Sign in to follow this  
SayethWhaaaa

Whew... Bullet dodged.

Thats a relief. I truly hate EA. I haven't played a good game by them since MOH Frontine.

I got Mercenaries 2 last week, not expecting that EA had taken over it's former host. I was hoping to play this on Xbox Live with my friend, and drop MOAB on him. What do I learn, we can't play together because EA wants to keep it seperated by regions (I presume NTSC and PAL?). Plus you have to register to play an EA game online on Consoles now? As if Xbox Live or PSN isn't enough for EA?

EDIT: Okay, sorry that I kind of ranted....BUT I STILL HATE EA!

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

I just love that, as of midday Aust. CST, all of the 13 comments posted hated the idea of EA getting their grubbies on GTA! :biggrin: I think the popular consensus is that they would balls it up. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of EA but I like a few of their titles, Zero Hour (CWC mod), BF2 (Australian Forces mod), Underground 2, although just about all of them are modded in one way or another. I just get the impression that if they did acquire the GTA series it'd be like watching them take something like CoD 4 and tarting it out to be like somebland BF2 clone.

Whatever happened to the EA of my misspent youth that produced quality titles like Road Rash, Jungle Strike, Mutant Hockey League, FIFA international Soccer...? (sigh)...

Yeah, I hear you guys there. Bigger companies never take risk with anything new either. Its good to have more smaller companies around that come up with new ideas. I haven’t purchased a copy of Madden or NCAA football since 2006, because in my opinion the quality of the games has gotten worse. EA corners the market then they get complacent. The more diversity in game producers, the more we benefit.

EA has been going downhill ever since Need For Speed: Hot Prisuit 2.

I'm still the proud owner of NFS High Stakes! Go team pixel!

Thats a relief. I truly hate EA. I haven't played a good game by them since MOH Frontine.

Crysis?

When they actually show some effort, they can make a great game. The problem is that effort. They're following the M$ business strategy: take over the entire market making it your personal monopoly and milk it for cash while making the consumer and product suffer.

And people ***** about lawyers, at least some lawyers represent the good people. Accountants are the real bad guys.

EA has been going downhill ever since Need For Speed: Hot Prisuit 2.

I'm still the proud owner of NFS High Stakes! Go team pixel!

Nah, for some of us the last REAL NFS was Porsche Unleashed.

For me it was NFS 3 and the ability to add your own cars. I think I had about 150 at one point.

Crysis doesn't count, that was a game by another dev just distributed by them. The real legacy of EA is to buy good devs and turn them into corporate brain-dead devs that don't release good games.

Nah, for some of us the last REAL NFS was Porsche Unleashed.

I still own that one too!

although I could never get past that level in the career mode where you have to deliver the boxter in a set ammount of time without damaging it. I also wish there was one ferrari per era or something just to judge the Porsches against.

Crysis doesn't count, that was a game by another dev just distributed by them. The real legacy of EA is to buy good devs and turn them into corporate brain-dead devs that don't release good games.

:iagree:

you nailed it. ea has come to represent everything that is lame and bad about pc gaming today. it's really sad, cause i still remember when they were a cool studio making cool games (early 1990s)

i know you people don't care much about football (soccer), but you should see what ea did with it's latest flagship sports game in europe - fifa. horrendous graphics, bland textures, jerky animation -- i swear it looks worse than soccer games in 2002. they only updated the rosters. horrible stuff.

honestly, i wouldn't play an ea game if someone gave it to me.