Sign in to follow this  
column5

Google Chrome

Anyone using it? Been messing with it at work this afternoon. Very impressive for a beta release. Much potential.

will take a look tommorow now - not to excited about another free browser tbh

Checking it out now...didn't hear about it until this post.

FastCargo

I'm digging the speed.

You're really using google's newest data-collector? :biggrin:

Better Google have my info than M$.

I prefer none of them having my data, but that's just wishful thinking today...

(Maybe they know more about us than we do?)

It's started....

Google and Apple are conspiring together to take over every coputer on earth, then they will launch a mass virus to destroy every little bit of programing, and in mankind's plight, they will emerge with new systems and will manipulate them to controll mankind!!!!!

So I'm sticking with firefox and Explorer.

It's buggy, crashes alot. Crashed more today than FF did in the 4 years I've been using it. I won't be switching any time soon.

Ran it all afternoon with no crashes or obvious bugs. Its impressively fast when rendering pages, possibly due to being multithreaded. IMO this is software development moving in the right direction--lightweight and high-performance yet with plenty of capability, unlike the bloat that is IE and FF.

Perhaps I should clarify. I don't hate it, it's okay. Too okay. All I'm saying is that I find it mediocre, like Independence Day (the Will Smith movie). Also I didn't care for the GUI, but that's purely artistic. But I digress.

---

...unlike the bloat that is IE...

http://tech.slashdot.org/tech/08/09/02/1418252.shtml :rofl:

Edited by Longestpants

Have you guys tried Cuil? I read on another website that it was created by former Google programmers. It still has its problems, but I like having a nice alternative to the giants.

Well, at least FF tried to fix the memory leak problem.

I've been using Opera myself....I like it. About the only thing is that it has problems with certain sites that are heavy on Javascript.

FastCargo

Well, Opera does what it is meant to do. No-frills Internet surfing (at least what the others implied). And it did very well in that aspect.

Edited by kct

like that it gives most visted pages on start up and it has dynamic tabs and an "Incognito" function- it doesnt seem any faster than FF/IE on this PC.

I notice that IE8 Beta is now available - dont think I will bother with that just yet - browsers coming out of my ears!

like that it gives most visted pages on start up and it has dynamic tabs and an "Incognito" function- it doesnt seem any faster than FF/IE on this PC.

Each tab is supposedly sandboxed too, so a crash in one tab shouldn't affect the others.

On the downside, I don't like the favorites menu. I do like the most visited pages thumbnails on new tabs, though.

My desktop can barely run XP now. Now I am totally afraid of running IE8 at this rate.

I like FF and use it 90% of the time at home. The only exception is for certain sites that just won't play nice and then I bring up IE. Could be because of the NoScript and AdBlock Plus I use on FF just messing with it too much.

I know computerandvideogames.com (I think that's right) will crash my FF everytime I visit there via a link from some other site. IE gives no trouble. :dntknw:

Firefox for me...besides I like the icon...and Firefox 3 is plenty fast. Still waiting for the day that Wal-mart and Google merge and decide to mine Mars....wait I think I saw that movie already...

Happily using FF, but if Chrome has some special Pr0n mode.................... on second thoughts, B1ER mode, count me in.