you got a maximum of 15.000 polygons and you will have an excellent model, wich works good in game.

Greets Florian

vrkuboy,

Julhelm is absolutly right. Believe him. These are great models, but they will never find their way into the game. It will either freeze or CTD, when trying to run such a model. People not making the changes to the FLIGHTENGINE.INI are getting problems, when they try to run models with a polygon count higher than 10.000, so it´s not realistic to use models with 70.000 - 170.000! :blink:

It doesn´t matters, if its now 170.000 or 169.305! It won´t slow done any system, it will just NOT work at all.

My System is now 5 years old and when runnning into the visibility range of two high-poly-count (max. 15.000) models with high-rez skins, it´s like flying with hiccup. :biggrin:

Reduce detail, so you got a maximum of 15.000 polygons and you will have an excellent model, wich works good in game.

Greets Florian

from 169.305 to 15000 polygons :haha: it is posible??

now i post mdel to USAFMTL he use it to desert storm mod and he modify model how is need.

Edited by vrkuboy

from 169.305 to 15000 polygons :haha: it is posible??

now i post mdel to USAFMTL he use it to desert storm mod and he modify model how is need.

Yeah I can't get anyone to export it because the poly count is way too high. Its needs to be optimized or we will never to get it to work in the sim.

I see that you are working on a Bell 206 Jet Ranger. Would you be interested in doing an OH-58D Kiowa Warrior? If so I can supply you with plenty of detailed info and photos of the bird.

-Wells

on kiowa work marcfighter :wink: contact him

Edited by vrkuboy

Any new Pics? greatings from Prague!

from prague?

18623515.jpg

18623516.jpg

18623517.jpg

vrkuboy has send me his Alouette III model. He is using gmax, so it´s not that easy to get the stuff into 3ds MAX to convert it into LOD files.

The models are out of size and have a way to high polycount. I tried to reduce the polycount of the Alouette and got this from ~30.000 to ~17.000.

Now the exporter is working and the model can be used in Thirdwire series. Still a lot work to do and a lot of issues have to be erased.

I tried mainly to rescue the high detailed engine part, wich is very nice. The interior needs to be fixed and i scaled it down a bit to much i guess.

(Or does the crew just needs a breath of fresh air on head and toes?) :biggrin:

Just a very first try if its working in game!

Greets

Florian

simply amazing.I have waited a long time for that little helo.One question?are the weapons pylons removable?

One question?are the weapons pylons removable?

I will make the weapon pylons as game engine pylons. They will only appear if missiles are loaded.

Remember, this image is just a very first look of the model. I just reduced polycount and scale of it.

And even this is not finished, as i´m trying to decrease polycount more, cause it needs a new interior

(holes) and the scale has to be matched with reality.

Guest Saganuay82

Good to have you back Florian. Can never have enough modellers and not only for planes.

The interior needs to be fixed and i scaled it down a bit to much i guess.

(Or does the crew just needs a breath of fresh air on head and toes?) :biggrin:

Hmm... TK's pilot 3D model is not in scale. Erikgen got the same problem with his Agusta A109 (a little helicopter). He finally built his own pilot 3D...

Fantastic model. Keep up the great work. My favourite stealth of all time. :fans: Some call her ugly but to me she's a looker I actually like her better than the rest of the blended design stealth aircraft's in service.

Edited by Atreides