Sign in to follow this  
SidDogg

Ummmm so I'm going to Japan.....

:blink:

. . . . . anybody here been there? :blink:

help me out i'm dyin here! :dntknw:

headed to Helicopter Antisubmarine Squadron One Four.....

Edited by SidDogg

Am I to assume this is not on vacation?

Sorry, I really can't help much. I have always wanted to visit the Far East, but the closest I have gotten so far is Alaska.

I went around with a General and a couple staff officers from the JGSDF here today, but not in Japan, sorry. Give me a couple years, lol.

:blink:

. . . . . anybody here been there? :blink:

help me out i'm dyin here! :dntknw:

headed to Helicopter Antisubmarine Squadron One Four.....

I assume on the Forward Deployed CV?

I spent just short of three years there on the Midway based in Yokosuka and flying out of Atsugi (on those occasional instances when we were in homeport...)

we did used to say that the Midway was named that not in honor of the battle, but because we were always "midway" between ports....

seriously - I loved it. Good operations, never so long at sea with frequent stops at homeport - although also short. A constant ops tempo and a great place to live. And absolutely great liberty ports.

why the nervousness?

if I could do it again, I would. In fact, I did a few years later out to the Med.

We also called ourselves the US Navy Foreign Legion and at that time Carrier Air Wing Five was also the Antique Flying Club of Westpac (because we not only had the oldest models of aircraft then flying, we had the oldest buno's of those oldest models!)

Edited by Typhoid

why the nervousness?

Well...... Since then, the Navy has changed, VERY MUCH :mellow:

.....a sailor beats an 80-year-old woman to death.....

...marines and sailors raping females... :blink:

Makes for a pretty crappy liberty policy---heard that's wat's goin on now at HS-14..... :fie:

Sierra Hotel command though , they're just working to keep bad things from happening i guess... :good:

i was stationed at yokota ab and misawa ab between apr 1977 to apr 1983. i served in the air force and im an old fart so i dont know how much i could help except places to go and see when you have time.

yeh..... :blink:

people i work with say that it's ont of those places where you can get transportation ANYWHERE and basically get into every nook and cranny......

...dunno, maybe i wouldn't mind gettin lost..... :biggrin:

yeh..... :blink:

people i work with say that it's ont of those places where you can get transportation ANYWHERE and basically get into every nook and cranny......

...dunno, maybe i wouldn't mind gettin lost..... :biggrin:

absolutely. Learn a little Japanese, hop on the trains and head out!

don't worry about that other nonsense. Things always flare up and die back down.

Have a blast and enjoy the travel. Are you taking a family with you?

Are you taking a family with you?

...... :blink:

man HECKKK NAW :nono:

i would never be able to get fun time in :dntknw:

but umm yeh i'm goin single :biggrin:

I'm stuck in Yongsan Korea as a AF brat, and i'll tell you, the AFN sexual assault commercials never stop! 1 out of 4 are about that.

If you don't mind occassionally being imprisoned, FDNF is OK. At least you're hitting places like Australia, Thailand, and Hong Kong. Thailand... it has to be seen to be believed. "Chocolate man! Chocolate man!"

Those who know, KNOW.

BTW, I was raised in Tacoma and Federal Way before I joined the Navy. Stadium High (Stay dumb and High) School.

I'm stuck in Yongsan Korea as a AF brat, and i'll tell you, the AFN sexual assault commercials never stop! 1 out of 4 are about that.

My wife was at Yongsan in 2001 to 2002. I went to see her for 10 days. Had a great time.

Thailand is OK...but Singapore will make you a man...and the back alleys of Hong Kong...oh man! Thailand gets a bad rap from people who think New Orleans is a good time...trust me, one could find a whole lot more stuff that people wont believe in the places I mentioned...man a trip to Malaysia and places like the legendary "Alaskan Bush Company" are kindergarten. Oh, and dont forget Guam (especially since they import European "talent" there).

Plus, the HIV rate is so frakkin high you might as well be in Africa...wait a minute...

Since you didnt PM me, figure you have all that you think you need...good luck and hope you have fun.

If you're going to Yokosuka, I'd suggest you visit the Mikasa memorial ship. They have a pretty neat Yamato museum on board as well. Then you have only like a 2hr ride into Tokyo where I'd suggest you go to places like Shibouya (Nightclubs), Asakusa (It's a temple district and they have this pretty neat shopping street where you can find all sorts of traditional japanese things), Akihabara which is also known as Electric Town where you can find tons of cheap electronic stuff as well as some quite extensive hobby shops. And if you ever get bored all you have to do is take the Shinkansen some two hours to Gala Yukuzawa where they have some neat skislopes.

