I really love this mod, it´s spectacular, but i have a real problem, i installed it on SFP 1 and works perfectly, but when i hit ESC to go to debrief, it crashes and kicks me out to windows, i tried almost everything, low graphics, re installed few times, tried to change controls, but nothing works, the game work great until i hit ESC or the button i choose to go to debrief when i change it, it always crash, somebody with a solution? please?

Speak Spanish? go Foro en Castellano (ahí encontras unos viciosos del mod), if you don't, try new video card drivers and installing with latest patch before applying the mod, i used to have same problem and now don't.... :salute:

First of all - i must say Falklands mod is one of the best for SF1, IMHO. Many thanks to its creators, their work is just great.

ktickner6767

I had that problem with my ATI HD3870. Flickering water tiles and shining sea at night on MEDIUM quality settings (on HIGH there were no problems, but I suffered heavy FPS loss). Looks like it depends of video card model. There is the solution that works for me (SFP1, patch V30.08.06). In Malvinas_data.INI (Terrain\Malvinas folder) i replaced [WaterTextureMaterial] section with:

[WaterTextureMaterial]

DepthBufferCheck=TRUE

DepthBufferWrite=FALSE

RenderedInOrder=TRUE

AlphaTestEnabled=TRUE

CullMode=CLOCKWISE

LightEnabled=TRUE

SpecularEnabled=TRUE

EmissiveEnabled=FALSE

FogEnabled=TRUE

AmbientColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000

DiffuseColor=1.000000,1.000000,1.000000,1.000000

SpecularColor=0.500000,0.500000,0.500000,1.000000

SpecularPower=5.000000

Reflectivity=1.00000

ZBufferOffset=4.000000

BlendOp=BLEND_SRC_ALPHA

NumTextureStages=2

TextureStage[01].TextureName=

TextureStage[01].MipMap=TRUE

TextureStage[01].FilterEnabled=TRUE

TextureStage[01].StageColorOp=TEXTURE_MODULATE_DIFFUSE

TextureStage[01].StageAlphaOp=TEXTURE

TextureStage[02].TextureName=

TextureStage[02].MipMap=TRUE

TextureStage[02].FilterEnabled=TRUE

TextureStage[02].ReflectionMapping=TRUE

TextureStage[02].StageColorOp=TEXTURE_BLEND_TEXTURE_ALPHA

TextureStage[02].StageAlphaOp=DIFFUSE

Now my sea looks as stock (a bit darker, and texture is not so good), but no more flickering.

Now about awards. Text files ArgMCM.TXT, ArgMMG.TXT, UKMedalAFC.TXT... and other award text files should be placed to Missions folder. There will be no need in mumbo-jumbo with paths in MedalsARG.INI and MedalsUK.INI (note this two files must stay in Flight folder)

Citation string must contain only filename, ex. Citation=UKMedalVC.txt with no path at all. Now you can install game to any folder you like without changing Medals...INI

And for last about CTD's. It happens sometimes during campaign when campaign engine starts randomly generated Anti-Ship missions.

So I changed in Malvinas1_Data.ini and Operation_Corporate_Data.ini

MissionChance[ANTI_SHIP]=... to 0 for all squadrons.

Playing 2 weeks - not a single CTD. :good:

Hope it helps. And sorry for my English - it is not my native language... :blush:

I haven't understood why change the possibility about the anti-ship missions,I noticed that there were anti-ship missions made by Argentina.Another question is possible use the Super Etendard's radar because I can't turn on it?

I really love this mod, it´s spectacular, but i have a real problem, i installed it on SFP 1 and works perfectly, but when i hit ESC to go to debrief, it crashes and kicks me out to windows, i tried almost everything, low graphics, re installed few times, tried to change controls, but nothing works, the game work great until i hit ESC or the button i choose to go to debrief when i change it, it always crash, somebody with a solution? please?

Are you using Vista?

WEAPONS?

Installed it to WOV which I patched first with the Oct 2008 patch... installed the mod. Runs fine, just there are no weapons load outs. Any ideas?

WEAPONS?

