med_gallery_3395_49_15426.jpg

Only a big water desert with very few islands.

The screenshot shows some Wildcats over Kure Atoll near the Midway islands.

Gepard

Very nice work :biggrin: Looks great. Would love to fly my Wildcat over this one.

Edward

Me too

Yes indeed!!!! The perfect place for that Bombing 6 skin I did for the SBD.....

Wrench

kevin stein

Pacific actions... YES! :biggrin:

I'm not a WW2 fan, but it's looking amazing!!!

perfect for some nuke tests :cool: :cool:

aCEcOMBAT5SANDISLAND.jpg

Edited by Silverbolt

The first steps are made. I will ask Capun and Hinchinbrooke wheter i can include their ship models into Midway terrain. And then i hope to release the first Beta version of the terrain till weekend.

outstanding!!!!!

I have a separate install just for the War in the Pacific and am a dedicated prop-head - part of the time. .

Great work as usual and looking forward to this one!

:good:

Great stuff Gepard.

My WW2 intalls are seeing more action than all my modern ones at the moment!

The development comes to an end. Still some days and i can release it.

Contains the island of Kure and Midway, The US Carrier Battle Groups TF-16 and TF-17. The japanese First Fleet carrier strike Force, the Midway occupation force, Midway Support Fleet, Second Fleet Main Group, First Fleet Main Group

Wow, its funny my WWII install is Pacific specific too.

Wow, its funny my WWII install is Pacific specific too.

Mine too (Solomons!)... There's still life in good old PTO -Philiphines, Midway, Burma, all in the making :smile:

The development comes to an end. Still some days and i can release it.

Contains the island of Kure and Midway, The US Carrier Battle Groups TF-16 and TF-17. The japanese First Fleet carrier strike Force, the Midway occupation force, Midway Support Fleet, Second Fleet Main Group, First Fleet Main Group

Wow! Cannot wait, Gepard. Looks very well done!

Looking forward to this one, thanks Gepard :biggrin::good:

Hi Gepard,

Like many people I am looking forward to release of your Midway terrain. Thanks for your hard work, and also thanks for taking the time to explain how you do it in your terrain tutorials :good:

I have some questions about your carrier battle groups, which I see from your earlier post you have included in Midway terrain.

Have you found a way to make carrier take-offs flyable in single missions?

If so, do you think this will have any effect on campaign play, where carrier units are treated in a similar way to ground units as defined in the campaign_data.ini?

And, again in campaign play, if (as I suspect) you have made carrier groups targets as defined in the {terrain}_targets.ini, is there any way to force the campaign engine to end a campaign if your base carrier has been destroyed?

Or are these all questions that us poor campaign builders are going to have to work out answers to once your Midway terrain is released? - if I may volunteer to build the campaign to go with it :wink::biggrin:

S!

Baltika

Release? I think next weekend.

Carriers. Unfortunatly no starts and landings at single mission screen. The same as revious.

Thanks for the update, really looking forward to this one :biggrin::good:

No problem re carrier take-offs, as it's a known issue. I have already been researching OOBs for a Midway Campaign, so that will take care of that problem :wink:

If the carriers are defined as targets in the terrain_types.ini, then a little bit of creativity in the [AirOffensivexxx] section of the campaign_data.ini will ensure that they are targeted at the appropriate time.

OTOH, given the nature of the battle, it may be that a series of scripted single missions is the way forward here.

Cheers,

Baltika

Edited by Baltika

Its released at the download section now.

Fabulous news,

Thanks very much for your hard work :good:

Cheers :biggrin:

Baltika

Anyone,

I could have sworn I saw a Helldiver somewhere, and would love to fly one in this terrain, but can't find it on any of the usual suspect sites.

Please point me in the right direction if it exists.

Frustrated

Sorry, bro. No Big-Assed Beast in this game (yet -- which means as far as I know, no one is building one)

Besides, it saw it's first combat aboard YORKTOWN (CV-10) more than a year after Midway! We're also missing the TBD -for

those with suicidal tendencies!!!

I sent Gepard a whole new targets and types ini a coupla months ago...upgraded somethings. Guess he's still working on it.

note to self -- check with Deuces on Solomons replanting.

Wrench

kevin stein