Erwin:

You must modified cockpit in your Su-25 (ouch su-39):

Edit: Now is good?

Repair.

Sorry for this.

Thanks Lindr this is it what I need.

Edited by Signum

Just a question here.

Are you guys going to utilize some of those extra animation keys TK gave us with this one? It'd be nice to have a working tailhook visual as well as an opening canopy.

Either way, I'm looking very forward to this one.

Yeah ! good news ! It's really time to increase the power of the "enemy" (russian) force, I'm bored of being shot in less than 10 seconds while flying migs and sukhois ! nice work man ;)

Yup, it's LO:FC

By the time you get that screen to track the target you need you're already above it...

need a beta tester?

i'm always free.

hope two weeks will really be two weeks. but, as i always say, if you need more time, take it.

better a good fired chicken tomorrow than a broken egg today.

hope two weeks will really be two weeks.

here are never two weeks real two weeks. :biggrin:

I think we could call it a Russian A-10 :-) or does the russians have a even better answer to the A-10.

Sorry for hijacking the thread

No, the Russians never built a true A-10 analogue. The A-10 was built as a "tank buster" to destroy large numbers of WP tanks coming into W Europe. The USSR didn't see large hordes of NATO tanks as a threat, so the Su-25 wasn't built to do that. It was instead designed as a CAS weapon, a latter-day Il-2 with bombs and rockets and a very limited precision attack capability. The 25T and TM are attempts to increase that precision to modern levels via the addition of the CRT, ARM integration, and so on. The Vikhr is a deadly missile, but the stock 25 can't use it.

The Su-25 has a "small" 30mm cannon that has a 150 rounds or so. It can take out lightly armored vehicles and soft targets, but is really not meant for tank busting. The A-10's "large" 30mm GAU-8 was designed specifically for that purpose, as was the AGM-65 Maverick, a weapon type the Russians never really made themselves. The Vikhr is more like the Hellfire than a Maverick.

This is one jet that has been sorely missing from this series for quite a while.

I look forward to the Soviet A-9!

Lookin' good! :good:

That is what I thought...............a Russian version of the A-9 (the Northrup loser in the A-1 Skyraider replacement sweepstakes some years ago). Still looks sweet!!!

Repair.

Sorry for this.

Thanks Lindr this is it what I need.

Great cockpit pics. I have never seen the cockpit of a Su-25/39, but it still is interesting to note that the Russians have yet to learn a thing about cockpit ergonomics. Quite a few things block the pilot's field of view looking forward. Instrument mounts if absolutely needed at eye level can be made with just as strong and "skinnier" mounting hardware. Look at all that crap................wow! If we model it right, all of us SF flyers will see what I mean.

Don't get me wrong, it is still great work, but it is still..........amazing!