Sign in to follow this  
JonathanRL

Nato Fighters 3 - Official Hype/Wish Thread: or how to have your cake and eat it !

I always thought it would be cool if NF was integrated/compatible with Bunyaps weps pack. As is it is right now, you can have a NF install, and then all the other mods that require the weps pack need to be in a separate install. If they were compatible, Nato Fighters could become the standard step after patching and weps pack install, and then folks could mod on top of that.

:ok:

Seconded!, I was foolhardy and followed exactly those steps after reinstalling xp and am still trying to fiddle about with things to try and make it fit with everything, I have merged Bunyaps and the MF's packs together as well as a myriad other specific installs and mix matched a lot of ground objects etc, having everything in one install works for me as I enjoy playing the campaigns for what they are and the single missions just as pure entertainment so I don't particularly mind seeing WW2 tanks over So cal while flying a Brit Tomcat, but what does get annoying is constantly being fired upon while out on the range, it happened 3 times today and in my favourite plane too!

but what does get annoying is constantly being fired upon while out on the range, it happened 3 times today and in my favourite plane too!

THAT's what I forgot to finish!!!

I have a fix for that; give me some time and I'll reassemble the Range targets and types inis, so you don't get shooted at by SAMs with 'nasty, pointed rockets' (<--use Monty Python type voice)

Wrench

kevin stein

It was always implied that Sweden belonged to the west should things get hot between NATO/WP and this is reflected in the military doctrine even today. Russia is our arch-enemy and actual soviet invasion plans involving tactical nuclear first strikes on Sweden have been declassified since the collapse of the USSR.

NF3? Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time...a long time...

I just want more planes added to it in that nice easy one-step installer so the guy I play coop MP with and I can have the same installs. To this day we have a stock WOE/WOV merged install with just NF1 and 2 installed that we fly from time to time. He has, well, ZERO patience for any modding over one-click installs or simple "unzip and drop folder in aircraft folder." This limits the planes we fly online, so I've been waiting for NF3 to give us a larger selection of planes to fly. :wink:

What is included is up to them!

wish list:RN Sea Harrier FRS-1 :smile:

RAF Harrier GR-4/GR-9

Thanks for the feedback guys, its very encouraging to know that the NF series has been so well received.

Regarding the weapons pack, I know its a tough issue, but I find that its size and complexity is at odds with what I was originally trying to achieve with NF, which was and is to give people who aren't into ini editing and modding an easy way to gain access to some of the best mods out there. Beginning with NF3, I will be including the Mirage Factory weapons pack and will of course customize the weapons set to match up with the aircraft included in the pack. Experienced users should be able to implement Bunyap's weapons pack with some tweaking of loadouts, but I have to leave that up to the individual user.

5. Sweden. Would love to include some Swedish squadrons, but I am torn on the issue of accuracy. Perhaps someone can help by explaining the Swedish defense posture during the 60s and 70s. Would Swedish squadrons have been deployed to NATO bases in Western Europe? My gut says no, but...

A couple of months ago I read that there had been a recent dustup when it was discovered that during the Cold War, dates unrecalled or never known, the neutralist Swedish government had had very, very quiet understandings with NATO about joint military operations in the event of war. Things like a bit of joint planning and Swedish liaison officers to NATO headquarters. Not much made it into the English language press as far as I know, but had the MiGs hit the fan, there were plans in place for Swedish-NATO cooperation.

Edited by Akmatov

When it comes out i wish i can download it. Because when i had XP i downloaded the first two fine but when i switched to Vista it doesn't seem to wanna work with it.