Sign in to follow this  
Basher11

Looks like we can design some ground battles with Mi-35

You're a brave person flying at such altitude...

Um, aren't they called CAS mission??? And easily selectable from the main menu?? As long as the aircraft has the correct MissionType= callout listed??

You don't want to try that when the DS mod finally get released ... many of the vehicles (trucks, APCs, etc) shoot back....

Wrench

kevin stein

Ohboy. I didn't make the 3D rocket exhaust with such slow helicoptor-esque launch speeds in mind.

Basher, you might want to edit the EmissionRates. At such low speeds, you don't need so many particles. Save framerates too. Also, fewer particles may offer less chance of that linear streak pattern appearing in the smoke.

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

Guest Vlamik

Well, I don't know if you guys are able to answer me, but i'm gonna ask it anyway: kreelin's FM is already out? If not, how much needs to be done? Thx in advance.

...kreelin's FM is already out? ...

Not yet... But stay tuned cause the first public release of it will come with Marcfighters Mi-8. According to what I know Marcelo is finalizing last details so it can come faster than you think :rolleyes: . Unfortyunately the FM was optimized for WOI (or the coming new patch) only

Edited by kreelin

Unfortyunately the FM was optimized for WOI (or the coming new patch) only

Yummy... Which Mi-8 is that going to be?

Guest Vlamik
Not yet... But stay tuned cause the first public release of it will come with Marcfighters Mi-8. According to what I know Marcelo is finalizing last details so it can come faster than you think :rolleyes: . Unfortyunately the FM was optimized for WOI (or the coming new patch) only

Oh, thanks! I'm looking forward to it :clapping:

Can you do this? :biggrin:

:ph34r:

And this mod so cool...

Mi-17-17_resize.JPG

Err... That's a Mi-17. :biggrin:

Now you ask me if the Marfighters Mi-8 can takeoff like what the video shows ? I would say "no way" cause TK's series are just "lite sim" and not really dedicated helo sim but... :wink:

Edited by kreelin

THAT is some fantastic flying\wheeling\endoing :biggrin:

Edited by Atreides

That's a Mi-17.

Same Hip with a few bells and whistles :wink:

Viper,

Need to repost that second pic, I didn't see a helicopter :biggrin:

Not perfect but hey....

Wow! :good:

Viper,

Need to repost that second pic, I didn't see a helicopter :biggrin:

True dat!

I only some painted on shorts, and other unmentionables, but there is definately no helo...

:biggrin:

Is that in WoI? I tried adding the Cobra to the IAF lineup and the blades wouldnt spin. In fact it flew pretty poorly.

Storm

Reduce the rotordiameter callout; I can't remember the exact figure, but Capun had said something about it...try 10.0 and see what happens.

WoI changed a HUGE amount of FM stuff...like the WW2 prop planes are all very wonky...I'm not sure if new FMs are in the works. (I mean, somebody's must be fiddling with them, but I just don't know who)

Wrench

kevin stein

This is from Capun's tech support thread:

It seems that there is a bug with WoI that will be adressed in the next patch.

This bug causes the main rotors of any helicopter to stop working but the tail rotors seem to work fine.

There is a temporary workaround found by Kreelin.

To fix it, open the helicopter's data ini. For this example we will use the Mi--24

Look for the Engine3 system type that drives the main rotor

[Engine3]

SystemType=PROP_ENGINE

InputName=THROTTLE_CONTROL

EngineID=3

NumBlades=5

PropDiameter=8.1 <- use this value instead of the stock 17.3

// 17.3

The rotor stops working with a propDiameter=8.2, where is the actual break down between 8.1 and 8.2 has not been found and not deemed worth the trouble to define it.

I tried using 8.1 and no joy. Changed it to 8.0 and now it works fine with all the choppers I have in WOI.

Is that in WoI? I tried adding the Cobra to the IAF lineup and the blades wouldnt spin. In fact it flew pretty poorly.

Storm

Yeah it's WOI... And the last WOI patch resolves the blades spin issue (without editing the ini). Now as Kevin said all copters FM need to be reworked for WOI and of course the coming SFP1/WOV/WOE patch.

Edited by kreelin

Kreelin, I do have the April patch installed in WoI, so apparently it still is broke. I'll try the ini edit and go from there.

Thanks all.

Storm