If you're going to Yokosuka, I'd suggest you visit the Mikasa memorial ship. They have a pretty neat Yamato museum on board as well. Then you have only like a 2hr ride into Tokyo where I'd suggest you go to places like Shibouya (Nightclubs), Asakusa (It's a temple district and they have this pretty neat shopping street where you can find all sorts of traditional japanese things), Akihabara which is also known as Electric Town where you can find tons of cheap electronic stuff as well as some quite extensive hobby shops. And if you ever get bored all you have to do is take the Shinkansen some two hours to Gala Yukuzawa where they have some neat skislopes.

hmmmm..... :blink:

hokely dokely :ok::biggrin:

Thailand is OK...but Singapore will make you a man...and the back alleys of Hong Kong...oh man! Thailand gets a bad rap from people who think New Orleans is a good time...trust me, one could find a whole lot more stuff that people wont believe in the places I mentioned...man a trip to Malaysia and places like the legendary "Alaskan Bush Company" are kindergarten. Oh, and dont forget Guam (especially since they import European "talent" there).

I've been to Hong Kong. I thought it was overrated. Malaysia was frankly a surprise (in a good way). Singapore was pretty much tops though. Although it's a legitimately nice place, so I'm reluctance to rape horses and steal women to the same degree as in a place like Thailand. Plus the SPGs weren't anywhere near as in love with "Chocolate Man" as the Thais were. Which, I'm pretty sure, is something Sidd would want to know.

Strictly so he knows to beat them off with a stick on his way to building a new church for blind orphans, of course.

I've been to Hong Kong. I thought it was overrated. Malaysia was frankly a surprise (in a good way). Singapore was pretty much tops though. Although it's a legitimately nice place, so I'm reluctance to rape horses and steal women to the same degree as in a place like Thailand. Plus the SPGs weren't anywhere near as in love with "Chocolate Man" as the Thais were. Which, I'm pretty sure, is something Sidd would want to know.

Strictly so he knows to beat them off with a stick on his way to building a new church for blind orphans, of course.

yo iss cool about the females yo :good:

i jus gotta figure out which ones are really MEN :blink: [digg meeh?? :biggrin: ]

yo iss cool about the females yo :good:

i jus gotta figure out which ones are really MEN :blink: [digg meeh?? :biggrin: ]

I am shocked and appalled that a sailor such as yourself hasn't been properly trained in Gender Recognition Techniques (Sausage Check). Seek out your TPO or LPO for training upon arrival in the 7th Fleet AOR. At absolute worst before your first liberty port.

This training is CRU-CI-AL.

I am shocked and appalled that a sailor such as yourself hasn't been properly trained in Gender Recognition Techniques (Sausage Check). Seek out your TPO or LPO for training upon arrival in the 7th Fleet AOR. At absolute worst before your first liberty port.

This training is CRU-CI-AL.

true :wink:

well, basically we know that most women aren't so quick to just COME ON to a guy in a split second.....

what i do know is if in thailand and a chick comes up and just starts feelin on you and shii, something is not right..... :no:

.....this "female" may have certain manly features about the face, not to mention the overall build..... :ok:

but i see where i am deficient..... :yes:

i will complete this training as soon as possible..... :biggrin:

Have fun man! Im so envious of you though! because Im obsessed with Japan and it's culture!

true :wink:

well, basically we know that most women aren't so quick to just COME ON to a guy in a split second.....

what i do know is if in thailand and a chick comes up and just starts feelin on you and shii, something is not right..... :no:

Actually that is entirely normal. No bull dude, you will almost literally have to beat them off with a stick.

Actually that is entirely normal. No bull dude, you will almost literally have to beat them off with a stick.

i understand, but it's just that i might run into one of those kickboxers and might be ill-prepared..... :blink:

i can hold my own now, but i ain't got time for kung-fu flicks lol :biggrin:

Again, all kidding aside...the AIDS rate is epidemic...and a condom wont always protect you...so go be liberal if you want, but life is too short to spend it next to Rock Hudson

Oh...and there are worst diseases than AIDS too...

I ran across a several hookers in the Philippines several years ago. Being at the tender young age of 15 it was an eye opener. I swear she ripped a line off of Full Metal Jacket

"You hab girlpriend Pillipines?"

Fortunately my old man was showed up and beat my ass out of the alley.

Edited by bucklehead101