Sign in to follow this  
SayethWhaaaa

Musharraf Resigns...

End of an era - but surely its critical now that they get someone good in charge- fingers crossed

End of an era - but surely its critical now that they get someone good in charge- fingers crossed

I'm hoping Nawaz Sharif has no role to play. If he's re-elected, Pakistan's right back where it started with a corrupt leaders and a "jobs for the boys" mentality.

Ill be drinking tonight!!!

I'm hoping Nawaz Sharif has no role to play. If he's re-elected, Pakistan's right back where it started with a corrupt leaders and a "jobs for the boys" mentality.

They say they will have a lady president....trying to show their "modern" outlook on one hand, while training & financing terrorists on the other :rolleyes: .

Its a part of Pakistan's policy to support Islamic terrorism against India. They will lose their "reason of existence" if they don't. No matter who comes to power, Pakistan will always be the same old "Pakistan".

No matter who comes to power, Pakistan will always be the same old "Pakistan".

Shame that good old Sam the brave, your marshall, died before seeing this happen, he could have told it really loud and clear

btw, i saw few ago a TV prog about the border joint closing before dawn...amazing ceremony, man

Has anyone noticed how the Pakistani side has resorted its war-mongering stance recently? the Paki Army has started violating the ceasefire agreement by shelling Indian position across the LoC(Line of Control). Or the fact that they have opened their crocodile mouth and started mouthing usual BS about the Kashmir issue. See what I mean by "Pakis will always be Pakis" statement :rofl:

Hey Saywhat, guess what Nawaz did? He has just threatened to pull out of the ruling coalition.

Hey Saywhat, guess what Nawaz did? He has just threatened to pull out of the ruling coalition.

Yeah? Is he for real or is it just BS posturing? I have to admit, when I heard Kashmir in the news earlier this week, the first thing I thought was "What's the Pakistan army done now." It didn't take 'em long...

Yeah? Is he for real or is it just BS posturing? I have to admit, when I heard Kashmir in the news earlier this week, the first thing I thought was "What's the Pakistan army done now." It didn't take 'em long...

Its got something to do with reinstatement of judges who were thrown out by Mush. Zardari said he would reinstate them , but now has apparently backed out.

As for the Paki Army, it has hardly been under civilian control. They do what they wish. In every war that they waged, they would do something to piss India off and when India retaliated, they would run back to their people and say - look how evil those evil hindus are, they are out to destroy our Pure Islamic republic and then they beg USA for help. When get their asses whipped in the war, they'd keep quiet for some time and then vow revenge.

Heck, you can draw a flow chart of Paki war mongering tactics :biggrin:

It just got real...

Somebody bottle up those nukes.

I wonder if the US will sit idly by and let the Paki nukes fall into the hands of a newly elected radical Islamic regime? They are a democracy and it could happen. Talk about opening Pandora's box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if the US will sit idly by and let the Paki nukes fall into the hands of a newly elected radical Islamic regime? They are a democracy and it could happen. Talk about opening Pandora's box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One can't call the current government as radical per se. They are the same old people who ruled by Pakistan before Mush staged the coup. Nawaz Sharif was overthrown by Mush, Zardari is the husband of slain former PM Benazir Bhutto. Zardari had a lot of cases pending against him in Pakistan. You can call these leaders as moderate, as thy don't openly shout anti-iUS or Anti-India slogans, but these are the same leaders under whose leadership, Pakistan "license manufactured" :rofl: terrorists in their terrorist camps. Call them "Paki-satans" from Pakistan.

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/EBOOKS/

In what civilized state can the judiciary be removed by the executive? Thats bloody anarchy. The rule of law is non-existent. Any pretence at democracy is a sham without an umpire.

And a sinister reminder -the Pakistani military is largely autonomous from the state functionaries. Thats primarily why we have so many border skirmishes.

Jug,sir, may I suggest reading a book called Scoop.Its by a noted Indian journalist Kuldip Nair. It gives an excellent insight into how the sub-continent finds itself today as Pakistan and India.

We are a very complicated people.

In what civilized state can the judiciary be removed by the executive? Thats bloody anarchy. The rule of law is non-existent. Any pretence at democracy is a sham without an umpire.

And a sinister reminder -the Pakistani military is largely autonomous from the state functionaries. Thats primarily why we have so many border skirmishes.

Jug,sir, may I suggest reading a book called Scoop.Its by a noted Indian journalist Kuldip Nair. It gives an excellent insight into how the sub-continent finds itself today as Pakistan and India.

We are a very complicated people.

Thank you for your suggestion and I freely admit my understanding of the peoples in that area is lacking. Doesn't change what I said, though. Nukes in the hands of a radical Muslim state is what scares us about Iran currently and the same fears surround what will happen in Pakistan in the near future.

Phir bhi dil hai hindustani, eh buddy? :smile::good:

Sure thing! wouldnt have it any other way.

Mush under protective custody

"Once the new president is elected and judges are restored Musharraf will be allowed to leave the country," he said.

I wonder why :ok: ? he doesn't have the army under his command to stage another copu nor is the present Paki army C-in-C loyal to him, eventhough Mush himself appointed him when stepped down as COAS, Pak Army. Talk about getting betrayed by everyone :biggrin: .

Mush : I want to go to US. Paki Govt : No.

Mush : I want to step out of my house . Paki govt : No.

Mush : I want to talk to my loyal soldiers. Paki Govt : No

That should be the biggest fear with any state in flux like that, especially when it is use to swinging between military control and civilian military control.

Personally I do not fear a state actor having nukes (because if they use them or even think about it their regime will come to an end, and maybe even their chunk of the world.) I fear a state getting nukes and then "conveniently" loosing/misplacing them.

Edited by ironroad

sends shivers up anyone's spine.

In Pakistan, however, none of the major parties would fit into the category of a radical Islamic regime, yet. But something I am sure that is keeping the long range planners up at night in a cold sweat.

Pretty much the situation that we currently have with Iran.

US & Israel are pretty much outside the Pakis strike range. If things go bad, it will be India that will have to bear the brunt of Paki madness. Apparently during the Kargil War, the pakis had moved some nuke warheads to Pakistan Occupied Kashmir for a "fight to death" in case if Indian forces crossed the border and attacked Pakistan. And since the Pakis have a penchant for blaming everything on India, If US or Israel attacks Pakistan, the Pakis will strike India anyway.

Do you know if any US forces are currently helping secure the Nukes?

Heard a story about the AQ Khan ring selling nuclear secrets and that the CIA had a few people who sabotaged stuff that got sent out. Hopefully they have some more people doing the same thing quietly to pakistan's nukes. Very fragile devices, not so difficult to prevent it from reaching critical mass.

Heard a story about the AQ Khan ring selling nuclear secrets and that the CIA had a few people who sabotaged stuff that got sent out. Hopefully they have some more people doing the same thing quietly to pakistan's nukes.

This?

About time the CIA earned its keep. Since 9-11 and the material supplied our command structure that led to an Iraqi invasion for the wrong reasons, I have held that bunch is considerably low esteem. Bad guys beware. With a fire lit under them, the CIA is perfectly capable of confronting our enemies before they do something stupid. It appears that 'kudos' are due in this case.