Hi Bigstone,

You answered your own question re the weapon loadout issue.

The Midway campaign, and Bunyap's Weapons Pack, was designed for an older version of TK's engine - v 083006. You will see in the readme that I specify patching your game to that build.

The latest patch is Oct '08, and if you have applied that patch to your WoE install, you will need to recompile your WEAPONDATA.DAT file. Here's how:

1. D/L the latest Weapons Editor from TK's site, and install it.

2. Set compatability mode in the wep editor to Windows 95

3. Using the weapon editor, browse to your WoE/Objects/Weapons folder and open the WEAPONDATA.INI file (the one that came with Buny's wep pack)

4. In wep editor, open up any weapon and save it. Close the window.

5. In wep editor, click the save button and close the editor.

Now, go fly, and check your weps are available.

You will note that there may be FM issues with some of the older WW2 birds using the Oct '08 patch. This is a well known and discussed matter, and the upshot is, a lot of the older birds need a thorough FM overhaul to bring them up to current standard.

Like many folks round here, including our new arrivals from the world of CFS3 modding, I am of the view that the latest build of TK's engine is the best thing going for prop FMs, in terms of FM, AI, the works. Just try FE patched to the latest build and see what I mean. The down side is, that FM modders are few and far between, and those we do have, have their hands full with a lot of projects. So, short of peter01 deciding he's going to turn into a WW2 prophead and re-do all the WW2 FMs, your best bet is to stick with the v083006 build for your WW2 installs, at least for now.

Of course, your mileage may vary. Like Wrench, I have an experimental Oct '08 patched WW2 install which I take for a spin now and then. Spin usually being the operative word.

Anyhoo, once you have followed the above steps, let me know if your weps appear.

Cheers,

And thanks for sticking with the WW2 stuff.

Baltika

Sorry but where do I place the weapon editor? I tried to run it and nothing happens?

Thank you it worked. Now for the bombs what type of dumb bombs are supposed to be used? Say for example for the SBD?

Dude, all the weapons are already set in the various aircraft's loadout inis. All the work has already been done for you.

Go fly

Wrench

kevin stein

Thank you it worked. Now for the bombs what type of dumb bombs are supposed to be used? Say for example for the SBD?

Glad you got your weapons to show up :good:

Like Wrench says, all the work has been done. The a/c loadout.ini specifies default loadouts for each mission type. The Midway_data.ini file, in the Campaigns/Midway folder, specifies what supplies are available to each unit throughout the campaign. If you want to customise your loadouts for a particular mission, you can change things round from the HANGAR screen by pushing the "loadout" button and selecting your weps from the drop down menu from each hardpoint.

Go fly!

Blow stuff up!

And I welcome your feedback on campaign difficulty levels, win/lose parameters, what you think of the way naval CAS missions play out, and whether the USN can actually beat the Japanese in this campaign - I'm still trying :rolleyes:

I "sort of" modded a SBD into a TBD.

It's slow and you get your a** shot off but it carries a torpedo and launches it pretty well.

It kinda looks like a TBD.

As with the real Midway campaign most of the TBD's didn't come back.

The japanese were more afraid of the torpedo planes,so they concentrated on shooting them down and leaving the dive bombers alone. BIG MISTAKE!!!

The SBD's were carrying 500 and 1000 lb bombs. They made huge holes in aircraft carriers.

During my research on the skins, I discoverd some QUITE interesting notes on the loadouts used by the Dauntless, I think in particular, for VB-6

Some had just a single 1000 lber

Some had just a single 500 lber

Some had the 'mixed load' of 2 100 lber on the outer stations, and a 500 lbrs on the center station.

this is just for ONE squadron!!!

VERY STRANGE!!! Must've drove the ordies nuts!! :rolleyes:

Wrench

kevin stein

I "sort of" modded a SBD into a TBD.

It's slow and you get your a** shot off but it carries a torpedo and launches it pretty well.

It kinda looks like a TBD.

As with the real Midway campaign most of the TBD's didn't come back.

The japanese were more afraid of the torpedo planes,so they concentrated on shooting them down and leaving the dive bombers alone. BIG MISTAKE!!!

The SBD's were carrying 500 and 1000 lb bombs. They made huge holes in aircraft carriers.

Actully they didn' make some many huge holes (ok except for the Kaga...), but the one they did were critical. As Parshall and Tully have pointed out the Japense carriers had a lot of safety problems and a lack of a policy of damage control. It was like they had been carried too far by the idea of first strike to the point of not considering the eventualirty of being hit... couple that with poor AA weaponry and you were pretty much dead.

But when the japanese were confronted by the choice between SBD and TBD diuring the yorktown attack (the only coordinated one of the day) they opted for TBD as ezlead has pointed out... but in the end torpedoes were more dangerous the problem at midway was the poor performance of both torpedo planes and american torpedoes...n BTW I have to try this mod...

Is anyone else having the problem of the Dauntless on take off going 3/4 of the way down the cat track, pitching up and spinning out of control and crashing? If not, must be my install, I dont know, but if so, or anyone has any ideas, please let me know.I like flying the Dauntless.

Guest ruhzyo

Try the '06 patch. :good:

edit: Anyone have a bomb rack edit for said Dauntless? It'd be nice to see some rails. The Wildcat has some beauties.

Edited by ruhzyo

Nope, they were never made. The wing dehidrel needs some tweeing too, but that like the pylons and bomb crutch, can only be added in MAX, by rebuilding the LOD

wrench

kevin stein