Installed it to WOV which I patched first with the Oct 2008 patch... installed the mod. Runs fine, just there are no weapons load outs. Any ideas?

run the weapons editor for the latest patch

see the knowledge base for questions

run the weapons editor for the latest patch

see the knowledge base for questions

Hmmm... sorry I'm new here n very lost. Is that a weapons editor for WOV or for the mod, and where can I find it?... where is the knowledge base?

Hmmm... sorry I'm new here n very lost. Is that a weapons editor for WOV or for the mod, and where can I find it?... where is the knowledge base?

the weapon editor for the 08 patch can be found in the downloads section at the Thirdwire site

http://www.thirdwire.com/community.htm

and here at CA

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=6075

in the downloads section.

The knowledge base is here at

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showforum=99

I haven't understood why change the possibility about the anti-ship missions,I noticed that there were anti-ship missions made by Argentina.Another question is possible use the Super Etendard's radar because I can't turn on it?

Because the campaign engine in the game doesn't support anit-ship missions. If it does try to generate one, it will CTD. Change the chances to 0 and that problem goes away.

Edited by malibu43

Tried this a long time ago with SFP1 and didnt get anywhere, now I've bought SFG and tried again.

Installed game, patched game, deleted folders/files as instructed, installed replacement files and edited the medal lists, the game loads however the main menu screen is corupted and all I see is a copywrite message (bottom left) and bleed through to my desk-top clock, otherrwise the screen is totally black.

I've went through the process three times to the same effect.

Any idea what I've screwed up?

Craig dntknw.gif

Just tried again, no bleed through though still just a copywright message and version 08.30.06 in the right hand corner.

I am right in thinking that SFG V.08.30.06 is equivelent to SFP1 SP4 aren't I?

Craig

Found another thread stating that 05/25/06 is the patch to use with this mod so tried again using that one to the same effect as before.

Everything installed in the right place, main menu music playing, menu screen black... just about ready to give up again :this:

Craig

hello everybody I am a problem with the KC-130 does not trim the hose to supply and jude and my SFP1 I'M USING Falkland 1982 All-Inclusive MOD

after a comp crash I managed to get it working with SFP1.

My verdict:

Safer to stop and land than land and stop my ass lol

So far my recovery attepmts include bouning off the deck of invincible and running out of fuel before coming around, stalling at 50 knots bcause I was overloaded with fuel, and smashing into Fearless' superstructure after ralising I didnt have fuel to make it back home... Also having a hard time locating targets on the deck... taken out a C-130 and 6 Mirages in 3 mission thougho must be doing something right :)

Thanks guys, been overlooking this one for far to long.

Craig

I know it´s easy to me just to ask for Falkland 82 mod go for SF2 standart , but this is one of the top mods for me.

So,please, can you think about it? :spiteful:

I've noticed a strange problem with both the Westland Sea King (RN and Argentinian),often the rotors stop working and the helicopter fly as a glider.How can I do for resolve this problem?

Best regards,

Teo

Increase the fuel drastically!

Somebody could make a weaponsdata.ini with the mod weapons listed only , as well as the gundata.ini , that would make it MUCH easier to install into already modified WoX installments, If anybody has it , PM me please, this is giving me a headache :lol:

So i havent flown this for awhile,thought i'd crack it out,and then...... On start-up i get a blank screen,task manager sez game is running but im getting a movie-player error mssg saying "Failed(0x80004002) to set drain for gmxintro.avi-this sample is designed to play videos,but the file selected has no video component" then i get a CTD

I thought a reinstall would be an idea,however the same happened on a clean SFG install before i install the Falkland mod.

What has happened,am i missing a file somewhere? My WoE NF install works fine.......

Cheers,Jayo

....... so i edited out the intro movie line in the startup.ini,works ok so best left alone!

Still running fine,however is there a way to stop both Argentine and British AI helicopters from performing impossible aerobatics during missions?

Also what exactly are they (the helicopters) doing during the campaign missions? e.g Two SeaKings hovering (in a vertical position) over the coastline at 5000ft?

What exactly means SP4,where i can find it:this: Does anyone know please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...in any combination ( sf1 patch level SFP1_p083006, wov WOV_p083006) my harrier crash into the see (ground) when they fly low, mentor does not work including VulcanB2 when the game starts it crashes. :blink: where did I go wrong, help me please!