Cellinsky, i've got this.....

ATYAAAA1kBpIZeLiA8QL2z-DW0eMQ02mZRAjvif1eAkydoaSZEeazdtIaWcpRDTWeRpS_NPNLESZi8D2UG5_D3irpdFsAJtU9VBa9RvZ9CE1-aC4uTjQ4l1aHvvRfA.jpg

ATYAAAA1-2RZxGHYe8tDcJOiNSjE6kQzY72Ya8UfXtnsubLtQghaaAH9uf2UxJ5jq-KhGJKNY1PifJ-BCgkByf8sMYs6AJtU9VAfsLbq9JwgTCjueZYVQmdJstpgCQ.jpg

do you know if someone report the same problem?

once in awhile, yes.

canadair

yepp, you picked the right entry. If you experiment with that, you will see that you can get "interesting" results. But never perfect for all situations. Mainly because the sun is cut so sharp at dawn and sunset. But thats hardcoded and only TK could do anything. The engine shows its age here...............

Cheers

Marcel

Ok I am glad you did not feeel offended by my questions....

That's the overcast. Something similar happened to me, but maybe not exactly. What happened to me was the overcast "tile" sizes were too large for some FlightEngine setting, and this messed up the overcast grafix. Experiment with the clip distances, which I think is what helped me....not sure now.

IF I RECALL ( :rolleyes: ): The band, or strip under the sun, is part of the horizon band which uses horizon color, and if I recall the sunward band is the gap between the sky dome and the edge of the Earth horizon pancake. The band is caused by suncolor adding to horizon color. The suncolor is not the color of the sun, but the color the game adds to the sunward sky when the sun is low. This is also added to horizon colour, hence it looks different from when you look away from the sun. Note the band is zero height when you are at sea level, but grows with your altitude above sea level.

Thanks cellinsky, I was able to get just what I was looking for:

sky.jpg

Glad you got it... I think I have one ini similar to this. In the end I had some 30+! variations..........

For the "overcast clipping issue": Thats indeed because the tile-size is too big. If you fly close to the layer you will get it. Im using only one texture here. But Im working on a solution for that. I never was happy with overcast, but if I change the values to my liking, broken gets messed up: Imagine, overcast sky-color is used for brokens horizon-color :blink: !! If you change one, the other gets messed up. I dont know what TK had in mind with that approach.

C5 I like that.. would like to try it

Could you post please your settings?

thanks!

C5 I like that.. would like to try it

Could you post please your settings?

thanks!

Sure:

[Day]

SunHeight=0.240

SunBrightness=1.00

SunLightLevel=0.99

SunRadiance=0.00

TwilightLensFlare=0.0

SunColor=0.595,0.600,0.578

AmbientColor=0.302,0.322,0.341

SkyColor=0.333,0.557,0.781

HorizonColor=0.739,0.890,0.945

FogColor=0.839,0.89,0.945

SunSpecularColor=0.835,0.796,0.714

[Day1]

SunHeight=0.160

SunBrightness=0.96

SunLightLevel=0.80

SunRadiance=0.00

TwilightLensFlare=0.2

SunColor=0.706,0.631,0.463

AmbientColor=0.302,0.322,0.341

SkyColor=0.321,0.573,0.781

HorizonColor=0.739,0.890,0.945

FogColor=0.839,0.89,0.945

SunSpecularColor=1.0,0.847,0.506

gallery_8037_43_28560.jpg

Is this normal? This is range terrain, but I noticed in Germany with CA_trees as well; under some angles and camera distances trees appear behind much farther clouds...

It's an old alpha channel textures bug. Happens on both clouds, trees and some objects (bridges)

in your terrain data.ini (example GermanyCE_data.ini)

scroll to

[AlphaObjectTextureMaterial]

and set

DepthBufferCheck=TRUE

DepthBufferWrite=TRUE

RenderedInOrder=TRUE

AlphaTestEnabled=TRUE

then a bit lower you may wish to set this :

BlendOp=BLEND_DST_ALPHA

@Cellinsky -let me say it's perhaps mod of the year IMHO!

@C5 thanks for posting, will give it a try

Under Inclement would it be possible to achieve a break in the clouds and have sunlight shafting through?

I know this is kind of wild...

It's very lovely.Great job!Thank you very much!

@ Stick: If you mean something like sunrays, Im afraid its not. There are no volumetric lights supported in TKs sims. I hope one day we will have it, because it would make cloud-shadows possible.................. :nyam:

cheers, Marcel

Ah well...thanks anyway.

I'm a bit late to the WideSky party but just wanted to say thank you cellinsky for such an awesome mod.

:clapping:

I agree, I was playing on The Range, and noticed the sky... which was itself very nice... thanks man! :good:

Widesky is not working with SF2. Has anyone an idea?

Thanks ;-)

I think it does. The DS mod requires the latest patch and it incorporates widesky.

Widesky is not working with SF2. Has anyone an idea?

No. And I miss it :sorry:

Truly outstanding mod --the sky comes alive!

Thanks, Cellinsky! :ok:

Me too I have an (old, since it's a 9600xt) Ati card and I could see the clipping isssue. That said, I Whish to thank the author for this awesome add-on. It's really a HUGE improvement over the original files. It's a real joy to fly through the clouds now, and the sunshine; Oh, the sunshine, just great!