Sign in to follow this  
Guest MrMudd

Explosions effects mod video

That was fantastic!!! Deuces you have outdone yourself!!

Now, where can we get the files???

Fess up!

I'm still tweaking them a bit, but if you'd like I can put together a set that you guys can play around with.

Guest MrMudd

Sounds great Deuces, Send those on to my email, We have a couple folks Beta Testing SFP1 here that would like to sample those.

mrmudd@biohazcental.com

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH... AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

That was very very cool indeed. I always liked the SF explosions, but you have somehow made them look incredible.

nice...

I have yet to Use FRAPS to Make videos..

Only bad side to FRAPs is you wont be able to capture sound.

Guest MrMudd

That is False, Fraps 2.0 Captures sound just fine.

I have captured game sounds and a few music sim videos i made was simply by playing winamp in the background

damn... I've downloaded the movie but I can't view it :(

The Codecs are missing! Can anyone help me with what kind of codec I need to download? I've got the standard Win XP Media Player (9 I think)...

Can somebody pls post some screenshots from that movie? I tried to view the movie file with Windows Media Player, Davideo DVD Player and Quicktime and none of them could open it... then I thought: well let's just recompress this sucker with Virtual Dub - hmm not working either... cannot open it because of licence restrictions (Microsoft owns the patent for that and that file format...... blablabla)

So anyone!? Please?

What kind of player do YOU guys use??

Firehawk-It's made with Movie Maker in Win XP and runs fine at home on windows Media Player 9. I just tried it here from work on WMP 8. No problems. If you'd like I can upload some screen shots tonight for you if you still can't get it to work. Or you could just download the effects and see them in your game. Have a look at this post HERE

D*mn, thats good!!!!!!!

Would sure like a copy of that mod when its ready

Do you need e-mails or will you be posting it somewhere??

Can those same effects be applied to hangers, buildings, tanks, etc?

I ask because those types of explosions really dont last long enough and the smoke/fire disappears real fast also.

Sitting here with my hand out saying, "gimme, gimme".

Good work there!

Ummm..savagkc. Go to the link I have in the post above. In that thread there is a link to the d/l ;) And yes the explosion is carried over to some of the ground effects as well.

Bear, vid wouldnt play on wmp, irfanview, divx, etc.

i need to check my codex's but pretty sure i have all current (and some older ) ones.

Thanx Deuces for your reply...

But the file still doesn't play with Media Player (keeps on telling me that one or several codecs are missing :()

However I just d/l the file and am going to look at it in the game... the screenshot looks just awesome :blink:

Firehawk-There would be one other option you could try. Since you have WinXP. You could save the movie and import it into Movie Maker which comes with XP. I would suggest you update to Movie Maker 2.0 which is available through the windows update.

Hmm I will try that option... Anyway I already tried this effects mod you put up and it's really great.

The effects (especially explosions) were already very plastic and realistic in the stand-alone SFP but this is amazing!

However I think I found a small "bug"...

I flew a mission (Fighter Sweep) in an F100 against a formation of Mig19 Farmers... I went in for the knife fight an was immediately behind one of them. Then I started to fire bursts at the enemy but the smoke made by the guns was so dense that the enemy often disappeared behind it... so I had to guess where to fire :)

Maybe you should lower the smoke intensity for the guns in the F100 (or just for all of them if it's not possible to edit it for one specific a/c)... I also flew all of the other stock planes and this "bug" seems to only appear with the Super Sabre...

Anyway, great job you did. I love when a smoking bandit hits the ground and explodes........it looks so great now!

:lol: Whoops! I must not have taken out the gun effect I was working on for wpnssgts A-10. Sorry about that. I'll locate the emitter and update it. I'll post a fix for it here tonight.

I went to MS and got their (latest?) package of codex's

and the movie workded fine. Guess they updated something......

Good movie, love the double explosion on one of the MIG's.

Firehawk-

Locate EmitterType028 in your ParticleSystem.ini and copy and paste this data in it's place and your gun smoke will return to normal.

[EmitterType028]

Name=CannonSmokeEmitter

EffectLevel=1

EmissionType=ORIENTED_EMITTER

UpdateType=NON_MOVING

MaxVisibleDistance=4000.000000

EmissionRate=0.03000

EmissionVolume=0.010000,0.010000,0.010000

EmissionVelocityTableType=CONSTANT

EmissionVelocity=0.000000,40.000000,0.000000

EmissionVelocityDeviation=0.0500000

ParticleUpdateType=SIMPLE_POINT

ParticleRenderType=SPRITE

ParticleRandomOrientation=TRUE

ParticleLifeTime=3.000000

ParticleLifeTimeDeviation=0.25000

ParticleWeight=-4.00000

ParticleRandomness=0.100000

ParticleDragFactor=1.000000

ParticleInheritence=0.700000

ParticleWindFactor=1.0

ParticleColorTableType=LINEAR

ParticleColorStart=1.0000000,1.0000000,1.00000,0.220000

ParticleColorEnd=0.8000000,0.8000000,1.00000,0.000000

ParticleSizeTableType=TABLE

ParticleSize[01].Time=0.000000

ParticleSize[01].Value=0.400000

ParticleSize[02].Time=0.200000

ParticleSize[02].Value=2.00000

ParticleSize[03].Time=0.500000

ParticleSize[03].Value=4.000000

ParticleSize[04].Time=1.000000

ParticleSize[04].Value=8.000000

BaseSizeDeviation=0.4

TextureMaterial=SmokeMaterial

I kinda like seeing the gun flashes (no hud via delete key) but if the smoke could be turned down some and enable viewing the target.

Actually, the smoke and gun flashes togeather take a big hit on fps so maybe a medium turn down on both would be great.

Just a suggestion,

savagkc

:unsure: