Sign in to follow this  
Silverbolt

A upcoming South America War?

Ok, Let me explain the sequences of Facts...

:blink: All Starts this Weekend, then 2 Super Tucanos of Colombian Airforce enter in Ecuatorian Airspace to Strike the No.2 of FARC,(colombian narc Terrorists)Raul Reyes and kill him.

than Hugo Chavez put 5 Armoured Veichles, some Su-30 and CF-5A positioned in Colombian Border with Colombia.

Than the Ecuatorean Embassator said the Strike was a War Act because the Colombia's Super Tucanos did not have the apropriated permission to Stike in Ecuatorean Ground.

The Ecuatorean President pull off the Embassator from Bogotá(it ever happens before a War Declaration! :blink: )

Colombian President, Alvaro Uribe reinforced the Venezuela's Border with Kfirs, F-1s and Ground Troops(I did not understand Alvaro Uribe....if he have US influency and cooperation why didn't buy something modern, like F-16C or F-18E?)

and Now appears the notice: Colombia: Evidence suggests Chavez gave FARC $300M......

I ever think Chavez was looking for a pretext to he's War , to Stay on the Power and Distract venezoelan population attention.

So, it's now or never for chavez and im scary he do something stupid!

I Hope this Cold war here stop sooner before it's burn...

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americas...mbia/index.html

IIRC FARC controls 1/3 of colombian territory, or even more, and suddenly they want to get rid of a high ranking farc leader by invading a foreign sovereign nation. why don't they clean up their own back yard first? this sounds like a pretext for war, yes, but coming from colombian side.. yeah, i know ecuador may be refuge for farc but nevertheless colombia should deal with the situation in their own country first, and then, only with permission, conduct operations abroad

just my 2 cents

300 million!!!

wow be surprised if Chavez let that go - the amount of SU-30s he could have bought with that.

I dont know what to think tbh - dont pay much attention to what the press say - all twisted to suit their own agendas really.

Just hope they dont go to war really

Dont know if the FAV got all their SUs yet - they have a few good old F-16s left

(I did not understand Alvaro Uribe....if he have US influency and cooperation why didn't buy something modern, like F-16C or F-18E?)

Good buddies or not, you don't get these aircraft for free, you know? :wink:

Also, recalling ambassadors does not mean that a war is imminent, just that there is severe friction between two nations

(FYI: Serbia has recalled several of its ambassadors after the countries they were serving in acknowledged the independence of the Kosovo. However, I do not think that Serbia is going to declare war against half of Europe now.)

Edited by Gocad

If a war between Columbia and Ecuador starts, the air war would be interesting since they both have Kfirs.

I really hope a war doesn't start now.

I think if you neighbor are supporting who wants destroy you is a pretext to a War as lebanon war.... Iran giving money to hamas and delivering Rockets inBeirute airport, it's a similar case and started a war.

the World today are being strange no more wars between nations, but against separatists and terrorists.

btw chavez don't like Uribe, if Chavez really like the Farc, why don't he call them for venezuelas territory... same to ecuador.

..., if Chavez really like the Farc, why don't he call them for venezuelas territory... same to ecuador.

The FARC is recognized as a terror organization and willingly open your border for them wouldn't be a smart move, especially when you miss no chance to explain to the world that a superpower is constantly plotting to invade your small, innocent nation and to remove a saint of a leader from power...

Edited by Gocad

well..............

long-standing precedent in international law for unilateral strikes into another country to take out a guerrilla target (leader, support, facility, etc.) that is waging war against your country. Hardly unprecedented particularly when you have two neighbors who are providing significant, material support to that force.

but it will fall far short of actual war. Neither of the instigators (Chavez in Venezuela or Correa in Ecuador) have the guts to actually wage war against a real opponent that can shoot back. They are quite content to back the terrorist, bandit guerillas from the safety of hundreds of miles of jungle.

FAC planes

10 A-37B

9 Mirage 5

14 Tucanos

12 Kfir C-7/TC-7

25 Super tucanos

FAE planes:

7 BAC 167 Mk.89

14 A-37B

15 Mirage F-1JE/B

14 IAI Kfir C-2/CE/TC-2

8 Sepecat jaguar S/B(Stored)

Edited by Silverbolt

This is an interesting situation. Correa tries to pass off as a strong guy, always holding national parades and rallies as a show of power and national unity to its citizens, but from what I hear my parents, family, and the little amount of Ecuadorian TV I watch (yeah, I'm Ecuadorian), it almost seems like the people are tired of him, tired of strikes, tired of poverty. This altercation could be what Correa was looking for to finally unite the country in one cause. Will the people call his bluff, or will they fall in? Who knows....

Good buddies or not, you don't get these aircraft for free, you know? :wink:

Also, recalling ambassadors does not mean that a war is imminent, just that there is severe friction between two nations

(FYI: Serbia has recalled several of its ambassadors after the countries they were serving in acknowledged the independence of the Kosovo. However, I do not think that Serbia is going to declare war against half of Europe now.)

It's not the same situation - heck, this is South America we're talking about, such an issue would be perfect for such hot-temperate guys like Chavez to really get going (I saw his speech, it really DID sound like he chews coca leaves every morning as he himself admitted - that crazy asshole...) . And neither of those countries has NATO or the UN bearing down on it should they decide to go to war - it would be a simple local conflict where nobody else will really want to get their hands messy - not even the americans I bet... (unless they black-op support the Colombians and have some of their F-22's take out some of Chavez's Su-30's... :rofl: ) . Though I must agree with Kesegy, Colombia should have cleaned itself up first and then made a move abroad, with permission of course...