ARe the missles it carries contained in the file or do I have to download them seperatly?

They are a seperate download, but they're right here at CA in the Weapon Mods section.

Great Foxhound, BTW!

Edited by Caesar

Hey spinners, your "what if" planes are very very cool :)

Thanks Silverbolt. As a teenager my hobby was building model aircraft and I could never just build them 'straight' - almost all of them became 'what ifs' :yes: .

This series of games/sims and, of course, the wonderful 'Strike Fighters' community just makes it so easy to let your imagination run riot!

Sorry to report but I got crash with it. Error report about graphicsengine.dll. I do have modded (upped settings) graphicssettings as per KB.

Base size added to the "Fix It List".

Once I get it wired, I'll be re-upping it (read: upating Silverbolt's upload) with the changes. It'll be the whole bird, just like his. So for those that already d/led it; back up your originals when it comes out. Just in case I screw something up.

It'll still take me a few days, so don't expect it before the week starts.

As to the HUD question....probably not. Don't know if they really had/have one. I"ll have to spend some time researching it, though. The main problem is, there aren't any really good Russian/Soviet HUD symbologies. I could cheat and use the Eagles (like in the HAF F-4)....we'll see. It can always be updated later

Strange thing, I don't get the crash. Flying in WoE.

Wrench

kevin stein

ps to Spinners: dude, that's just WRONG!!! :wink: Albeit, it's extreamly cool though.... some of those what if RAF Red Birds do look good!!! Soviet Occupied UK????? Like you, I don't think I built too many 'stock' models. Always had to fiddle somehow!

W

MinBaseSize=LARGE ---------------------- by MEDIUM

That's cured it! Thanks christian59 (or can I call you christian? :biggrin: )

NVAFMiG-25Foxhound03.jpg

The base size = problem is mostly manifest in WoV, as there are NO large runways (ie: Runway4) for the Red Side. We found this out the hard way, a long time ago, whilst trying to get some bombers to work there.

Perhaps, as some point, somebody will add the super big one near Hanoi or (well, after 'reunification') Cam Ran Bay. We all know Soviet Bears were flying out there in the 80's.

Wrench

kevin stein

The base size = problem is mostly manifest in WoV, as there are NO large runways (ie: Runway4) for the Red Side. We found this out the hard way, a long time ago, whilst trying to get some bombers to work there.

Perhaps, as some point, somebody will add the super big one near Hanoi or (well, after 'reunification') Cam Ran Bay. We all know Soviet Bears were flying out there in the 80's.

Wrench

kevin stein

and a Badger regiment along with a squadron of SAF Floggers for cover.

I had played with a Vietnam terrain and got it to work which covered all of Vietnam on the Red side with the Blue Team confined to Thailand. It worked pretty well for single missions but I could not get the campaign to work. But while playing with it I could fly the Badgers out of Cam Rahn Bay for strike and ant-shipping missions.

mine still doesn`t work.. everytime my comp do a restart, changed the grafik settings and base scale but still ctd / restart..

mine still doesn`t work.. everytime my comp do a restart, changed the grafik settings and base scale but still ctd / restart..

are u using the HDR/bloom effect?

Mine still dosent work too I reinstalled SFP1 again. It works without the MIG-31 installed, but when its installed it crashes from time to time.

Edited by Dasas

This thing doesen't like WOE, in WOI evertying works fine, in WOE it crashes to desktop when i go into the externel views.

I don't have a single problem with it it WoE. Other than the obvious glitches (loads, lights, etc). No slowdowns, no CTDs

You faulted guys wouldn't be running ATI cards, by chance???

Wrench

kevin stein

You faulted guys wouldn't be running ATI cards, by chance???

Mine's a Nvidia.

works just fine in both WOE and WOI for me with an nVidia card.

you have to be careful, as noted above, that you use a terrain that has a large base for that side. Otherwise it will CTD. The fix is also noted above.

Edited by Typhoid

HI all i think this my be an old problem something to do with base size its set to LARGE .open data file and change as below ..

MinBaseSize=MEDIUM

hope this fixed it for you

I tried that it still doesn't work for me I installed other planes they work but the MIG-31 doesn't.

you have to be careful, as noted above, that you use a terrain that has a large base for that side. Otherwise it will CTD. The fix is also noted above.

That fix has been in the Knowledge Base for years.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=12147

Check the date. :biggrin::blink: