Sign in to follow this  
Mig_eater

Vulcan Textures and Loadout with Sep. Patch

OK, So my only third party aircraft that I have at the moment is the Vulcan, but its really causing me problems for one major reason and one minor.

The first is that the loadout constantly changes! I had it stock and it didn't have any stock loadout. Then I edited the nation and the bomb bay characteristics and it did what I wanted... but now, without modding ANYTHING but the skins its giving me only 250lbers! Strange... I think maybe that whole aircraft needs an update for the new patch - its a real favourite of mine so it would be a shame to cast it to the oblivion that is the past.

The minor problem is the textures. I can only get decent resolution textures with the Vulcan (and they're still poorer than usual) if I use 'unlimited' in the graphics options, which often causes me to get a complete lock up, or at best bad framerates.

If anyone has any ideas i'd really appreciate them as I really love this aircraft and would love to fly it in the much better environment thats been created since the patch.

- Alex

The unlimited option allows the use of textures larger than 512 KB. You can set the object texture to unlimited in the graphics option screen, irregardless of the graphics detail level, by simply selecting "customize".

Perhaps its purely my imagination that the textures improve with the unlimited option on, as the files aren't bigger than 512kb. At any rate the Vulcan textures are really blurred and unpleasant with the new patch (and the files themselves look great) so I don't understand why thats happening.

- Alex

the Vulcan textures are really blurred and unpleasant

That is a fairly common complaint when it comes to A-Team releases. The same can be said for most of their stuff.

maYBe TaHT sI is siGN tHat YUo Ned neW vEEDEo crad! I SalE yuO v.GooD Crad, ATIGTIGeFarceRAdon 10500 VoodO 7 GTz, foR v.CheEp PriCE. iS nOw AVailaBL aS Both AGiP 17x and PCe XprEss 5.oH!!!!! CraD not CRap, iS maD by DediCated WorKERs in secRET FacTOry unDEr ProtecTioN LatVIan MafiA!!!! Evan CrAYoLA SkinS maD to LoOK clearR, wit v.Much DeTALe! Yuo InsteresT, yEs?

Why wouldn't I be interested?? :rolleyes:

Thanks C5, but I really am sure that before the patch the textures weren't bad at all. This isn't in any way a complaint to the modder by the way, I appreciate ALL the work done for this sim.

Why wouldn't I be interested?? :rolleyes:

Thanks C5, but I really am sure that before the patch the textures weren't bad at all. This isn't in any way a complaint to the modder by the way, I appreciate ALL the work done for this sim.

Do you set up separate profiles for your video card? you may need to increase the AA/AF settings - If you have the in game settings up to full - then you can still tweak the card up.

maYBe TaHT sI is siGN tHat YUo Ned neW vEEDEo crad! I SalE yuO v.GooD Crad, ATIGTIGeFarceRAdon 10500 VoodO 7 GTz, foR v.CheEp PriCE. iS nOw AVailaBL aS Both AGiP 17x and PCe XprEss 5.oH!!!!! CraD not CRap, iS maD by DediCated WorKERs in secRET FacTOry unDEr ProtecTioN LatVIan MafiA!!!! Evan CrAYoLA SkinS maD to LoOK clearR, wit v.Much DeTALe! Yuo InsteresT, yEs?

Questions:

1: The only way you place your posts is in this way? Stay off the LSD stamps...

2: I notice that all of your post are related to some kind os a PC business, Coincidence?

Could you stay on topic and with Combatace. Wanna sell stuff: E-Bay....

Could otherwise be I'll send Chuck Norris or Mr T. to straighten you out!

And now, back to the topic!

Edited by muesli

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That was funny as hell Muesli!

Easy now Don!!! :nono:

That was the very first skin I'd made for a release, built directly off the LinedUVmaps. Admittedly, not the best, but my FIRST!!! :biggrin:

Setting textures to 'unlimited', whilst killing frame rates, does bring the sharpness back. The only skins I haven't noticed the fuzziness on are Sundowners and the stock ones (oddly enough!). When set to the next one down

WRench

kevin stein

That was the very first skin I'd made for a release, built directly off the LinedUVmaps. Admittedly, not the best, but my FIRST!!! :biggrin:

Honestly I've never looked at the Vulcan skin, my comment was in regard to Gramps' work. Yours is obviously superior. :good:

Is it possible modify this F****N' damned patch,to bring back the old graphics control?Not only low,medium and high,but meaning stock AA,I think many people here want their fps back,this games series was a peaceful alternative of most demanding games,like Lomac,ok now I've got a computer that allow me playing in unlimited,but m many people aren't lucky to get latest video cards or processors,and this "State of the art" patch isn't a big deal for them.

Lomac,for a funny paradox now is easier to be played maxed,smooth like a silk glove!

WoI or latest patch games are awful to be played decently,I'll prefer thinking at the community modifying that patch,than dropping bombs with radar aid or steering in a runway(not perfectly) in the middle of parking (fps killers AC),ok is pretty but nothing compared with pre patch latest effects,hdr,enviro mods etc...only a few things,marketing?

Ok Yap is payware,but it got parked ac too,both friendly and foes,more structures and so...but flying it is not painful for fps and it's a great flying experience!

Multiple installs are even the Big Deal!

I don't want offend anybody or support others with this words,I just think to people who study,or to younger people or to somebody that can't buy great machines to playing this full,now I'm lucky,I've worked for it,but before i was one of them.

Xray, you may find some success in the Flightengine.ini file. You can experiment with variables under each detail option block. Here is the default...

[HighDetailOption]

HorizonDistance=60000.0

DetailMeshSize=5

DetailLevel=1

WaterEffect=2

NoiseTexture=1

MaxTextureRes=512

[unlimitedDetailOption]

HorizonDistance=75000.0

DetailMeshSize=6

DetailLevel=1

WaterEffect=2

NoiseTexture=1

MaxTextureRes=-1

Wrench::

I saw that too. Long ago, Boopidoo didn't know why maps were rejecting the Su-15, so based on my suggestion, Boopidoo changed Su-15 from Large to Medium airfields. Then column5 whined about A-Team's B-36 having Medium airfields. PISSED ME OFF :biggrin:

Wrench (dave, fubar, Fc, etc...) ya'll better watch column5's behavior, and deploy The Paddle (I'm from Mississippie :crazy: )

Setting textures to 'unlimited', whilst killing frame rates, does bring the sharpness back. The only skins I haven't noticed the fuzziness on are Sundowners and the stock ones (oddly enough!). When set to the next one down

WRench

kevin stein

Wrench, The, your textures had me at hello. :haha:

Honestly???

Cause I thought they kinda sucked.... there was a lot of detailing I just plane couldn't figure out (engine intakes/turbine fans). Some one did another skin right after the relase, that was soooo much better!

Having seen the Real Aircraft ™ at Castle, well....at least I had some of my photos and lots of reference material to go one. The "Warpaint" on the Vulcan really helped.

For a first time, creating off the lined map....well, I ain't so Sundowner! That's for damn sure!

WRench

kevin stein

I've made a whole package available here!

X Ray and HiHo, your skins are great but i'm having trouble using them with the new patch because for some reason the resolution drops right down. I don't know the cause of the problem but was looking to use other skins to see if the problem was there too.

Would be great if you guys could update your skins as they're absolutely awesome. I love 607 that you made X Ray - right on the money.

- Alex

I really don't know if I do it,cause i don't have planned to patch WoE by now,I repeat that I patch a new install only when DS mod will be available to have it just like a new game.

Go for multiple install,planes that work great on previous patch in one install and others on the newest september patch,I'm working on other skins by now,Vulcan's ones are a close chapter by now!