Sign in to follow this  
TX3RN0BILL

Iranian Revolutionary Guards play with fire

Yeah, looks like they're getting worse at sabre rattling on the sea... I mean, I thought it was their nay's duty to pick on smaller dinghis and runabouts that couldn't defend themselves (except for that RAN team that ought them off with obscenities a few months ago! :biggrin:)

Being ex-Navy, I'm proud the way the Nav handled it. Showed professionalism and intellect!

USNadpc

Yeah, they did a great job...good ole Navy. They earned their expeditionary medals...

I laugh at the Iranian navy for doing something so stupid! But I think that they want us to open fire on them so they can say that we attacked them in their waters! But in all reality those armed bass boats would just be target practice for our destroyers. BTW does Iran have any destroyers?

might have been intended as bait to give them an excuse to open with the shore-based Silkworms.

Some days I guess u cant win for anything, lol, Irans plan backfired again, tsk tsk, as usual the Navy is professional and exercised the ROEs properly, Good Job Guys.

Some days I guess u cant win for anything, lol, Irans plan backfired again, tsk tsk, as usual the Navy is professional and exercised the ROEs properly, Good Job Guys.

well............ not sure I completelyagree.

I don't know what their ROE was, but what I used to operate under - those guys would have been toast. A clear threat communicated with an approach consistent with intent to attack. Very close call but I think the ROE was met. The proof of that is that the ships were about to open fire.

glad things didn't go that far, but the Iranians are playing with fire here and could easily miscalculate our restraint as timidity which breeds contempt and results in further agression. That is just how it works over there.

the next incident could be that much more dangerous as a result.

The good news:

At the watering hole we are not using the Port Royal, Hopper, and Ingraham in the same sentance as the Cole and Stark.

My gripe:

Why am I not hearing that this TF replied with small arms fire. Are currently searching for survivors but expect none, and the bucket heads in the state departement are running around in circles with thier hair on fire.

And:

The first cruise missile was a remote control speed boat packed with explosives.

Thanks all posters for being on the side of our blue jackets out there :ph34r: CL

Edited by charlielima

Some of you have a little grasp on what the Iranians were trying to do. Ok say the ship fired. The Iranians accuse of us being belligerent. It gets spread around the world... "Oh the bad US is attacking another country." It plays right in the Iranians and the Islomafacists hands. "The US not only attacked Iran they attacked Islam." Sorry, the US didn't bite. Now lets take this one step further, as you can see those boats didn't look very military. So not only did the US attack the Iranians. They also attacked unarmed civilians who were out at sea for some fun. That is how the world would see it. They were trying to provoke and incident and we didn't bite. You have to think like a chess game with these morons. Now that the world has seen we have practiced restraint, if it does come down to a shooting match in another such incident, it will fall into our favor. I have said it once and I say it again discretion is the better part of valor.

Thats correct. My dad Lt / Naval Aviator Papa Lima always told me that discretion is the greater part of valor. Don't you think they will escalate thier acts until we do bite. Those that hate us now will not hate us less when we act wisely, humanely, or sensitivly toward thier faith, culture or such. Bravo Zulu to the surface fleet guys for keeping the kids safe and not starting a new mess for us to deal with. Yeah I relize it's 2008 and not 1983. A no brainer now is way differant then 25 years ago. Good thing us cold war hot heads are here? And not wearing gold speghetti and eggs on our cover in CIC. Not likely for me. I might have gotten as far as an O-3 LDO. Anyway it would be fun to see film or photo of one of these gentleman waterskieng or "enjoying" some form of aquatic recreation when the ships force is allowed to go weapons free on these ah, unarmed silly villans.

:ph34r: V/R, CL

just read the stars/stripes...seems Iran said that the USN fabricated the entire thing...that sounds like the USN...not!

just gets weirder and weirder

Third World countries have no idea what a S*** storm we can bring down on them when we're attacked.

Iran wants to be the "Big Dog" in that part of the world.

Unfortunately they can't lift their leg high enough. They just think they can.