Sign in to follow this  
smokey799

WOV Scooter Carrier Landing Problems?

Afternoon Gentlemen,

I've been poking around the Forum to see if anyone else has been having problems trapping with

the Scooter and sofar Zilch.

The problem is that when I hit the wires I flip over, do the funky chicken and explode.

All four models (A-4B, C, E, and F)

Anybody else?

Fix?

Thanks Guys (and Girls).....

Smokey

OK, another interesting bit....I got a bit rushed trying out different landing gear settings and decided to

go straight in and not follow the angle....TaDa! landed with a few bouces.

I'm gonna check the data ini's for the carriers.

Well I have the same finding. I've been trying to land A-4s few hours - different approaches, different speeds, different gear setting - however the only solution that I found in the end was to land straight and not in the angle of the deck. When I landed at an angle, the aircraft always goes into the deck and after some "dance" explodes. However you can land Phantom at an angle, but A-7 or F-8 will always crash. I am just surprised that noone has noticed it in new patches, as it seems to be a real glitch.

Landed smooth as silk in the F-8 while flying the gulf of Tonkin incident yesterday!

Landed smooth as silk in the F-8 while flying the gulf of Tonkin incident yesterday!

I haven't really tested F-8, I just supposed according to A-7 that it won't do it, because it has similar undercariage. Anyway - I tried the A-7 angle landing only few times - so it maybe can be done. But try it with A-4 (any version), this is probably the most problematic craft (I've been trying to land it for som 3 hours). And to add - I am no newb to sims, I can land the phantom anytime/anywhere and also other sims (Il2-1946, Lock-on, Falcon).

I haven't really tested F-8, I just supposed according to A-7 that it won't do it, because it has similar undercariage. Anyway - I tried the A-7 angle landing only few times - so it maybe can be done. But try it with A-4 (any version), this is probably the most problematic craft (I've been trying to land it for som 3 hours). And to add - I am no newb to sims, I can land the phantom anytime/anywhere and also other sims (Il2-1946, Lock-on, Falcon).

Now the Vigilante is the devils's ride-you have to come in fast...and hope your hook catches

As a matter of fact when flying that plane you have to keep it above 450kts or else autopilot all the way!

Same problem here Smokey. We are talking bout the A-4 problem here not asking about technique we all got that down its the data conflict somwhere that makes the A-4 bounce and explode once landed on the ship. You guys talking F-8, A-7, RA-5 try landing an A-4 see if you get the same problem after the new patch.

Edited by MAKO69

Same problem here Smokey. Were are talking bout the A-4 problem here not asking about technique we all got that down its the data conflict somwhere that makes the A-4 bounce and explode once landed on the ship. You guys talking F-8, A-7, RA-5 try landing an A-4 see if you get the same problem after the new patch.

Yep, it happens after touch down mainly in A-4 - even though it is perfect - the plane leans to the left side after stop and goes under the deck...

Yep, it happens after touch down mainly in A-4 - even though it is perfect - the plane leans to the left side after stop and goes under the deck...

Just flew 3 traps each of A-6,F-8, F-4 and A-4. A-4 only 1 bouncing and burning last trap of A-4 brought in straght like the old days it worked, If your gonna land on a carrier w/an A-4 you gotta fly straight in avoiding the angled deck marks. The DATA conflict has to be in the A-4 DATA file.

The Scooters also have "bouncing" issues on dry land. When the AI taxis forward, they start bouncing till they explode. I used the tip in the Knowledge base regarding "dancing" aircraft and it seemed to help a little bit...they still bounce but don't ever explode.

The Scooters also have "bouncing" issues on dry land. When the AI taxis forward, they start bouncing till they explode. I used the tip in the Knowledge base regarding "dancing" aircraft and it seemed to help a little bit...they still bounce but don't ever explode.

Were exactly was that fix

Well, I have tested it further and came to a conclussion. At first I tested A-4 in prepatched WoV - no landing problems, I've been able to land 10 times in a row on the angled landing deck. Furthermore I tested it in patched WoV, and in 10 trials I haven't been able to land at all. Afterwards I copied A4C data.ini file from prepatched WOV into patched one and again I couldn't land at all on the angled deck - so I suppose there isn't a problem with the new .ini file. I also copied data.ini file of the carrier from prepatched WoV - but they seem to be the same and no change occured. I also stiffened shocks on A-4, however no joy in landing at an angled deck - only coming straight in works.

However, after a straight in landing - I tried to taxi A4 on the deck, at the moment I turn the plane just a bit to left or right it falls by itself through the deck! So I made few more taxing atempts and no matter how slowly I turn the plane it always leans to the left or right (If I turn it to the left it falls right and if I turn it to right it falls to the left). So there must be some problem in internal game modeling that makes A4 to fall through the deck. I will test further how other planes are affected, but A-7 and F-8 seem also to be affected to a lesser degree

Got the same tumbl after landing and turning plane on deck, only the scooter has the problem I have tested all Naval planes. Still only scooter.

concur. Landed normally on the angle and everything was ok. Taxied forward to clear the landing area for the wingman and then the plane fell through the deck and exploded on the hangar bay.

Only the A-4 so far.

I just happened to notice that there's one vital question and/or statement missing from this discussion:

Stock 3rd Wire CV or aftermarket????

That may be important to know.....

WRench

kevin stein

I just happened to notice that there's one vital question and/or statement missing from this discussion:

WRench

kevin stein

stock on both. Haven't tried the others, yet.

Thanks for running with this guys....Haven't been around for a bit.

Great work!

more than likely its a Flight Model (Mainly in the gear section) typo or data that needs to be adjusted in the data INI, for I can land almost any Aircraft Fine in all TW titles Post Patch, and in the last 3 days I've done over 60 traps (30+ in the F-14/F18s) while filming footage for a video Im doing.. I'll test the A-4s on my carrier and the Stock WoV Decks on my next two days off...

Well, I wrote about the problem on thirdwire forums and TK has replied that they will look on this A4 issue, so it will be hopefully sorted out :good:

WRench

kevin stein

Everything stock - stock models - stock carrier.

In the meantime if you need a scooter trap fix - fly the A4A available here... I've just tested all my A4's on all my carriers, and I can confirm that the 3rd Wire based A4's are blowing up on landing, but the nice little A4A add-on is just humming along nicely on both stock and add-on boats...

SB

In the meantime if you need a scooter trap fix - fly the A4A available here... I've just tested all my A4's on all my carriers, and I can confirm that the 3rd Wire based A4's are blowing up on landing, but the nice little A4A add-on is just humming along nicely on both stock and add-on boats...

SB

Ok, why?

I ran the A-4A data ini and the A-4B data ini thru exam diff....It kinda looks like the A-4B (and by default, the rest of the 'stock' A-4's)

didn't get the new patch 'makeover.'

Beauty job on the A-4A by suhsjake btw.

maybe TK forgot to click and drag a few file to the patch? (JOKING....TOTALLY JOKING).

later

I just took the A-4A for a spin around the pattern....Same thing....Hit the wires and it does the

funky chicken and explodes....