Sign in to follow this  
Gunrunner

European tileset, which one are you using ?

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which European tileset(s) are you using ?

• Deuces' European Tileset for SFP1
    • ThirdWire Wings over Europe Tileset
    • Deuces Enhanced Wings over Europe Tileset
    • Max188's High Definition European Tileset
    • Brain32's Photorealistic European Tileset
    • Other

Well, I finally ported my entire Central European setup from WoE to WoI and am putting some finishing touches like the new parking system, getting some coherence in the weapons and the menus, and then modified cities to have better use of neighborhoods, with "historic" centres, better defined suburban zones, projects on the outskirts and commercial and office large buildings.

So, I decided to search for a "better" tileset than the one I was using so far.

I've found a few :

- TW's original, of course, a tad on the pale and yellow side.

- Deuces' enhanced tileset, used in NATO Fighters, with darker, richer color, that I'm using right now.

- Max188's high definition tileset, which seems to be an enlarged, blurred and modified version of either the original or Deuces' tiles.

- Brain32's photorealistic tileset, which is absolutely stunning but seems more repetitive than the others.

So first, which one are you using yourself, and then, why did you chose that one over the others (or if you use one I'm not aware of, a link would be nice ^^).

Anyway, many thanks to Deuces, Max188, Brain32 and the other tilemakers for their great work.

got all,now I use Razbam

Brain's 32 simply rocks and combined with Stary work its simply awesome!

got all,now I use Razbam

Was thinking of buying that, I have their WoV terrain and like it.

Currently have 3 WOE terrains - I just rename the folder to GermanyCE for the one I want to use

1.Brains new realistic one

2.Razbam (Edwards) one

3.Stock tile repaint (Max 188 ) with Starys trees

am using no 3 at the mo cos it supports the highway runway mod, Farms, and trees mod, and the lines between the tiles are blended in well.

Brain32's is fantastic. I use the buildings from Polaks desert tiles thanks to Fubar512

Was thinking of buying that, I have their WoV terrain and like it.

It's a great terrain Nicky! :ok:

I use RazBam's WoE and WoV. I'm looking for a good one for SFgold and I'm sure there will be some for WoI soon.

OK, I'm curious, does Razbam tileset allow for highway strips ?

Does it add anything in term of objectives, features, airbase design ?

I don't know the answers to your questions, I like RazBams tileset simply because it looks better while im in the air.

Well, I finally ported my entire Central European setup from WoE to WoI and am putting some finishing touches like the new parking system, getting some coherence in the weapons and the menus, and then modified cities to have better use of neighborhoods, with "historic" centres, better defined suburban zones, projects on the outskirts and commercial and office large buildings.

So, I decided to search for a "better" tileset than the one I was using so far.

I've found a few :

- TW's original, of course, a tad on the pale and yellow side.

- Deuces' enhanced tileset, used in NATO Fighters, with darker, richer color, that I'm using right now.

- Max188's high definition tileset, which seems to be an enlarged, blurred and modified version of either the original or Deuces' tiles.

- Brain32's photorealistic tileset, which is absolutely stunning but seems more repetitive than the others.

So first, which one are you using yourself, and then, why did you chose that one over the others (or if you use one I'm not aware of, a link would be nice ^^).

Anyway, many thanks to Deuces, Max188, Brain32 and the other tilemakers for their great work.

I have tried all of these fin terrains .... and they all have very strong points and much to recommend, but here are my comments ...

--Deuces, I concur with your comments, but I find some of the colors grate my senses like pulling your nails across a blackboard, so it is not used anymore.

--Max188, I concur with your comments, but I don't understand the bluring, so it is used occassionally.

--Brain32, I concur with your comments, but eventually the repetition wears you down, so it is not used anymore.

--TW, I like pale especially from high altitude, doesn't seem yellow to me, so I use this most often.

I did use the highway strip on the razbam set - the forests mod looks out of place on the tileset though which is a shame but it comes with its own limited tree set. The tiles do look nice - but there are too many visible edges for my liking which is why im not using it at the mo.

I dont mind paying for something as badly needed as a WOE terrain - though its a bit steep at $15 when you consider that Toms HiTiles for Falcon 4: Allied Force is only $12 and has 4 different seasonal tilesets for both the Korean and Balkan maps (and very little noticable edges)

The set looks okay from certain angles anyway:

Razbam1

F-16A_B5.jpg

Razbam 2

BirdDog1.jpg

HITiles for AF

2008-05-06_22_30_32.jpg

I thought about getting the korea tileset they sell, but they don't have enough pics to help me decide, same with the WOV and WOE and their aircraft.

I'm quite happy with brain32's tiles and CA_starry's amazing TOD work. Actual forrests and jungles, making the terrain almost on par with the aircraft of the sim.

Damn, so many choices...

Tristan, sorry to have forgotten you (especially since I still use your desert tiles for some installs), but I don't have it around and you apparently pulled it out of CA.

Anyway, I'll have to find some infinite free time and some graphic talent now that I got into my small brain to introduce seasons into WoEinWoI -_- (the WoI engine inherited seasons from FE, and they work fine).

Tristan, sorry to have forgotten you (especially since I still use your desert tiles for some installs), but I don't have it around and you apparently pulled it out of CA.

No need to apologize :dntknw: . Since I'm now using the tiles exclusively for my own consumption I didn't expect my stuff to be included in the list.

Edited by Tristan

In "default" NATO 2 install I am using currently Max188's ones +farms&forests +runway mod

Brain32's tiles fits IMHO better in Formosa and recent beta of Baltika's Iceland 2015, until new tiles comes out for the last one.