Ugly ?

By Blackburn's standards, she's positively beautiful! Do an internet search on the Blackburn Blackburn, and you'll see what I mean... but beauty... just seeing a Bucc, wrapped in her own vapour cloud, running along on her own private air cushion at 11ft altitude nudging the mach... kinda made you want to sing Rule Britannia at the top of your lungs!

SB

kinda made you want to sing Rule Britannia at the top of your lungs!

I can hum it?! :biggrin:

Can I hum God Save the King instead?

The Bucc is a big girl. :biggrin:

She's not ugly, she's just well proportioned.

She's got curves where they should be, she's rock solid when things get down and dirty, she's got power, she's got speed. She's got stamina.

Ok, she might take some handling on a final approach but then what self-respecting old lady doesn't !

Have some respect ! :wink:

Guess you can't call it too ugly :biggrin:

Buccaneer_DF-ST-83-04580.jpg

Love the old Bucc. As an Aircraft nut since the young age of 9 yrs old(10 years ago) I have been studying all sorts of aircraft from all countries but there is something about this aircraft that just catches my eye. Cant wait to be behind the stick on one of these baby's!!!

Gorgeous aircraft as far as I'm concerned. Did the job for both the RN and the RAF. Perhaps the most potent low level strike aircraft in NATO's arsenal.

Yeah and the South African Air Force 24 squadron used them on strike missions deep into Angola from mid 70's until the end of the war in 1989, never lost one in combat all those years.

As they say "Gone But Not Forgotten"

bucc.jpg

bucc.jpg

With a bit more time, I've begun tinkering again on another old classic, the Javelin. Managed to to utilize an old '50's flypast for sound.

But if anyone wants to build their own Harmonious Dragmaster, feel free. So far, this has taken me years.

img00051a.jpg

That's gotta be one of the ugliest planes I've ever seen!

been to an optician lately? :tomato:

look at those flowing curves, how can you call that ugly (unless you are on the receiving end of her claws)?

Hinch, I've been waiting on that Javelin as long as you have been building it ... :wink:

Beauty is in the eye of the beer...err...beholder my friend.

Ok she's starting to look flyable, I just need a couple more beers...

With a bit more time, I've begun tinkering again on another old classic, the Javelin. Managed to to utilize an old '50's flypast for sound.

But if anyone wants to build their own Harmonious Dragmaster, feel free. So far, this has taken me years.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Hin...e/img00051a.jpg

Hey Hinch, did you ever get those shots I tried to send you? I don't know if they ever got through as I was using Outlook at the time and am not that affluent with it.

Hinch, I've been waiting on that Javelin as long as you have been building it ... wink.gif

BUFF,

Yeah, I know it's taken me forever. That's why I offer the disclaimer that if anyone else wants to build one............ feel free. Forget two weeks........ how about three years! But the last time I managed to grab some modelling time, I got a lot of stuff done, so I'm hoping to kick things further down the road. I'm down to finishing the undercarriage/animation................ general tidying-up/painting................... and trying to work out the .ini file.

Hey Hinch, did you ever get those shots I tried to send you? I don't know if they ever got through as I was using Outlook at the time and am not that affluent with it.

JimmyBib,

No, sorry I didn't receive any shots. If you want to try again, you can reach me at Hinchinbrooke1963 (At) Yaho0 (doT) com. Thanks.

I've noticed you Brits like the Bucc as much as us Yanks like the Tomcat.

Im from the US and I love both aircraft because to me they are not only symbolic but gorgeous aircraft in their own right! Guess being an aircraft buff since the age of 9 is a good thing. Oh BTW guys Joining the USAF on Monday!!!!

Im from the US and I love both aircraft because to me they are not only symbolic but gorgeous aircraft in their own right! Guess being an aircraft buff since the age of 9 is a good thing. Oh BTW guys Joining the USAF on Monday!!!!

Congrats Falcon! A friend of mine just joined the Navy and is going to become a (wait for it) HrntFixr :biggrin:

I've noticed you Brits like the Bucc as much as us Yanks like the Tomcat.

The Bucc. (like those other aircraft of roughly the same era Lightning, Vulcan etc.) was a superb & potent design.

When it first went to Red Flag it shocked the USAF with it's capability in the hands of it's crews.

Even today if it had modern systems there would be few aircraft that would better it in it's intended role.

The pilots loved it -as they said "the only replacement for the Buccaneer is another Buccaneer".

But like the F-14 (which I feel lucky to have seen fly & display) they all fell foul of age & increasing cost/serviceability.

I always liked the Bucc...and ugly? You phantom fanatics forget her name? The Double Ugly...