Sign in to follow this  
MadJeff

New vid 08/07/03

After a week or so off, we get a new 'official' video today. This one details an AI-controlled ground battle with tanks, infantry fighting vehicles, artillery, multiple rocket launchers, SAMS, and AAA. The action shown is from the Russian perspective, next week we get the NATO perspective.

Battle-RU-1.jpg

Battle-RU-2.jpg

Battle-RU-3.jpg

Battle-RU-4.jpg

Grab the new 6.4Mb WMV video here.

The explosions and detail in this vid is awesome, one of the best vids yet.

I have to agree to a point.

Bad

The explosions were too close in fact some were identical.

Smoke was good but no wind effect.

Good

The action is going to be fun! :D

Bad

Good

Regarding the bad point.. Are you serious? Some of the explosions were identical..?? Who cares! This is a flight sim (not a real life video). There HAS to be similarities with stuff like that. Remember, you'll be flying along killing that stuff on the ground which will be in sight briefly until you turn away.. I doubt that you'll be noticing stuff like identical explosions..

Sheesh! Some people need to nit-pick less on unimportant issues and just enjoy what they see. Honestly, it's like you were LOOKING for something to complain about. I'm not attacking you but I disagree with the things that people spend time picking over..

Keep it all in context. This is a FLight Sim, not a movie maker. Stuff will be flying past you at a great speed several hundred feet below your aircraft.

striiker.jpg

God that looks just the way I always thought Red Storm Rising looked in my mind, unba-freakin-lievable.

Just think now if you eject you could land in the middle of a large land battle.

Man! This games gonna be F*CKIN BAD ASS!!!

WAY WAY WAY better than the battles in IL2 and FB... The explosions are way better and the smoke trails... but the big difference... the wheels move on the vehicles. :lol:

AWesome....but I'm thinkin one thing....

When's the Helicopter mod gonna be released.... This would be awesome in the Apache.....see that tree line curving with the road...pop up outta their and BOOM!!!! The A-10 is gonna shake some foundations!!!

Can you imagine this battle at night with illumination flares, tracers, missile streaks, explosions etc?!!??!

I think I'll just make some missions and watch the AI do it's thing. Amazing.

THAT WAS KEWL! That was the best Ive seen for an AI land battle. The SPA got pummeled by the rocket launchers. That was very cool. The graphics are gettin bad to the bone.

Ya know Fates, Id like to see a mod or an addon that allows you to control the land battle too, at least to a degree. Not so much each individual unit, that could bog down too much, but say company or platoon size up to regiment. Have a "strategic" map where you give units commands to move to such and such a point. plan your air attack accordingly, with CAP of course. Then join the battle as a pilot doing your part. Kinda like Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe. You could plan out the air campaign, then once you lauch it join the battle as a pilot.

LMAO- Whatever! :roll:

Bad

Good

What needs to happen is a set of sequals based on the LOMAC engine to include in no specific order a Heloe sim, Tank sim, and then infantry sim (something along the lines of OFP) which will all be intergrated with each other online. Your buddy in California is leading a group of tanks, while another buddy in Ohio is flying in a group of apaches, and another buddy in Florida is leading a squad of troops on the ground, and your buddy in the UK is flying with his squadron of Mig29Ks to provide air cover. All in real time, perfectly synked, and working together.

Impossible? who knows, but looking at the kind of detail that we are seeing this sim I cant help but wonder "What If". :idea::wink:

Imagine being a ground troop (1st person perspective like in OFP) and walking around that landscape and how vast that would be. Would be awsome.lol

No way dude, It would not be any fun as a trooper with non AI helo's and tanks and Jets all trying to kill you. I would dig myself a 10 ft. foxhole (damn that would be cool if that was in game) and just peep my head out occasionaly and wait for the sh*t to end... of course theres respawns :twisted: But... give the infantryman an assorted arsenal like stingers and AT guns, now we have somethin.

Actually Seawolf, its not a bad Idea. :D

<C>

Mista Saffell

Sheesh! Some people need to nit-pick less on unimportant issues and just enjoy what they see. Honestly, it's like you were LOOKING for something to complain about. I'm not attacking you but I disagree with the things that people spend time picking over..  

Keep it all in context. This is a FLight Sim, not a movie maker. Stuff will be flying past you at a great speed several hundred feet below your aircraft.  

I made and obervation and posted my thougths.

Your post was fair. You stated your points, and were mature about it.

I respect that and thank you for your feedback. Please see my final comment on Lo-Mac. I ended it with a positive comment.

I am sure you spent countless hours on your rebuttal Seawolf.

LMAO- Whatever!   :roll:  

See above about mature posts.

Nope :lol:

I respect that and thank you for your feedback. Please see my final comment on Lo-Mac. I ended it with a positive comment.

Well, I respect that people will say what they feel and your last point in the original post was not lost on me. This was the last board I came to after having read so many people picking on points that don't merrit discussion due to the fact that this is a flight sim (so I was a little jaded). The battlefield needs to look chaotic when you see it (briefly on your attack runs then perhaps in the rear-view mirrors as you exit the area quickly).

The Dev team has put in a phenominal amount of work on the small details while striving to maintin a reasonable frame-rate (so I don't imagine the smoke's gonna blow or linger as long as some would like to see but in the end, you'll see some smoke comming from stuff you just blew up and that will satisfy the majority out there) The explosions looked beyond great! Imagine seeing that stuff going up as iwe saw in the video when you're rolling in on a battlefield behind another flight which just laid waste to the Air Defence and some other targets! I am worried that I'll be too stunned at the viisual feast before me that I'll fly myself into the ground! :shock:

Regardless, I am sure you and I and everyone else will agree that this is the best flight sim yet once we start flying in it!

striiker.jpg

Yes, yes it will be a fine sim. I dont care about the nit pickiness; this game's gonna kick ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!